Author Topic: Who should judge to invalidate RolePlay? Is it Magistrate?  (Read 13739 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Westmoor has PLENTY of right to determine what's going on in its borders just like Sirion, Nivemus, Perdan, OI, etc all do as well.
In general, that is correct. I wouldn't think it would be right for a Sirion noble to walk into Greatbridge and RP that the local constabulary had been ordered to cut the thumbs off all Sirionite nobles. That would be bad.

And yes, they are mine and they are their duke's and they are their region lord's and they are those of the knight's on whose estate they live.  This is feudalism.
They are "yours" only in the sense that they owe feudal loyalty to King Jor, and you are the player of King Jor. You, the player, have *no* exclusive right to control each and every action of each and every peasant within the realm of Westmoor. So long as what the other player RPs does not violate any game mechanics, or any specific fact the game is telling you, then they are within their rights as a player to RP it. And since the peasantry of Greatbridge loathes, despises, and positively abhors Sirionites, I wouldn't think that a lone troupe of Sirionites wandering the wild lands of Greatbridge being quietly massacred by the locals would be unrealistic at all.

However, even ignoring that, Westmoor falls under our jurisdiction.  If someone wants to go around RPing what Westmoorians are doing, they should contact myself, the duke, and/or the region lord.
That is completely incorrect. You do not own the RP rights to every peasant in the realm. Period.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.