Author Topic: Unwarranted OOC insult  (Read 16064 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Unwarranted OOC insult
« Topic Start: February 17, 2013, 02:26:12 AM »
I really dislike this complaint. Sure, it's inappropriate behavior to call other players names... but this is so childish. Seriously, imagine a bunch of players playing a board game, and one insults the other, so he calls the guy's wife or mom to make him apologize.

I have a really hard time determining if Kyle filed the complaint because he really feels like he's being bullied (which would justify magistrate intervention), or if he's just trying to take advantage of a player's lapse of judgement to get back at him by using the magistrates as a weapon.

Because seriously, this all sounds like "Mommy, mommy, he called me a 'douche'!"

Stuff is, apparently, seriously messed up in Swordfell right now. I'd need more than a simple out of context ooc letter to make an opinion on the topic. Because it seems like Kyle can't get along with many other players there, and in my book, vulgarity doesn't equate responsibility in player to player conflicts.

Although name-calling should never be done, I can't see myself voting for more than a warning unless a demonstration of bullying can be made.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron