Author Topic: Changing duchy assignment for region  (Read 9962 times)

Eirikr

Re: Changing duchy assignment for region
« Topic Start: March 18, 2013, 03:58:53 AM »
Some links just don't appear, particularly if such a thing simply is not an option for your character at all. If you're a police unit and have no hours left, the Police Work option is shown but gray/disabled. If you're not a police unit, the option doesn't even show up. Likewise, if you're a ruler you simply cannot swap allegiance, ever. Therefore there is no reason to show the link and then disable it. Why bother? For you it will ever be possible. (And having said that, I know this is not always consistent. That's the problem with the long, incremental dev style of BattleMaster. Plus, there are some links that are intentionally only shown when you can actually do them.)
Oh, I'm fully aware that links are sometimes just not shown. For me, this link is entirely clickable. I (perhaps wrongly) assumed that it would be visible and clickable by all rulers, given the error message.

To me, this link makes more sense to just be grayed out. It's a feature you may need to use later, especially if you are in a realm with regular elections. Grayed out links are great for knowing what something is for and why you can't do it right now.