Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 112902 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #195: February 16, 2013, 09:04:11 AM »
Except for the fact that Christopher II had been in the realm for almost a year, about 2 months longer than your character, had established through RP's during that year that he was the son of a former king, and was "pushed into the spotlight" by other characters who had no claim to the throne (mine being one of them) as a way to RP a legitimate removal of what one faction viewed as an ineffective and incompetent king fully under the influence of an overzealous priest...who showed up in the realm one day venomously denouncing the realm, its nobles, and King for a lack of religious fervor without much of an introductory RP for, at the time, a nobody (in Eston) who just happened to be from a well-known family.

Of course Kerwin would denounce Christopher II...he was the King.  Since this was previously anticipated by players smarter than you believe us to be, other plans were in place and long in motion.  A game mechanic hiccup left us without Elost, which still vexes us now, but the secession was the plan all along, not a rebellion.  Everything was done IC and with a lot of public and private RP's (Elroy worked for months to make sure alliances were in place and that Artutius could not back out of the plan, and when real-life kept me away from the game for a few days and another member of the Entreri family was executed, that was turned into an IC reason for the secession and now a rift between Elroy and Arturius).  I don't know why you two act as though this was some minor tantrum instead of a mostly well-executed and RP'd plan.  Seriously, the amount of mudslinging and whining towards Rieleston from you two on this board is...excessive and doesn't yet appear to be therapeutic.

I agree that a 17 year old daughter of an 80 year old female is ridiculous, but RP'ing a claim to the throne by an established character based on historical precedent is a pretty solid and logical RP.  If Kerwin II shows up and tries to claim the throne of Eston, I think that would lead to some pretty entertaining politics...and a knife in his back of course.

The two of you constantly rewrite the details surrounding Rieleston, but I feel compelled to speak up when things get really inaccurate.

Pretty sure you have your chronology wrong; I don't think Christopher was present before Cyrilos (or, if so, he was paused). I'm almost certain I remember his arrival.

And to me it's not just Christopher: it's the entire establishment of 80-year-old characters who've all held power forever and all have second characters in Eston. And how, for example, Arturius I remember for sure, threw major OOC tantrums over Eston not "being what it used to be." I've literally never been in a realm with as much OOC politics as Eston.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner