Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 111152 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #285: February 24, 2013, 10:57:19 PM »
The end of jackassery on Atamara could bring about the end of Atamara though!

lol +1

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #286: February 25, 2013, 01:01:33 AM »
You weren't even being spoken to.

So? He's right.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #287: February 25, 2013, 07:48:47 AM »
Would you guys quit being jackasses for once...

I was being sarcastic.... (ie. imitating the behavior of GoldPanda and Elegant).
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #288: February 25, 2013, 08:27:29 AM »
I was being sarcastic.... (ie. imitating the behavior of GoldPanda and Elegant).

Sorry then, the sarcasm didn't come over well in text form.

Eirikr

« Reply #289: February 25, 2013, 09:11:39 AM »
Sorry then, the sarcasm didn't come over well in text form.

It never does.

Though GoldPanda (the Kinsey family) is usually jovial or sarcastic. It took me a while to understand, but I'd say he's pretty good about not being serious when he's a jerk... if that makes sense.

de Aquitane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #290: February 25, 2013, 03:47:30 PM »
The purpose of sarcasm is usually to mock someone, and though it is very suiting for certain real life situations, I don't see how it means you're trying to offend any less. It's not debating because it doesn't attack the argument, it just an attempt to make someone look amusingly foolish and discredit what they say through it. I think it is against the spirit of a friendly discussion on an OOC forum. Sarcasm fits much better IC where nobles try to offend eachothers.

Now as for the "peace as a boogeyman"; I agree. Atamara has in my opinion been very entertaining these past few years, and there's no real reason to expect anything else. I think what people are afraid of is the fact that whether future wars will be fun for them or not is out of their hands, a fear that the central alliance will be able to dictate which wars will be balanced and which simply end before they start. And since because both IC (empire trying to widen its influence) and OOC (bring entertainment to own players) it makes a great deal of sense for the Cagil to meddle, I think this fear is reasonable.

Nobody, obviously, knows what exactly is going to happen, I just hope that if we end up in a position where the Empire ends up being a "peace keeping organization", the players within it will decide to create something fun for the whole island rather than try get as high as possible on the ladder of winning in an unwinnable game. And before someone says something, no it's not the Empire's duty to try create fun for others, it's just me hoping.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #291: February 25, 2013, 03:51:04 PM »
And before someone says something, no it's not the Empire's duty to try create fun for others, it's just me hoping.

If the Empire gets in a position where they effectively have veto power over any diplomacy or war that happens on the continent, then I'd say yes, it is absolutely their duty to try to create fun for others.

Sort of a "you bought it, now you have to manage it" type deal.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #292: February 25, 2013, 04:04:43 PM »
If the Empire gets in a position where they effectively have veto power over any diplomacy or war that happens on the continent, then I'd say yes, it is absolutely their duty to try to create fun for others.

Sort of a "you bought it, now you have to manage it" type deal.

I have to agree. All rulers when they become ruler are informed quite clearly that they have a responsibility to ensure a fun environment for their players. If you become ruler of an entire continent you have an even greater responsibility.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293: February 25, 2013, 07:04:20 PM »
I have to agree. All rulers when they become ruler are informed quite clearly that they have a responsibility to ensure a fun environment for their players. If you become ruler of an entire continent you have an even greater responsibility.

At least they are sharing cool Lion banners to every new realm, seems to be the new fun thing to do on Atamara.

Lets all make Lion banners!

There Carelia is ready!

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #294: February 25, 2013, 07:48:17 PM »
Noooo...  not that !

There you can find out the truth :http://www.hartwall.fi/fi/juomat/tuoteryhmat/oluet/karjala
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

Eirikr

« Reply #295: February 25, 2013, 09:07:34 PM »
Noooo...  not that !

There you can find out the truth :http://www.hartwall.fi/fi/juomat/tuoteryhmat/oluet/karjala
This is the English translation provided by Google. I have highlighted a few things I find funny considering the situation on Atamara:
Karelia is a gold-colored, richly foaming, strong lager. Its rich malt and selected hops aromas finishing Karelia high-quality beer that tastes for non-fraudulent friends who require olueltaan plenty of character. Karelia is heavily involved in the events, which also need plenty of character, such as in ice hockey.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #296: February 25, 2013, 11:22:39 PM »
Noooo...  not that !

:o

What? ...... I want to drink that! my Kindom for that drink!  >:(

The only one from there that gets to my country is Heineken  :'(

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #297: February 25, 2013, 11:51:16 PM »
:o

What? ...... I want to drink that! my Kindom for that drink!  >:(

Maybe you'd also enjoy the wall decoration I inherited from my grandmother when she died? :)
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #298: February 26, 2013, 12:03:32 AM »
Maybe you'd also enjoy the wall decoration I inherited from my grandmother when she died? :)

:o is more amazing than BM thong!

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #299: February 26, 2013, 02:45:31 AM »
That's not seriously your grandma's, right?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton