Poll

If your island exploded, would you stop playing or move to another island?

I would stop playing
8 (18.2%)
I would move to another island
36 (81.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: March 08, 2013, 04:51:09 PM

Author Topic: If your island exploded, would you stop playing?  (Read 11597 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I got called in to work but they are not ready for me to work yet, so instead of reading more food threads I figured I would make another poll.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I got pretty close to this in the last invasion as BT is "my island" and I'm pretty sure I would've continued playing.

Super-relieved that it didn't actually sink though. :P

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
No way I'd quit.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
No way I'd quit.

because of the loss of titles or because you love your island?

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Same as Lorgan I very much consider Beluaterra, or actually The New World, to be my favourite continent. I would not quit the game if it got blown up, I would just start a very lengthy and profound whining campaign on the forum and on IRC!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile

I play on as many different islands as possible, and never in the same realm. So if the situation of the one character is starting to taste a bit like soggy cereal, then at least I have the other characters to keep me interested.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

I think that was "There is no way I would quit," not "No way; I would quit."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

defeated by the semi colon!

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Absolutely not.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
It would be a sad day if BT or the Colonies went away, but I suppose there's still the FEI and Dwilight; though, Dwilight disinterests me due to SA.  The few times I ventured onto Atmara and EC I realized it was very fast and easy to be nearly completely overlooked as a new character.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
It would depend on how and when.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
It would depend on how and when.
I can understand why how would matter but why when?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
It would be a sad day if BT or the Colonies went away, but I suppose there's still the FEI and Dwilight; though, Dwilight disinterests me due to SA.  The few times I ventured onto Atmara and EC I realized it was very fast and easy to be nearly completely overlooked as a new character.
Why do you dislike Dwilight just because of SA?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I can understand why how would matter but why when?

I have two main continents. If one goes down and the other's still keeping me entertained, then I'd stay, but if one goes down and things suck on the other, then maybe I wouldn't.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile

This is correct.

You could sink every continent and raise up new ones, and I would still play.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner