Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 112963 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #195: February 16, 2013, 05:03:13 PM »
I'll be very curious to see what CE is like over the long term now that I'm playing there. It's a Republic for one thing, which actually serves it very well I think, as they have one of the younger and more dynamic rulers on the island. I'd very much like to get myself into the Senate at some point and see if it is also a dynamic institution. If so, that could go along way toward explaining CE's success in my opinion; the appearance of upward mobility and the opportunity to be engaged and have a say in the realm is a hugely important factor in recruiting and retaining talented young nobles. As a player I can remember that when I started playing BM, I nearly quit after joining an Atamaran realm as my first destination. The place seemed completely dominated by a clique of characters who had been around forever, and I really didn't see any point in staying just to march back and forth across the island on trips that took almost a week in one direction, especially when the prevailing atmosphere seemed to be that the opinions of those outside the clique were not welcome. Thank goodness I gave Dwilight a try when it was just being opened up.

Interesting take. When I joined Atamara 4.5 years ago in CE, I was given a region lordship within 1 month. (First character on this account too).

CE's senate though by my "dated" experience is kind of static. The Dukes have all been in power forever. (pretty much same everywhere though) The Prime Ministers of CE are usually lackeys of one Duke or another. The good ones are the ones who start wars CE has a hard time winning, because they are the ones trying to make CE a fun place.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."