Author Topic: The Resistance  (Read 34694 times)

Thomasgriff

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: The Resistance
« Reply #15: February 21, 2013, 10:40:01 PM »
I'm ready for it. Count me in.
Silence is golden, but Ductape is silver.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 22, 2013, 12:16:52 AM »
Game will be starting soon. No more sign-ups, feel free to PM me to reserve a replacement slot.

Game info:

With 8 players, there are 3 spies.

Mission agent requirements will go as such:

Turn 1: 3 agents needed
Turn 2: 4 agents needed
Turn 3: 4 agents needed
Turn 4: 5 agents needed, two failure PMs needed for a mission failure.
Turn 5: 5 agents needed

Role PMs are going out now.

Leadership order will be as follows (totally randomized):

1. Lefanis
2. D'Espana
3. Arundel
4. Thomasgriff
5. Dishman
6. Ketchum
7. Fury
8. Penchant
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:26:33 AM by Norrel »
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 22, 2013, 01:01:05 AM »
The rebels gather in the war room of their underground bunker. Smoke fills the air as they light their cigars, contented at yet another victory. They spoke casually, even jested when previously there had only been tension. Their spirits were as high as their cause was righteous.

You see, an enemy agent had just been captured - one by the codename of Norrel. It turns out your long-standing ally had merely been an enemy spy, sent to destroy you from the inside. You had all been his friends and allies, and the only reason you yet lived is because you happened upon him as he was relaying intelligence outside of the base. The fascist pig was quaking in fear when the eight of you walked in, Codename Lefanis taking the lead as your recently elected cell leader, now that Norrel was ousted from his position.

Without a word, he opened up a panel on the side of the room - full of torturer's devices. Knives, saws, hammers, even defibrillators. This was a grisly business but your cause was worth it - the pig had probably done this himself in his career, as the fascists were wont to do. He deserved what was coming to him.

Norrel took a brief glance at the panel, turned away and screamed. He shook violently against the leather straps of his chair as the smell of urine filled the room. The eight of you chuckled at his cowardice.

Lefanis was able to gather a few useful tidbits of information from the blasted spy before he expired. There were more spies among you. Three, to be precise. Norrel knew who they were, but was able to gather his courage and chew off his tongue before their names could be extracted. He died of blood loss within minutes.

The news was no surprise: other cells had had to deal with spies before, and you knew that this time was coming. What was unfortunate was that you do not have time to conduct a proper investigation. The fruition of all your work was soon to come into play, and time was of the essence. Years of labor had led to this point, and the regime would soon be toppled if luck was on your side.

Lefanis appears once again in the war room with a changed shirt. Your next mission was critical - a search and destroy mission. Three agents would be needed for the operation. It was his turn to lead, and thus his turn to propose plans.

=============
The planning phase of mission 1 has begun. You may discuss who should be sent on the mission within this thread. Lefanis will make the final decision and will choose three operatives to go on the mission, which may include himself. Lefanis, when you formally propose your plans, please make it clear that it's the formal proposal, as you will not be able to modify it afterwards. You will then all vote on these plans. If it fails, leadership will pass to D'Espana.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 22, 2013, 01:52:35 AM »
Game will be starting soon. No more sign-ups, feel free to PM me to reserve a replacement slot.

Norrel... You just left out Sonya :o

Waves

Also, can you give us an example of what you mean by mission proposal? Or at least a little hint?

EDIT: Okay, I think I just got the gist of it. Still, I'm glad I'm not the first Leader, I'd be like uhmmmmmmm... now what? ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:55:35 AM by D'Espana »
D'Espana Family

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: February 22, 2013, 02:06:24 AM »
Norrel... You just left out Sonya :o

Also, can you give us an example of what you mean by mission proposal? Or at least a little hint?

EDIT: Okay, I think I just got the gist of it. Still, I'm glad I'm not the first Leader, I'd be like uhmmmmmmm... now what? ;D

I didn't think Sonya was in, sorry. If he PMs me soon saying otherwise I'll restart the game.

A proposal would be like: I pick that myself, D'Espana and Lefanis be selected to go on this mission. And then everyone votes on weither or not they accept that plan.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:11:04 AM by Norrel »

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 22, 2013, 02:40:45 AM »
All of the players then discuss the Leader's choice and, simultaneous and in public, vote on whether to accept the team make-up or not.
I have a question. What will happen if majority of the players do not accept the team make-up? Besides the leadership passed to the next in command, will the mission is considered a failure? ???
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Thomasgriff

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: February 22, 2013, 02:55:57 AM »
I agree with D'Espana we need a little more guidence in the way the game works.
Also maybe next time give a little more time to join the game I barely saw the game and would not have even know had it not been for Ketchum.
Silence is golden, but Ductape is silver.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: February 22, 2013, 02:58:11 AM »
Ok, guys, I never send men on away missions without joining them. So I will be joining the squad for sure. I'm going to need two more to join me, so if you are interested, volunteer now, and I'll take it under consideration.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: February 22, 2013, 03:05:44 AM »
I volunteer ;)

Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Fury

« Reply #24: February 22, 2013, 04:10:44 AM »
Ok, I'm in.
Let's see how we do it.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: February 22, 2013, 04:20:37 AM »
Alright, some points of clarification since people are confused.

When selecting a team, you basically want to select people you can trust, since you want points. If the plan is rejected, the next leader makes a plan. If you fail to reach a majority on a plan five times in a row, the spies win automatically.

First, you vote on a plan. Once you eventually select your operatives, they go on mission. When this happens, they all PM me asking if they want to sabotage the plan or not (only spies can sabotage the plan). Once that's done, I tell you if it failed (and how many people said to sabotage if so), and give a point to either the rebels or the spies.

If there are any points of confusion I'd recommend you send them to me asap.

Note that being an operative isn't voluntary. If you're selected and people vote for it to happen, you're going on mission.

I'm sort of hesitant to give any real advice beyond game mechanics as I'm not a player.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: February 22, 2013, 04:24:29 AM »
If I understand correctly, we let these three go off on the mission and if they fail then we know one (or more) of them are saboteurs. I'd be interested to know why you three chose to volunteer.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: February 22, 2013, 04:25:08 AM »
If I understand correctly, we let these three go off on the mission and if they fail then we know one (or more) of them are saboteurs.

Yes. This is basically the premise of the entire game.

Fury

« Reply #28: February 22, 2013, 06:55:25 AM »

Right. When does voting close - sunset?
If someone doesn't vote?

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: February 22, 2013, 07:06:37 AM »
If I understand correctly, we let these three go off on the mission and if they fail then we know one (or more) of them are saboteurs. I'd be interested to know why you three chose to volunteer.
We wish to complete the missions and succeed in our rebellion. Maybe you asking the wrong question on the last part.

Right. When does voting close - sunset?
If someone doesn't vote?
I assume when we have majority in our votes. There is no deadline. See Norrel GM first post below

There will be no time limit on turns or anything of that nature but I will replace people at my own discretion.