Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 110698 times)

Eirikr

Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #345: February 28, 2013, 05:16:30 AM »
Correction: Our General doesn't trust our allies. (And is actually on-call these days and tried to sign in at 5am, but couldn't. Both myself and GoldPanda told him not to lose his job over BM.)

Anyway, yeah... talk about awkward timing and situations. I want to take over, but my other character is the Barony Marshal. I would have expected at least common sense to prevail and people to see us losing battles in Belegmon and Anost as an indication to get their butts over to Barad Falas. Even Ravendon looks incompetent because he willingly gave up 90% of the power he had and now can't deal with problems the same way he used to.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: February 28, 2013, 10:39:12 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation_war

Finnish side:
63,204 dead or missing

Soviet side:
265,000 dead or missing

Soviet Victory

Good enough for me! And I think the League can do better than a 4:1 death ratio.
------
qui audet vincit

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347: February 28, 2013, 10:58:21 AM »
Mayby we should sign the peace... you got Carelia already :P

-jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #348: February 28, 2013, 12:45:27 PM »
Finnish side:
63,204 dead or missing

Soviet side:
265,000 dead or missing

Soviet Victory

Good enough for me! And I think the League can do better than a 4:1 death ratio.

That sounds like a pretty standard soviet death ratio...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #349: February 28, 2013, 09:36:12 PM »
Darka and BoM raided Coria back when Eston and Coria were "friends" as well.

That is why Eston will never be a Great Power, no matter how many regions or nobles it has. It can't stand up for itself, and gives passage rights to their "friends" so that they can raid and loot Eston's other "friends".

Eston is basically the battered wife of the Northern Alliance.
------
qui audet vincit

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Darka and BoM raided Coria back when Eston and Coria were "friends" as well.

That is why Eston will never be a Great Power, no matter how many regions or nobles it has. It can't stand up for itself, and gives passage rights to their "friends" so that they can raid and loot Eston's other "friends".

Eston is basically the battered wife of the Northern Alliance.

Seeing as Eston's entire leadership just changed, I find it hard to suggest that they will "never" be a Great Power for the listed reasons.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Eirikr

Also, the Barony's current trip to Coria didn't technically pass through Eston. I think Saradic was still Estonite when we went through, but it soon changed to Rieleston and then Lyonesse. After that, we went through a region that was rogue at the time (killing a whole bunch of Lyonesse troops) and then through Darka-owned lands.

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
This is what happens when you ignore his warnings saying that the cookies were hallucinagenic and that Darka and BoM really did have hidden armies which weren't helping you while your nation was getting burned. Then your "friends" let your realm burn: No one to keep the angry secessionists from gobbling you up now.

Hidden armies. When will you ever stop this silly propaganda? Yeah we had "hidden ex Estonites" and newcomers in our backpack... for the love of the banana do you ever read the battle reports?cause apparently you don't. In fact i highly doubt BoM brought forth in the last fights more than she brought before.Darka had no hidden armies, you may repeat it as many times as you please...but we simply hadn't.In fact we lost tons of players in this stupid war.
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Another problem with Eston was communication. It was at best tricky and slow... and often ended up arguing what to do and what not to do.

We didnt have such authority over foreign armies as Enri have on opposite side. I'm jelaous about that.

I can smell great battle coming soon... exciting times!
~Violence is always an option!~

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
York homes are made of solid iron, Minas Leon just can't seem to break into more than one or two per day. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Another problem with Eston was communication. It was at best tricky and slow... and often ended up arguing what to do and what not to do.

We didnt have such authority over foreign armies as Enri have on opposite side. I'm jelaous about that.

I can smell great battle coming soon... exciting times!

I sure hope so, would be the first time my chars (brothers) will actually fight alongside each other. + one of them soon has to go to his "normal" job rather than fighting, so it'll prob be the last chance for a while as well.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Eirikr

Hidden armies. When will you ever stop this silly propaganda? Yeah we had "hidden ex Estonites" and newcomers in our backpack... for the love of the banana do you ever read the battle reports?cause apparently you don't. In fact i highly doubt BoM brought forth in the last fights more than she brought before.Darka had no hidden armies, you may repeat it as many times as you please...but we simply hadn't.In fact we lost tons of players in this stupid war.

The Barony actually is bringing a stronger army than they did during the Hammarsett war, but that isn't because we didn't want to... It's because we couldn't. Many characters just stayed at home. We've gained a bunch of nobles recently and people have started marching again.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
The Barony actually is bringing a stronger army than they did during the Hammarsett war, but that isn't because we didn't want to... It's because we couldn't. Many characters just stayed at home. We've gained a bunch of nobles recently and people have started marching again.

Eston's surrender rejuvenated many of the bored/unresponsive tendencies in both the Barony and Darkan armies. Just goes to show how much more motivated you get to fight a war when its on YOUR borders and not your friend's. Eston's urgency and desperation throughout the war always was on a different level than Darka and BoM and was one source of conflict between the allies because they simply weren't as worried about things as we were, because it was our regions and future on the line at any given moment, not theirs.

Now it is, and they are a lot more pumped up to fight the war.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Eston's surrender rejuvenated many of the bored/unresponsive tendencies in both the Barony and Darkan armies. Just goes to show how much more motivated you get to fight a war when its on YOUR borders and not your friend's. Eston's urgency and desperation throughout the war always was on a different level than Darka and BoM and was one source of conflict between the allies because they simply weren't as worried about things as we were, because it was our regions and future on the line at any given moment, not theirs.

Now it is, and they are a lot more pumped up to fight the war.
That's not entirely true, will explain later.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
There is a lot of truth in what Perth said. We also got a lot of refugees, and new nobles. Word of the treaty forced on Eston attracted quite a few people interested in a "last stand" against the Empire.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.