Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 111184 times)

Eirikr

Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #135: February 07, 2013, 04:12:15 AM »
Oh, no doubt. I have maintained that as long as the Talerium border treaty holds fast, so will Darka. And it is about as hard to change a Tezokian's mind as anything else in this world.

I didn't realize it was so hard... Should I be proud I've succeeded a couple times, then?

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: February 07, 2013, 08:27:25 AM »
For now Hawthorne is still duchy of Eston, and Eston is allied with Darka... nobody, i mean nobody has not claimed Agnilar back. Its lord decided to join Darka, which ofcourse suited Darka well, cause Agnilar was running out of food and we had easier time to keep it supplied.

But indeed, this is starting to show Darkans that they are far behind on lines of friends of Talerium after all... and how deep Talerium is in that alliance. When all this started, Tara said they will be only defending CE... that was pretty fast thrown out of window and they joined for attacks... Talerium said they are only war with Eston and had only claims for Eston to get riddoff their judge. Darka informed that it will defend Eston against gangbang what was about to happen(CE & Coria were saying that they will join), when CE told us that if we do that, they will attack us... At that point, Talerium seemed to understand our stance. And we declared war to CE along with several other realms.

At beginning, CE asked few times what Darka wants to stop war efforts, i replied Darka wants CE's power reduced, so that realms could make their own decisions without being bullied by CE and her allies. Those talks ended there. Later Coria tried to hire Darka, but when i told it is not possible to hire us against Eston or Talerium, those talks ended there as well.

But if Taleriums reason to attack Darka is only because of Agnilar, i guess that will be solved soon... but still it shows how little Talerium have power over their own... and it shows how huge influence CE has over Atamara. Basicly there is nobody, i mean nobody who could do any move diplomaticallly or military moves without taking serious consideration what CE thinks about it... And it is getting worse.

I wont mind to play till the end, cause i dont care to play on Atamara for year or 2 after this war, it is already clear that there aint enough political will, or military strenght to challenge this powerblock. Atleast we tried :)

-jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: February 07, 2013, 05:30:22 PM »
Sure we did, but in the end is the own player's fault.

Sorry to jump in this late, have been busy lately and kicked my boss out his own notebook to comment. But i have to say it once and to everyone to read, the Empire is strong because their opponents sympathize with them and in the end betray their own Realms.

Numbers are simple and they do not lie, CE doesn't have the players to take over the continent, but then they use the same realm they fight and form a new realm, and the worst part is that this new puppet realm is made by those who were fighting them, and they keep repeating it over and over. I have seen it in all continents, realm’s secessions side with the enemy to stay on power, but they become a puppet afterwards.

Look to Minas Ithil and now Eston, they got secession who quickly fought against them, HELL!…. the same realm fighting themselves! To weaken a strong Empire is easy; history has proved it, if the enemy wants to conquer and form a puppet realm, let them use their own nobles.

Take Strombran for example, how many Carelians you think joined Strombran……NONE! The Empire had to send 15 of their nobles south to take care of this land; that is the way to get an Empire weak. You can’t conquer Atamara with just 150 characters (CE+Tara+Tallerium).

For Atamara is already too late, many players love to join the winning side, instead of letting them enjoy the victory and land while you arm yourself. Every realm on atamara

Well i must depart to work, see you around.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: February 07, 2013, 07:51:45 PM »
For Atamara is already too late, many players love to join the winning side, instead of letting them enjoy the victory and land while you arm yourself.

But once everyone wins, the winners fight amongst themselves.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: February 07, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »
Yeah, that didn't work so well on EC...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: February 07, 2013, 07:57:46 PM »
It's never worked on AT either.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: February 07, 2013, 07:57:56 PM »
Yeah, that didn't work so well on EC...

There has been a cooldown period for many reasons... A lot of it due to players in power being pussies and preferring titles over fun.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: February 07, 2013, 07:58:46 PM »
There has been a cooldown period for many reasons... A lot of it due to players in power being pussies and preferring titles over fun.

You described most players imho.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: February 07, 2013, 08:00:29 PM »
You described most players imho.

Then don't vote for them. Or kick them out. Easy to do.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: February 07, 2013, 08:04:57 PM »

Hard, 95% of the players are those players.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: February 07, 2013, 08:06:17 PM »

Are we really going to have to go through this again?

No, it is not "easy" to do. You need to have significant popular support, not just behind the idea that war/fun is more important than people keeping their titles, but behind actually kicking out the people in charge who are affected by that view.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: February 07, 2013, 08:07:43 PM »
The current peace is not the first time this has happened. It is also not what I'm talking about.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: February 07, 2013, 08:21:46 PM »
This has strayed from the topic, so I will not continue, but I will say a lot of people make it seem a whole lot harder than it is and overcomplicates the possibility of putting people in power who will be fun rulers, not necessarily war rulers, but fun rulers nonetheless.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: February 07, 2013, 10:14:38 PM »
This has strayed from the topic, so I will not continue, but I will say a lot of people make it seem a whole lot harder than it is and overcomplicates the possibility of putting people in power who will be fun rulers, not necessarily war rulers, but fun rulers nonetheless.

EC demonstrated the difficulty of provoking change on a static island with the Year of Peace. Ending that required one of the only lightning storms ever.

It's not that we "make it seem harder", it's that it really is that hard.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Radigand

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: February 08, 2013, 01:53:08 AM »
95% of players wants power, who cares about 5%? 5% is the loud minority here, unfortunately.