Author Topic: Who should judge to invalidate RolePlay? Is it Magistrate?  (Read 13763 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
What Indirik said is true.

You can roleplay any group of NPCs within Westmoor doing any damn thing you want and that's not god-moding (note: spelled that way, not god-modding: "god-mode", like the cheat codes).

What you cannot and must not do is roleplay that this is the norm. In any large group of people, there will be subgroups who are into weird or bad stuff.

And this goes both ways: You, Tanos, cannot roleplay that every single commoner in Westmoor is a good, upstanding, and totally nice person and expect to be believed.

To veer back towards the original topic, though: There is, indeed, an official Wiki page that talks about getting GMs to invalidate roleplays. This is ancient, horrifically out of date, and not remotely relevant to BattleMaster. That part of the document is intended for SpellMaster in its various forms.

I've actually had on my TODO list for a week or so to write a new Wiki page with the actual RP rules, guidelines, and policies for BattleMaster, and make much clearer which parts of the existing page are still current and which parts are there for historical interest only.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan