Author Topic: The Resistance  (Read 34406 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Resistance
« Reply #75: March 02, 2013, 07:28:04 PM »
I'm not the one holding us back. We've always been waiting on players and only players.
I am not complaining about your GMing, I am simply stating that I hope you are not choosing this over BM time-wise.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: March 02, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
I am not complaining about your GMing, I am simply stating that I hope you are not choosing this over BM time-wise.

Nah, it was just that character I didn't want to play.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: March 02, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »
Dishman, ThomasGriff, Lefanis and D'Espana move out.

At first, things go smoothly. You breach into an office building and begin scaling to the top floor through the elevator shaft, using grappling hooks. You don't make a sound.
Your objective: a banking executive's office. You need to redirect some funding and the fool's been in the pocket of your enemy for far too long.

As you reach the top, flashbangs go off, then tear gas. Some of you fall unconscious, the others are merely incapacitated. When you awaken, you find yourselves alone, the room stripped bare, your PDAs and cell phones gone. It seems like they left you alive for one reason: their spy is among you.

As the operatives return to the base, everything is in chaos. Two other cells' bases have been overrun, their agents summarily tortured and executed. You take great care to encrypt your data, but it seems they were able to learn some things.

Your failure has resulted in the death of dozens of your comrades, but it seems that you still have a chance - they weren't able to break all of the codes. Some cells yet remain and the plan can still be put to action.

MISSION FAILURE

One operative sabotaged the mission.

Point tally: Resistance: 1 Imperial Spies: 1

Leadership passes to Arundel, who must now propose a plan with four operatives. If one of those operatives sabotages the plan, it will fail.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 10:56:01 PM by Norrel »
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Fury

« Reply #78: March 03, 2013, 03:25:34 AM »
Looks like we found the rat.  ;D

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: March 03, 2013, 04:24:10 PM »
The one who disapprove without stating why, is the rat. Sigh... >:(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: March 03, 2013, 04:49:39 PM »
Ok, it wasn't me...so the spy must have called for a success last mission.

So Fury rejected the setup last round, Thomasgriff rejected the setup this round....not sure if that gives anything away or not. I'm leaning towards ThomasGriff being spy for now. I know I'm not trusted (being the newbie on the mission), but does anyone have any good feels on the others?
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Fury

« Reply #81: March 03, 2013, 05:22:15 PM »
At first I was disinclined to agree just because someone didn't want to explain but then I went through the previous mission report and found this:

D'Espana takes up a sniper position atop a hill while operatives Lefanis and Thomasgriff breach the entrance to the nuclear power plant, tossing in smoke and tear gas and flashbangs before moving in, taking out any guards and otherwise clearing the civilians out.

Only these two are trained in flashbangs and smoke grenades! Hang them!

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: March 03, 2013, 09:14:07 PM »
At first I was disinclined to agree just because someone didn't want to explain but then I went through the previous mission report and found this:

Only these two are trained in flashbangs and smoke grenades! Hang them!

I want to clarify that everything I write is flavor text and has no bearing on the game besides telling you how a mission went.

Thomasgriff

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: March 03, 2013, 09:38:05 PM »
The reasoning behind my dissaprove is that the only way for the rebels to win is obtain the information on the spies.
With the last group we could learn nothing. As previosly mentioned if it failed you can't tell that it would be any of us so we were setting ourselves up for failure.
Silence is golden, but Ductape is silver.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: March 04, 2013, 02:32:36 AM »
The reasoning behind my dissaprove is that the only way for the rebels to win is obtain the information on the spies.
With the last group we could learn nothing. As previosly mentioned if it failed you can't tell that it would be any of us so we were setting ourselves up for failure.

Wrong. Last mission was a beaut, rebels got one point. Your last sentence doesn't make any sense at all.

I say keep ThomasGriff, Fury, and Dishman away from mission away teams, for their safety and rebel victory.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Fury

« Reply #85: March 04, 2013, 02:48:31 AM »
Says the one who threw the flashbang.  >:(
So who's going?

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: March 04, 2013, 03:01:27 AM »
Absolutely, and if anyone says otherwise he is definitely a traitor. In fact, I've got the funny feeling that we will have a sabotage in this round. We'll be 4, which is 50% of the 8 people we are. I'd be amazed if no baddies are going out with us.

'Nuff said.

I think the only fair thing would be to try next time with a completely different group. Unless we manage to label the three traitors right now, something I do not think we have enough clues to do, it is our best bet.

Though even if I thought this would happen, it itches. And I'm still not liking those random disapprovals >:(
D'Espana Family

Fury

« Reply #87: March 04, 2013, 03:16:33 AM »
How hard can it be?

Either the new operative Dishman is the Imperial Spy OR one of these three: Lefanis, Thomasgriff, and D'Espana just pulled the wool over our eyes.

Probably leave Dishman out for next OPs and also Thomasgriff because I didn't understand his analysis.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: March 04, 2013, 12:00:24 PM »
At the start of the game, one third of the group (rounded up to the nearest whole number) are randomly and secretly chosen to be Imperial Spies.

Players:
1. Dishman
2. Ketchum
3. Lefanis
4. Arundel
5. Fury
6. Penchant
7. D'Espana
8. Thomasgriff

8 divided by three is roughly 2.67, meaning we have three spies.

Nobody may discuss this game in private - all discourse relating to the game must take place here.

Allow me to render my analysis:

The first and second teams were relatively the same, with Dishman as an addition to the latter. Seeing as private discussion/coordination is forbidden, a single sabotage vote in the last run (and not two) leads me to believe that two of the remaining four rookies are spies. So out of Ketchum, Fury, Penchant, and I, two of us are spies. The odds of success are extremely low if I choose an entirely different team.

Now, I too believe that one of the first team vets sabotaged the second turn, and I highly doubt it was Thomasgriff. If it was, then he would have kept his mouth shut and voted in favor. No one would have been the wiser, and no one would have suspected him over the others. So out of the original three, I believe the spy is either Lefanis or D'Espana. When it comes to Dishman, he's obviously innocent. Voting as the new member, on the second turn, would be completely stupid and incredibly desperate. He's also an easy member to pin the sabotage on, so I doubly believe in his innocence.

Team choice and reason:

It should be stressed that the rebels can only try and isolate the spies (or bait them) when the former leads in points, ensuring the reward for the risk taken. Thomasgriff was right when he explained this in his disapproval. I would have agreed with him if he stated as much prior to the vote, considering I only thought about it now. Obviously we can't bait this turn, especially since the next team has five members instead of four. If we tried, the spies would have a near assured victory, regardless of the two sabotage votes required. Instead, we should try a hybrid solution: going for a point, while trying to identify a spy.

Thus I'll be choosing Thomasgriff and Dishman to come along with me for sure. However, I'm stuck in a tricky situation when it comes to our fourth member. Since I'm not a spy (and I'm not going to try and convince you,) out of Ketchum, Fury, and Penchant, two of them are spies. Out of Lefanis and D'Espana, one of them is a spy. From the first group, I have a 66.6% chance of choosing a spy. From the second group, I have a 50% chance of choosing a spy: a perfect balance for point gaining and spy identifying.

Lefanis is heads and D'Espana is tails. Coin flip: heads. Lefanis will be our fourth member. If a sabotage vote comes, then we know Lefanis is a spy. This is the identifier part of the plan.

So to conclude my thinking, two outcomes from my choice of team will follow:

Outcome #1 (best outcome) - The team succeeds. This wouldn't necessarily absolve Lefanis of guilt, but it would grant the rebels another point. With a one point lead, Thomasgriff could try to isolate spies, like he wanted to, and assure victory either then or by the last turn. I believe him a rebel, and so I believe this the best outcome.

Outcome #2 (the worst, but not so terrible outcome) -  Lefanis votes against. This would give Thomasgriff a team of three rebels to choose from next turn: Dishman, himself, and I. Since Lefanis would have voted against, he would free up D'Espana as a fourth rebel. This would leave Ketchum, Penchant, and Fury as candidates for the fifth slot. Out of those three, two of them (as stated previously) are spies. However, two sabotage votes (also stated previously) are required next turn for a successful mission sabotage. In other words, even if Thomasgriff chose a spy, there would only be one of them in the group, assuring a rebel point next turn no matter what. Thus worst case scenario, we go to the very last turn with a 33.3% chance of victory.

So the team is: Arundel, Thomasgriff, Dishman, and Lefanis.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: March 04, 2013, 12:50:55 PM »
I approve Arundel proposed team of Arundel, Thomasgriff, Dishman, and Lefanis.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)