Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 111188 times)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #270: February 24, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »
I think people have been using "peace and stagnation" as a boogeyman. Atamara has not been at peace since Enri started as General, many years ago. Since then we've seen stagnation on EC, FEI, and BT (post Daimon invasion), but not AT. People keep crying about the sky falling after every peace treaty, but soon enough another war starts.

Yes, the League bloc keeps winning wars. Yes, its leadership ruthlessly goes after any perceived threats and roots them out. Yes, the League has been ganged up on with superior numbers and won anyway. Why should success be punished? Why should superior strategy and diplomacy be demonized?

You really can't understand, on an OOC level, why the policies of your realm are/have been bad for the island? At least to an extent? Even if you think some of us exaggerate it a little? And why people would want to challenge your realm or do something to at least change the power structure of how the island works some; make things less rigid and hegemonic?

Honestly?

Correction: It's been bad for the realms and nobles that challenged the League bloc and lost. I suggest that they don't lose next time. That should help.  ;)
------
qui audet vincit

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #271: February 24, 2013, 02:08:47 PM »
There go both of my characters on Atamara. Where to send them?

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #272: February 24, 2013, 02:13:47 PM »
I think people have been using "peace and stagnation" as a boogeyman. Atamara has not been at peace since Enri started as General, many years ago. Since then we've seen stagnation on EC, FEI, and BT (post Daimon invasion), but not AT. People keep crying about the sky falling after every peace treaty, but soon enough another war starts.

Yes, the League bloc keeps winning wars. Yes, its leadership ruthlessly goes after any perceived threats and roots them out. Yes, the League has been ganged up on with superior numbers and won anyway. Why should success be punished? Why should superior strategy and diplomacy be demonized?

Correction: It's been bad for the realms and nobles that challenged the League bloc and lost. I suggest that they don't lose next time. That should help.  ;)

The "League" bloc became what it is now because of Darka. It was not YOUR superior strategy, tactics or whatever you claim you did. WE made you.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #273: February 24, 2013, 02:41:54 PM »
Characters sent to Beluaterra and Far East respectively. Have fun with the after war peace party.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #274: February 24, 2013, 02:43:12 PM »
The "League" bloc became what it is now because of Darka. It was not YOUR superior strategy, tactics or whatever you claim you did. WE made you.

u so mad.  ;)
------
qui audet vincit

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #275: February 24, 2013, 02:46:51 PM »
u so mad.  ;)

Please don't say that... ever...

You remind me of the arrogant idiot in my IT class who said that because he used the unbalanced nature of the infantry general in command and conquer generals: zero hour to win against everyone else... then said u mad bro for hours afterwards like he had won the superbowl.

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #276: February 24, 2013, 02:57:45 PM »
WE made you.

Quite true. Only a strong villain can emphasize the significance of a strong Hero. Thanks for being a super villain.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277: February 24, 2013, 03:03:36 PM »
Well, Skiarxon do have a point there. If Darka would have not came to aid, Tara would be long time gone... and even CE could have been taken down by Southeners. But back then... it looked good and Tarzans were good guys who fought with big heart. Later they grow too big, use spies... and i guess same goes with CE.

This time we thought it could good to try out balance things, but as we know, with poor results :)

But war is still going... Atleast some of us will have fun times for a while... After that, i doubt there is nobody who could realistically challenge CE & Tara... and they dictate what happens... but such is life. Big boys play and small boys are the toys.
~Violence is always an option!~

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #278: February 24, 2013, 03:11:08 PM »
Please don't say that... ever...

You remind me of the arrogant idiot in my IT class who said that because he used the unbalanced nature of the infantry general in command and conquer generals: zero hour to win against everyone else... then said u mad bro for hours afterwards like he had won the superbowl.

Sorry. Skiarxon has been a bad influence on me.  ;D
------
qui audet vincit

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #279: February 24, 2013, 04:12:39 PM »

Success shouldn't be punished, it is true. My main concern with the power structure on AT is the way that all those wars you speak of have a way of becoming one-sided affairs as soon as CE chooses sides. It's just too bad that two realms that want to fight each other end up having to worry less about each other and more about who CE and Tara will side with. This ends up discouraging conflict for everyone but CE and Tara. No one wants to give CE an excuse to come after them so everyone tiptoes quietly around hoping they don't give CE any excuses until someone else screws up and ends up on the executioner's block.

I don't know, maybe after this things will actually change for the better. With virtually no credible threats left out there other than Suville, perhaps Silverfire will turn out to be right after all and tensions will rise between members of the CE bloc. That would, frankly, be a wonderful thing.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #280: February 24, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »
If player of Merlin spreads falsehood on forums, then player of Jason will counter him (if he gets enough time from real life).

If Merlin needs peace, then probably he should start let others live in peace. It was him who was planting bomb in my pretty house  :'(

That's what you don't understand. I am NOT spreading falsehoods. If you want to believe my character is lying, then do so all you want.

All you have is a list of letters taken way out of context. You don't understand the discussions taking place at the time or how they are meant to be received.

*I* as a player am trying to be 100% honest when I say that my character had ZERO intention for CE to be harmed in any way with his actions. Letters of his may make this "look" untrue when taken out of context, but I am telling you the truth. Merlin lied out of his ass to get people to believe what he wants them to believe or to join him. This also means that he sent drastically different letters to the different rulers on Atamara. Each ruler received a different tactic to try and get them to join his empire. The only people who received a fully "truthful" version of this tale were his allies, (CE, Tara, Talerium, Strombran).

The entire point of this was not a betrayal but to establish the diplomatic framework for different warfare as established before. Merlin's character prohibits him from EVER fighting CE. Merlin wanted Coria to grow stronger and to do so without coming into conflict with CE. Now, his next diplomatic actions wouldn't have been necessarily supported by CE, because he wanted to fight Rieleston, but they also wouldn't have been explicitly opposed by CE. There are only two reasons that CE would not want Coria to fight Rieleston: 1. They don't want Coria to get stronger, 2. They want Rieleston to be their newest puppet in the north. This circumstance was to give Merlin a way to maneuver the political situation whereby Coria could fight a war against Rieleston and CE wouldn't interfere. Thus, Coria moves up to a fourth duchy and is now just as strong as Tara.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for you to tell ME what my "intentions" are. You don't know. So, don't call me a liar for saying that when you don't know what they are, and that I'm misrepresenting things. Coria would never fight CE under Merlin's rule, and any careful examination of even all of the letters you'd read would make this clear. Once you lock Merlin into a public statement regarding his policy he will stand by it completely. To go against any public statement would deprive him of any honor. Yet, all of his public statements were simply disregarded. Merlin publicly stated on multiple occasions that he would NEVER under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE come into conflict with CE while he ruled Coria.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #281: February 24, 2013, 08:48:21 PM »
That's what you don't understand. I am NOT spreading falsehoods. If you want to believe my character is lying, then do so all you want.

All you have is a list of letters taken way out of context. You don't understand the discussions taking place at the time or how they are meant to be received.

*I* as a player am trying to be 100% honest when I say that my character had ZERO intention for CE to be harmed in any way with his actions. Letters of his may make this "look" untrue when taken out of context, but I am telling you the truth. Merlin lied out of his ass to get people to believe what he wants them to believe or to join him. This also means that he sent drastically different letters to the different rulers on Atamara. Each ruler received a different tactic to try and get them to join his empire. The only people who received a fully "truthful" version of this tale were his allies, (CE, Tara, Talerium, Strombran).

The entire point of this was not a betrayal but to establish the diplomatic framework for different warfare as established before. Merlin's character prohibits him from EVER fighting CE. Merlin wanted Coria to grow stronger and to do so without coming into conflict with CE. Now, his next diplomatic actions wouldn't have been necessarily supported by CE, because he wanted to fight Rieleston, but they also wouldn't have been explicitly opposed by CE. There are only two reasons that CE would not want Coria to fight Rieleston: 1. They don't want Coria to get stronger, 2. They want Rieleston to be their newest puppet in the north. This circumstance was to give Merlin a way to maneuver the political situation whereby Coria could fight a war against Rieleston and CE wouldn't interfere. Thus, Coria moves up to a fourth duchy and is now just as strong as Tara.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for you to tell ME what my "intentions" are. You don't know. So, don't call me a liar for saying that when you don't know what they are, and that I'm misrepresenting things. Coria would never fight CE under Merlin's rule, and any careful examination of even all of the letters you'd read would make this clear. Once you lock Merlin into a public statement regarding his policy he will stand by it completely. To go against any public statement would deprive him of any honor. Yet, all of his public statements were simply disregarded. Merlin publicly stated on multiple occasions that he would NEVER under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE come into conflict with CE while he ruled Coria.

Nah bro Merlin liar backstabber.... u so mad  8)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #282: February 24, 2013, 10:15:27 PM »

Nah bro Merlin liar backstabber.... u so mad  8)

Would you guys quit being jackasses for once...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #283: February 24, 2013, 10:43:13 PM »

You weren't even being spoken to.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #284: February 24, 2013, 10:43:58 PM »

The end of jackassery on Atamara could bring about the end of Atamara though!
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.