Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 112117 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #255: February 24, 2013, 05:54:45 AM »
Settle down.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #256: February 24, 2013, 06:29:30 AM »
Relax, Silverfire.

I'm sorry your idea hasn't panned out. I thought it was pretty cool, and I would have liked to have seen it go somewhere, but let's be realistic: It challenged the status quo in a big way. On Atamara, it's very hard to do that and get away with it. Yes, people misinterpreted your intentions, but honestly they mostly did it on purpose. Even from an IC perspective, there are plenty of good reasons for those characters to have done that. You should try not to take it personally.

Am I disappointed? Yes. But I'm not surprised, and I will keep playing. Let's see what happens next.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #257: February 24, 2013, 06:34:40 AM »
Oh, Atamara... what you do to people...
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #258: February 24, 2013, 08:13:16 AM »
Ah..someone likes to post my only for elders in-game messages on this Forum just to prove how awesome they are? Heh...

Completely IC level: Somebody ran a bloodless rebellion by telling lies to his realm and hiding facts pulling out of his political power and influence to make himself King.

Completely OCC level : Somebody wants to liven up his realm by organizing back-stabbing events. Nice way to justify dishonorable IC acts through OCC explanation. Way to go !

In terms of Atamara,
on an OCC level: Somebody is telling that he no longer wants to wipe out realms so that allow EVERY PLAYER on Atamara to enjoy a more fun experience. What about plans to wipe out Rieleston? Is that the idea of giving fun to player?

on an IC level: somebody is claiming that people are misinterpreting him and he is pretending to be a victim. What is there to misinterpret? Words are clearly written on paper and people are not fools. Somebody is loosing interest? Yes sir, you will loose it when dishonorable acts become public. And someone thinks that writing 25-100 letters a day and reading 100-200 letters a day is stressful? Well, I have to agree on this one, it is stressful like hell, believe me, I know.

Final thoughts: Somebody thinks that people are not interested in taking risks. What somebody don't know is that people don't want to dishonorable acts, like, back-stabbing friends. Somebody wants benefit of doubt? Oh..no. That's not possible because somebody's secret letters find their way to somebody else's scribes and those people know the true face of the villain.

Somebody is here to play with friends and have fun? Why don't he straightaway join his real friends in enemy realms instead of back-stabbing other people?

Somebody wants to pretend to quit battlemaster and wants to gain words of sympathy by telling this to everyone? Well sir... you are addicted to this game just like all of us here. You can't leave it even if you try (unless you go to BM Rehabilitation Center) . My advise: start playing without back-stabbing and you will feel the difference.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #259: February 24, 2013, 08:21:54 AM »
You're right, why the f*** would I expect you to understand.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #260: February 24, 2013, 08:27:19 AM »
No Sir, I won't understand why is it necessary for you to back-stab and kill my realm. Sorry.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #261: February 24, 2013, 08:28:58 AM »
No Sir, I won't understand why is it necessary for you to back-stab and kill my realm. Sorry.

If you bothered to read anything written at all by my character or pretty much any character in my realm you'd realize there is nothing to back that up.

And with that I'm done with responding here. You're just pissing me off.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #262: February 24, 2013, 08:35:48 AM »
You think that people who are back-stabbed by a supposed friend are not pissed off as hell?

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263: February 24, 2013, 08:45:39 AM »
Well, gotta admit that some might think they got backstabbed... especially IC, but if you read what was/is the purpose of the empire, you would understand that every realm was invited to join. This would be like treaty no assasination of council members on Atamara(which dont be effective anymore), but it was agreed no assasinations of rulers ,later council members. This "Empire" would have been agreement of realms that we dont destroy each other, we dont humiliate them to the end.

But i do understand IC and even OOC that CE & Boys felt pissed, after all.... it wouldnt be only them to run things around anymore.

I dont know what kind of talks Silverfire had with CE & Tara before announcing it.... maybby he should have talked about it first with them, sell the idea to current Empire.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #264: February 24, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »
And several CE Lords don't really care about taking action against it. There's also a part that do want to take action against it, but what do you expect after reading messages about getting CE Dukes to secede, plans to destroy Rieleston to hurt CE, plans to make a powerbloc against CE/Tara, trying to 1v1 Tara and looking at options to see how loyal Talerium is to the Empire (Whether those claims are true or not is mostly irrelevant. At least a part of the Nobles believe it's true and do not trust Merlin at all, thats something that needs to be overcome now that those letters have come out). Of course, Nobles in CE/Tara are going to be riled up about reading that, and not even everyone is. They simply believe the Empire is set up with the purpose to fight CE/Tara, and there is enough 'evidence'  for their beliefs to be reconfirmed.

Obviously, there is always a misrepresentation of what is meant and what is understood, and there's plenty of that around in BM, but that's part of the game. Plans never go according to plan, and there always some people that react differently then you expected. There still seems to be quite some unwillingness to take action against Coria in CE, so if those kind of messages that directly talk about weakening and attacking CE and her Allies wouldn't have come out, I think the whole thing would have had a lot more chance to be pulled off.

But don't quite BM. There are always these moments where you get disillusioned by the game. But just take a step back and play your characters without involving them too much in things (Just as normal Knights fighting for their Liege). I'm sure that, after a while, you'll rekindle that passion and look back at this as a learning experience. At least I have on those moments.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:59:44 AM by Telrunya »

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #265: February 24, 2013, 09:34:04 AM »

You really can't understand, on an OOC level, why the policies of your realm are/have been bad for the island? At least to an extent? Even if you think some of us exaggerate it a little? And why people would want to challenge your realm or do something to at least change the power structure of how the island works some; make things less rigid and hegemonic?

Honestly?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:36:21 AM by Perth »
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #266: February 24, 2013, 10:13:27 AM »
Ah..someone likes to post my only for elders in-game messages on this Forum just to prove how awesome they are? Heh...

Completely IC level: Somebody ran a bloodless rebellion by telling lies to his realm and hiding facts pulling out of his political power and influence to make himself King.

Completely OCC level : Somebody wants to liven up his realm by organizing back-stabbing events. Nice way to justify dishonorable IC acts through OCC explanation. Way to go !

In terms of Atamara,
on an OCC level: Somebody is telling that he no longer wants to wipe out realms so that allow EVERY PLAYER on Atamara to enjoy a more fun experience. What about plans to wipe out Rieleston? Is that the idea of giving fun to player?

on an IC level: somebody is claiming that people are misinterpreting him and he is pretending to be a victim. What is there to misinterpret? Words are clearly written on paper and people are not fools. Somebody is loosing interest? Yes sir, you will loose it when dishonorable acts become public. And someone thinks that writing 25-100 letters a day and reading 100-200 letters a day is stressful? Well, I have to agree on this one, it is stressful like hell, believe me, I know.

Final thoughts: Somebody thinks that people are not interested in taking risks. What somebody don't know is that people don't want to dishonorable acts, like, back-stabbing friends. Somebody wants benefit of doubt? Oh..no. That's not possible because somebody's secret letters find their way to somebody else's scribes and those people know the true face of the villain.

Somebody is here to play with friends and have fun? Why don't he straightaway join his real friends in enemy realms instead of back-stabbing other people?

Somebody wants to pretend to quit battlemaster and wants to gain words of sympathy by telling this to everyone? Well sir... you are addicted to this game just like all of us here. You can't leave it even if you try (unless you go to BM Rehabilitation Center) . My advise: start playing without back-stabbing and you will feel the difference.

Okay.

So I just realized that the heinously toxic lack of IC/OOC separation that ruins the fun for many might not only be an Eston thing. Maybe it's an Atamara thing?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #267: February 24, 2013, 10:56:39 AM »
Atamara could really use a Hari Seldon about now. Shame Silverfire's attempt was shot down, I was interested.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Eirikr

« Reply #268: February 24, 2013, 11:39:09 AM »
Hey, guys, can we please all remember that we are players? It's a game, it has no real effect on your everyday life. Berating a character IC is one thing, but don't drag that OOC and slather it all over the forums. If you walked into Merlin's player at the cornerstore, would you continue to yell at him because he tried to do something IG? I guarantee everyone around would think you the crazy one.

A character can be treated like scum because at the end of the day, he's imaginary. No lasting effects outside the game as a result. A player should never be treated like scum, who knows what their life is like? Even then, a game is a tool of recreation. Why should it be burdened with stress even after you disconnect from it?

The situation is almost over and whatever happens IG happens. Let Silverfire play his family in peace, it's unlikely he's playing them all as the same character.

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #269: February 24, 2013, 12:04:27 PM »
Nobody is berating Merlin's player.

As long as Merlin spreads lies and false propaganda, Jason is going to protest. If player of Merlin spreads falsehood on forums, then player of Jason will counter him (if he gets enough time from real life).

If Merlin needs peace, then probably he should start let others live in peace. It was him who was planting bomb in my pretty house  :'(