Author Topic: Averoth OOC conflicts with GM  (Read 37348 times)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Averoth OOC conflicts with GM
« Topic Start: April 11, 2011, 10:20:29 AM »
I heard that players in averoth claim that the GM's are openly abusing there powers to win an in game war against there characters.
I also heard averoth uses family gold all the time to finance there armies and that the GM's now made it for averoth impossible to take out family gold.

What is happening up there?
I haven't heard of such accusations since avamar.

I know tom would do as less as possible to intervene in the game, so this comes quite as a shock.
How much of it is true and how serious is the situation?

I will try to be as neutral as possible in this reply as this threat can quickly spiral out of control. Also, I believe it's better for the GM's to go in the details if they feel like so.

What you said happened more in Thulsoma actually, I don't know to which extent the whole business was translated into Averoth to be honest. The main point is that it caught the attention of the GMs how relatively tiny realms were mustering insane armies relatively to their size, and it was discovered that the methods they used to foster gold exploited what were considered loopholes in the family gold system. The issue was fixed quite some time ago and that is all I know.

If you want to consider this an action taken by GMs against Averoth/Thulsoma, I would say it's just the natural consequence when someone evidences a weakness in a system. The GMs noticed something wrong they were not aware of due to the actions of the players, and fixed it. Clearly this created a feeling of persecution to the people of Thulsoma/Averoth that believe it was done on purpose to let them lose.