Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 111187 times)

skiarxon@gmail.com

Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #90: February 06, 2013, 07:08:01 AM »
Which is what I don't understand. If you look at Darka fighting now, they are hosting ~40k CS (from CE point of view), which would definitely make a difference if Darka committed that force when Eston was around. It's Darkan fault Eston fell...

Well aren't you a little whiny little kid? It's Estons fault Eston fell since you were retarded. You tried to ally with Coria (and probably got stabbed in the back for that), Darka always brought more army into your lands than you did and last I heard your General resigned because he did not like how the King was dealing with the whole situation.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: February 06, 2013, 07:20:05 AM »
I can confirm by looking at statistics, about 2 weeks ago Darka gained ~ a dozen nobles or so within 1 week period. Curious :)

It's mostly people from Eston leaving Eston and joining Darka to carry on the fight.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Radigand

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: February 06, 2013, 07:22:59 AM »
Well aren't you a little whiny little kid? It's Estons fault Eston fell since you were retarded. You tried to ally with Coria (and probably got stabbed in the back for that), Darka always brought more army into your lands than you did and last I heard your General resigned because he did not like how the King was dealing with the whole situation.

lol, you silly, I'm with CE :D, and I'm not whining, I'm winning

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #93: February 06, 2013, 07:23:46 AM »
lol, you silly, I'm with CE :D, and I'm not whining, I'm winning

Saw that today.

Radigand

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: February 06, 2013, 07:29:29 AM »
Saw that today.

lol, you are hilarious!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:34:49 AM by Radigand »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: February 06, 2013, 07:34:18 AM »
I can confirm by looking at statistics, about 2 weeks ago Darka gained ~ a dozen nobles or so within 1 week period. Curious :)
They sent out a call across most of the continent.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Eirikr

« Reply #96: February 06, 2013, 07:59:10 AM »
Why don't you blame the Barony for bringing 5k and 6k, instead of the 12K or more they are marching now?

And the blame is definitely (in part) ours. Some new and old nobles getting vocal again seems to have brought up the energy level again. I just hope it all marches out again after all this waiting for impending doom.

I will also attest to Darka bringing at least 30k CS to Coria on several occasions. That's partially why we needed the CE's help on top of Tara's.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: February 06, 2013, 08:11:01 AM »
last I heard your General resigned because he did not like how the King was dealing with the whole situation.

That is false. Luka (the General) and Kealan (former Duke of Hawthorne) Emarana were two of Kerwin's most loyal supporters. Vehemently pro-Eston, pro-Monarch. The player quit really without much explanation, other than he had been playing for almost 7 years and realized he was finally burnt out and seeing CE win out over Eston was just to much for him and realized he needed to step away from the game.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: February 06, 2013, 08:13:14 AM »
A question for those who may know: any insight on why the decision was made to completely exile Kerwin from Atamara? When I found out it was going to happen I was honestly a little surprised, I hadn't realized Kerwin had so offended anyone.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Eirikr

« Reply #99: February 06, 2013, 08:30:20 AM »
A question for those who may know: any insight on why the decision was made to completely exile Kerwin from Atamara? When I found out it was going to happen I was honestly a little surprised, I hadn't realized Kerwin had so offended anyone.

It was requested some time ago by Talerium and Tara when we were developing terms before your surrender. (I don't know why those terms took so long and did not seem to hasten the terms when you actually did surrender.) After the terms that DID go out were sent, Talerium did go back on their demand saying they'd made some mistake. I think they did a history check and realized they were exiling the wrong man. Tara has been bitter with you for a while, but I couldn't list a specific reason. I vaguely recall Ottar saying he was angry you executed a Taran (infil, I think)... But that was waaaaaaaaaaay long ago when Coria was looking to do something with the North.

I mean, if we weren't buddies, I'd be telling these guys to go after you for not removing Athena after you did get elected. Another good point would be some of the terms during the stalemate portion of the war; they were kind of insulting since you hadn't really threatened the duchy you were throwing into the terms. Maybe it's not big enough for a continental exile, but it would be worth removing you as King.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: February 06, 2013, 08:45:37 AM »
After the terms that DID go out were sent, Talerium did go back on their demand saying they'd made some mistake. I think they did a history check and realized they were exiling the wrong man.

This certainly happened. The first version of the treaty listed Kerwin as the King during that infil debacle with Coria, etc. Which simply wasn't true. Kerwin was outraged and that was why he demanded they be rewritten after they were presented to him, because it was simply false. Jean Alain de Bardt was King during that and ended up resigning over it, Kerwin was elected after him.

I won't go into how ridiculous it is that Talerium would demand anything because of an infiltrator. They were the most prolific users of infils on the whole continent. I can't even count how many times Talerium infils stabbed Eston nobles in the early part of the war.

Tara has been bitter with you for a while, but I couldn't list a specific reason. I vaguely recall Ottar saying he was angry you executed a Taran (infil, I think)... But that was waaaaaaaaaaay long ago when Coria was looking to do something with the North.

Ottar mentioned this I think (hard to tell, he is never really coherent) when I tried to ask him about it, but when I told him I honestly did not remember that ever happened and asked him to name who the noble was he stopped responding altogether. I honestly think it's bullcrap. I know I never gave the order, especially for a Taran noble, maybe a Talerian one.

I mean, if we weren't buddies, I'd be telling these guys to go after you for not removing Athena after you did get elected. Another good point would be some of the terms during the stalemate portion of the war; they were kind of insulting since you hadn't really threatened the duchy you were throwing into the terms. Maybe it's not big enough for a continental exile, but it would be worth removing you as King.

I guesso. I didn't have the power to remove her though, or I honeslty would have. Kerwin's been trying to get rid of her his entire reign, as she's been a political opposition to him. She's the Judge and Duke of the capital city though, so he's been powerless to do so.

Also, I can understood the step down as King. I was half expecting that. It was the exile from Atamara that caught me off guard and also really bummed me out to be honest. Kerwin was my first character when I joined the game and always been in Eston on Atamara. I don't wanna leave the island.

Eirikr

« Reply #101: February 06, 2013, 08:55:10 AM »
I guesso. I didn't have the power to remove her though, or I honeslty would have. Kerwin's been trying to get rid of her his entire reign, as she's been a political opposition to him. She's the Judge and Duke of the capital city though, so he's been powerless to do so.

I know it's a horrible mechanic to use since it almost always backfires, but you could have tried an exile. I'm not sure when since you were at war for so long and had those internal issues...

Also, I can understood the step down as King. I was half expecting that. It was the exile from Atamara that caught me off guard and also really bummed me out to be honest. Kerwin was my first character when I joined the game and always been in Eston on Atamara. I don't wanna leave the island.

Then don't.  ;D We could use some drama on Atamara. See if you can take refuge in BoM, Darka or even down south in Carelia. They've got a few nobles the CE considers war criminals, what's one more?

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: February 06, 2013, 09:40:22 AM »
I know it's a horrible mechanic to use since it almost always backfires, but you could have tried an exile. I'm not sure when since you were at war for so long and had those internal issues...

Though about it. The last King of Eston who tried that ended up having to resign cause he lost all his H/P.

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: February 06, 2013, 09:45:05 AM »
This is probably because Darka has never been under any threat or pressure in a long time. There's no catalyst for internal conflict. It is no coincidence that the biggest instance of internal strife in Eston in several years came during the tail end of this war that it was becoming more and more apparent would end badly for Eston. External conflict breeds internal conflict.

That being said, Darka is pretty gung-ho about themselves and are pretty convinced their military is as best as it gets. So you're probably right, they might slug it out til the end. And good for them, I hope they make it miserable for CE & Co.!

Darka has a strong core and the key positions if you wish are held by loyal Darkans that would prefer to see Darka burn than surrender.
We lost impatient and  not that devoted Darkans in the beginning of this war due to boredom and the rest stayed.But the core of Darka is based on players that are in the realm for 4 years or even more each.
I would bet my hand KK won't surrender and i would bet the same for all the Dukes and that is all it takes.
If this war turns entirely against us then Darka will make the last stand. Bet on it. :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:54:43 AM by Misericordia »
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: February 06, 2013, 09:56:56 AM »
Heh, time will show. If we run out of gold or regions or recruits or nobles or what ever... or KK gets protested out or smthng... But one thing is for sure, KK would not sign anything silly like that.

What surprises me mostly is the "hatred" how CE & Tara is jumping on Darka... Especially Tara.

Another great surprise is Talerium troops joining the attack. I guess Eston was right, should have stormed against Talerium when we had a chanche... but i hope this is just cause Talerium doesnt recognize Agnilar as Darkan lands.
~Violence is always an option!~