Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 111194 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #105: February 06, 2013, 11:46:22 AM »
Another great surprise is Talerium troops joining the attack. I guess Eston was right, should have stormed against Talerium when we had a chanche... but i hope this is just cause Talerium doesnt recognize Agnilar as Darkan lands.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Talerium gain some land from Darka when its all over.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: February 06, 2013, 03:24:12 PM »
Heh, time will show. If we run out of gold or regions or recruits or nobles or what ever... or KK gets protested out or smthng... But one thing is for sure, KK would not sign anything silly like that.

What surprises me mostly is the "hatred" how CE & Tara is jumping on Darka... Especially Tara.

Another great surprise is Talerium troops joining the attack. I guess Eston was right, should have stormed against Talerium when we had a chanche... but i hope this is just cause Talerium doesnt recognize Agnilar as Darkan lands.

And I hope they stab you in the back like you deserve.

Sorry. I'm really enjoying the schadenfreude here. Darka and Eston deserve everything they get, IMO.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: February 06, 2013, 03:57:37 PM »

Sorry. I'm really enjoying the schadenfreude here. Darka and Eston deserve everything they get, IMO.

I'm not sure I agree fully with that, but I certainly think Darka's getting what it deserves for putting Talerium on a pedestal all these years.

Seriously, guys, did you really think they were your friends? I haven't even been on Atamara in years, and I could have told you that when push came to shove, they'd stab you in the back and laugh as you rot.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: February 06, 2013, 04:05:36 PM »
I'm not sure I agree fully with that, but I certainly think Darka's getting what it deserves for putting Talerium on a pedestal all these years.

Seriously, guys, did you really think they were your friends? I haven't even been on Atamara in years, and I could have told you that when push came to shove, they'd stab you in the back and laugh as you rot.

They actually still haven't broken the most substantial part of the border treaty, so it still remains intact and we haven't necessarily been betrayed.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: February 06, 2013, 04:26:05 PM »
Talerium is, actually, using the same tactic that Darka used: holding to the borders of the realms that existed at the start of the war. Agnilar was not Darkan at the start of the war, so they assert their right to fight there. It still remains to be seen whether or not they will continue to hold to that. However, ther is no reason to suspect they will not.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: February 06, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
Yeah, mainly what makes me sad panda is that they actually WANT to fight us at Agnilar, even thought they arent basicly anymore war with Eston. And as far as i know, they dont have any claims to Agnilar, infact nobody has not said anything that they want Agnilar... CE people babbling something about Hawthorne... I hope Hawthrone will join Darka as well :P Then all is well i guess :)
~Violence is always an option!~

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: February 06, 2013, 04:53:57 PM »
They actually still haven't broken the most substantial part of the border treaty, so it still remains intact and we haven't necessarily been betrayed.

You sound like someone trying to rationalize abuse. Just saying.  8)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: February 06, 2013, 05:48:43 PM »
Perth: just do what Cyrilos told you, and you can stay on Atamara. You know it's true!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #113: February 06, 2013, 05:56:20 PM »

Why exactly do we deserve that?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: February 06, 2013, 06:33:41 PM »
Why exactly do we deserve that?

Because I'm bitter, that's why.  ;D You couldn't tell?

Short story: I was always convinced that Darka's complete refusal to directly attack Talerium was, at best, short-sighted and self-serving, and I count it to be one of several major reasons why the North lost the war. You can quibble with that assertion if you want, but that's why.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: February 06, 2013, 06:40:09 PM »
North lost because we all sucked donkey balls.

If all would start from beginning, i would still keep treaty with Talerium, but would put pretty harsh demands to other realms who are with us on this war what to do. There was too much soloing all the time, at diplomacy and at military actions... while our enemy worked united whole time. Thats why north lost the war.... time will show if Darka will lose too... but we will do our best to make it cost helluwa lot for CE & Tara.

-Jaune

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: February 06, 2013, 06:52:53 PM »
Perth: just do what Cyrilos told you, and you can stay on Atamara. You know it's true!

But commandeering Merlin Silverfire's body via Cyrilos' dark magic is just a little weird for me still!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: February 06, 2013, 07:08:49 PM »
North lost because we all sucked donkey balls.

If all would start from beginning, i would still keep treaty with Talerium, but would put pretty harsh demands to other realms who are with us on this war what to do. There was too much soloing all the time, at diplomacy and at military actions... while our enemy worked united whole time. Thats why north lost the war.... time will show if Darka will lose too... but we will do our best to make it cost helluwa lot for CE & Tara.

-Jaune

What sort of demands? I'm always curious as to what other people think we could have done. However, I'm not sure how you can revisit other people's decisions and not at the same time revisit your own.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: February 06, 2013, 07:34:37 PM »
I would have told that Darka would lead northern armies and whole coalition diplomacy. Nobody should have talked anybody outside the coalition without going through me.

Carelia would have had total control over southern armies and diplomacy as well. If these requirments were not accepted, Darka would have sitout... and i bet this war would not then had happened.... but i had not realized how bad relations southeners had and i had no clue that Kerwin was boy toy of Silverfire.

-Jaune

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: February 06, 2013, 08:49:26 PM »
and i had no clue that Kerwin was boy toy of Silverfire.

-Jaune

And I had no clue KK was boy toy of Captain.  ;)