Author Topic: Banner size restrictions  (Read 1379 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Banner size restrictions
« Topic Start: February 24, 2013, 04:31:23 PM »
Are there no automatic controls?

I thought the limit was 24x24, but Corsanctum's new banner is 26x26 (which isn't all THAT bad compared to some others we've had). We've seen a few large banners every now and then... Can't the game refuse anything other than 24x24?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Banner size restrictions
« Reply #1: February 24, 2013, 04:32:53 PM »
It's primarily a manual process.

I just approved the banner; the icon looked about right to me, but if it's 2 pixels too wide, I could believe that. Sorry about that.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 24, 2013, 04:34:51 PM »
It's primarily a manual process.

I just approved the banner; the icon looked about right to me, but if it's 2 pixels too wide, I could believe that. Sorry about that.

On its own, it looks fine. Next to the others, it feels a little large, though. If it'd be possible to make the game pre-filter out images that don't fit the size criteria (too small is no better than too big either), it'd help you out. 'cause yea, I could see how, on its own, 26x26 looks about right.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: February 24, 2013, 07:28:31 PM »
It should be really easy to reject anything not 24x24. I think zi just never coded it, because its a manual process anyways.