Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 111189 times)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #120: February 06, 2013, 09:22:16 PM »
And I had no clue KK was boy toy of Captain.  ;)

To be fair, his love affair with Captain has lasted much longer than yours with Silverfire. Border treaty has been around for ages.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: February 06, 2013, 10:15:50 PM »
Heh, you are forgetting that Darka defended Eston against Darkan own ally... and thats the thing which pissed KK off so much when you suddenly hugged Coria and even put their needs above Darkan needs... So, basicly Captain could say that KK is boytoy of Kerwin :P

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: February 06, 2013, 10:17:01 PM »
To be fair, his love affair with Captain has lasted much longer than yours with Silverfire. Border treaty has been around for ages.

I prefer to call it "the border travesty."

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: February 06, 2013, 10:23:41 PM »
I prefer to call it "the border travesty."

Eh, I am not a huge fan of it, but it does make some sense. I just would have rather placed a Darkan child in Cameland and then hit CE.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: February 06, 2013, 10:38:49 PM »
But commandeering Merlin Silverfire's body via Cyrilos' dark magic is just a little weird for me still!

i had no clue that Kerwin was boy toy of Silverfire.

-Jaune

Woah, woah, woah, what?

I am so confused. Kerwin isn't Merlin's boy toy. My character has never met the guy. My character doesn't even talk to people, he's illiterate and sits in his palace watching dancing girls every day, oblivious to the outside world.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:57:52 PM by Dante Silverfire »
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Radigand

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: February 06, 2013, 10:43:30 PM »
Yeah, mainly what makes me sad panda is that they actually WANT to fight us at Agnilar, even thought they arent basicly anymore war with Eston. And as far as i know, they dont have any claims to Agnilar, infact nobody has not said anything that they want Agnilar... CE people babbling something about Hawthorne... I hope Hawthrone will join Darka as well :P Then all is well i guess :)

I'm not sure if Eston shared their surrender conditions with the world (it was posted somewhere on the forums), but it was an agreement between CE, Talerium and others. Agnilar is part of that agreement. It's Talerium job, as well as the rest of Eagle's allies to enforce it. Talerium does not recognize Agnilar a Darkan territory (I'm not even sure if it recognizes Massilion duchy as well, you'd have to ask them in person), so they have to attack Darka to enforce a treaty with Eston. Right now Darka is the aggressor towards this treaty, which is fine. Just don't be surprised to see Talerium in Agnilar.

There are other plans for Hawthorne. If Duchy joins Darka, expect to see Talerians go after you.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:46:17 PM by Radigand »

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: February 06, 2013, 11:12:42 PM »
Eh, I am not a huge fan of it, but it does make some sense. I just would have rather placed a Darkan child in Cameland and then hit CE.

Yes, it makes sense when the goal is to cover your own ass. When it doesn't make sense is after you declare total war on the Cagilan Empire in an all or nothing bid to finally break their stranglehold on Atamara, then immediately tie one hand behind your own back by reaffirming a treaty that forces you to march days out of your way to even get to the Cagilan Empire while leaving another major enemy combatant in a virtually unassailable position.

Sorry, bitterness coming through again. Seriously though, the way I look at it is that Darka started a fight that was going to be all or nothing and then chose to voluntarily limit what they could do to win. That is probably the worst way to enter a war that I can think of...

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: February 06, 2013, 11:18:21 PM »
Yes, it makes sense when the goal is to cover your own ass. When it doesn't make sense is after you declare total war on the Cagilan Empire in an all or nothing bid to finally break their stranglehold on Atamara, then immediately tie one hand behind your own back by reaffirming a treaty that forces you to march days out of your way to even get to the Cagilan Empire while leaving another major enemy combatant in a virtually unassailable position.

Sorry, bitterness coming through again. Seriously though, the way I look at it is that Darka started a fight that was going to be all or nothing and then chose to voluntarily limit what they could do to win. That is probably the worst way to enter a war that I can think of...

Should have gotten Talerium to join the north. Then no problem.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: February 06, 2013, 11:22:35 PM »
Should have gotten Talerium to join the north. Then no problem.

Yeah, and if I crapped gold I would be a rich man.  8)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: February 06, 2013, 11:27:13 PM »
Yeah, and if I crapped gold I would be a rich man.  8)

No, you'd be dead.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #130: February 06, 2013, 11:28:15 PM »
No, you'd be dead.

No, he'd be a rich, dead man with a spoiled son who would inherit said wealth and waste it on decadent pleasures...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: February 06, 2013, 11:35:12 PM »
So... Looks like this will be a good war with Darka winning the first two battles.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: February 06, 2013, 11:38:39 PM »
So... Looks like this will be a good war with Darka winning the first two battles.

Japan won Pearl Harbor.

Germany won the French Blitzkrieg.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: February 06, 2013, 11:41:03 PM »
Japan won Pearl Harbor.

Germany won the French Blitzkrieg.
And they weren't over in two weeks either among other differences. My point is not that Darka will win but that they are close enough that it can last awhile.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: February 06, 2013, 11:46:07 PM »
And they weren't over in two weeks either among other differences. My point is not that Darka will win but that they are close enough that it can last awhile.

Oh, no doubt. I have maintained that as long as the Talerium border treaty holds fast, so will Darka. And it is about as hard to change a Tezokian's mind as anything else in this world.