Author Topic: I figured out what is wrong with Trade...and how to fix it  (Read 46494 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
The gold listed on region info is before pop rebalance...
The gold value listed on the region details page is the gold value for the region. There is no separate, hidden value that is used for calculations.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
The gold value listed on the region details page is the gold value for the region. There is no separate, hidden value that is used for calculations.
I haven't ever seen anything that actually suggests it is used as I have never seen one that is actually accurate but I don't have access to any code nor the tax rate it assumes.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I have never seen one that is actually accurate
Please explain what this means.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Please explain what this means.
I don't believe I have ever seen one be quite close tax incomes though I don't know the tax rate assumed as I said and I have also seen times where regions have perfect tax rate but have a tax income substantially less than posted on the region page.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
The gold value listed on the region page is not the tax income. It is, essentially, the economy value of the region, measured in gold per day. A gold rating of 1,600 means that, each day, there are essentially 1,600 gold coins of business transactions that you can tax, assuming a 100% production level. To figure out the actual taxes generated per day, you need to apply your tax rate to that value, then multiply by the production value. Like this:

GoldValue * TaxRate * ProductionValue = DailyTaxIncome

Multiply that by 7, and you get the weekly tax income generated by the region during one normal tax week.

Gustav Kuriga

which means that Kwanstein is still incorrect...

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Just thinking about all of that gold makes my mouth water... 13,300 per week at 25% tax rate, would give me 3,325 coins, 2,000 of which would go to me. Militia expenses, food? Pshaw... that could be trimmed down. With that kind of cash at my disposal, I could reach the family wealth cap in less than 3 months. I could afford insane tournaments, with record-shattering prize pools. All sorts of stuff would be possible.

And you complain about food prices... tut-tut.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Just thinking about all of that gold makes my mouth water... 13,300 per week at 25% tax rate, would give me 3,325 coins, 2,000 of which would go to me. Militia expenses, food? Pshaw... that could be trimmed down. With that kind of cash at my disposal, I could reach the family wealth cap in less than 3 months. I could afford insane tournaments, with record-shattering prize pools. All sorts of stuff would be possible.

And you complain about food prices... tut-tut.
You still don't know what your talking about...
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
The gold value listed on the region page is not the tax income. It is, essentially, the economy value of the region, measured in gold per day. A gold rating of 1,600 means that, each day, there are essentially 1,600 gold coins of business transactions that you can tax, assuming a 100% production level. To figure out the actual taxes generated per day, you need to apply your tax rate to that value, then multiply by the production value. Like this:

GoldValue * TaxRate * ProductionValue = DailyTaxIncome

Multiply that by 7, and you get the weekly tax income generated by the region during one normal tax week.
Thank you for clearing that up.
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
well, 11,200 per week. And I doubt that you can sustain it at 25%. 20% would be the highest that you could really sustain. At that rate, you'd be getting 2,240 total. The lord can't get more than, say, 60% of that, I think, so 1,344. Then subtract out all your expenses. And don't forget to pass out gold to all your knights.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
well, 11,200 per week. And I doubt that you can sustain it at 25%. 20% would be the highest that you could really sustain. At that rate, you'd be getting 2,240 total. The lord can't get more than, say, 60% of that, I think, so 1,344. Then subtract out all your expenses. And don't forget to pass out gold to all your knights.

How did you get 11,200?

As for the tax rate, I have run regions at 25% indefinitely before, you just have to hold court every so often. Allison Kabrinskia's player said here, on this forum, that she always used to run Golden Farrows tax rate at 25%, when she owned it. So it's possible for someone with profit on their mind to do.

The sole knight of that region could be taxed 50% and still make more than he could spend.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Is 60% assuming a 50% lords share? Otherwise I am pretty sure that's not true either.
How did you get 11,200?

As for the tax rate, I have run regions at 25% indefinitely before, you just have to hold court every so often. Allison Kabrinskia's player said here, on this forum, that she always used to run Golden Farrows tax rate at 25%, when she owned it. So it's possible for someone with profit on their mind to do.

The sole knight of that region could be taxed 50% and still make more than he could spend.
Allison also had constant work done to it IIRC, not holding court every once in a while. A lord of a stronghold in D'hara tried 25% and killed the tax rate doing.
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Wups... I thought it was a 1,600 gold region. It is actually 1,900, making the weekly economy 13,300. Still, you're not going to get 2,240 gold out of it, as lord. I'd be surprised if the lord could even get 1,600. And that assumes 0 expenses, and no knights. The capital city of the realm will have knights, and you're probably paying them at least 150 each. Two knights, militia, and expenses drops your actual income down to at least 1,200, tops, at 100% production. Anyway.... that's a discussion for a different thread.

Allison Kabrinskia's player said here, on this forum, that she always used to run Golden Farrows tax rate at 25%, when she owned it. So it's possible for someone with profit on their mind to do.[/qote]
Depends on many circumstances. To say that noble X did it, so noble Y can do it makes many assumptions, some of which are, I am telling you, wrong. 25% is NOT a tax rate which any region can sustain for long periods of time, without significant investment of time and effort from more than just the lord, even if it is possible at all.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:23:32 AM by Indirik »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
So I have been thinking, what do you think on allowing traders to have half range everywhere and full range at markets?
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Is 60% assuming a 50% lords share? Otherwise I am pretty sure that's not true either. Allison also had constant work done to it IIRC, not holding court every once in a while. A lord of a stronghold in D'hara tried 25% and killed the tax rate doing.
Yes. The lord's estate can be something like 10% for a city that size, at 100% efficiency. Then add in 50% of all the unallocated land.