Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 133353 times)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #315: May 30, 2013, 03:48:04 PM »
And this time it will end to knockout!

-jaune

~Violence is always an option!~

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #316: May 30, 2013, 06:32:27 PM »
Round 2.

We learn with our mistakes, I surely learned something :)
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #317: May 30, 2013, 09:57:18 PM »
Ha wait, are you guys for real? You get Agyr according to the peace terms, but its a bit messed up because of a renegade duchess, so you want to war the realm that just gutted itself for peace? It's understandable to be sore losers, but whiny winners... that's something special.

Good luck getting anyone to trust you for a peace in the future if you war a realm in sickbay.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318: May 30, 2013, 10:25:49 PM »
It just doesnt make any sense what Kalixta did. She just peed on everybody's cerials... mostly to OO's and Melheds. There was clear line where both realms work to build good relations.... destroying all buildings from those regions surely aint working for good relations, as well as stalling stepping down.

If someone is blamed for this, it is Kalixta... who will suffer from it? She and Melhed. She betrayed you, not Thalmarkin.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #319: May 30, 2013, 10:48:48 PM »
Ha wait, are you guys for real? You get Agyr according to the peace terms, but its a bit messed up because of a renegade duchess, so you want to war the realm that just gutted itself for peace? It's understandable to be sore losers, but whiny winners... that's something special.

Good luck getting anyone to trust you for a peace in the future if you war a realm in sickbay.

Maybe pick a better duchess then next time.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #320: May 30, 2013, 11:18:31 PM »
Who is whining?

I am disappointed. I was really expecting a different end.

When Maya said she wanted to sign a treaty it was implicit and explicit that she didn't want the regions to be destroyed.
It seems to me now, that she was only gaining time to complete the destruction.

I expected something different after all talks. That's all. To destroy everything is just so childish... *If I can't have it, nobody will!*
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #321: May 31, 2013, 12:11:52 AM »
It's a valuable strategy... in preparation of war.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #322: May 31, 2013, 03:58:49 AM »
I must say I'm surprised as well... Thalmarkin gets fully populated regions, including their enemy's capital, and throw a hissy fit that there's not enough infrastructure? I've never seen a realm concede as much as Melhed after so little fighting... almost all prefer to die trying. Sacking the RCs also wasn't against the treaty...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #323: May 31, 2013, 04:44:58 AM »
Melhed has a long history of unique surrenders, both surrendering themselves and bringing others to heel.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324: May 31, 2013, 06:45:09 AM »
Sacking the RCs also wasn't against the treaty...

Yes it is, it is not working to better relations, it is pissing off future owner of regions.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #325: May 31, 2013, 08:06:36 AM »
I must say I'm surprised as well... Thalmarkin gets fully populated regions, including their enemy's capital, and throw a hissy fit that there's not enough infrastructure? I've never seen a realm concede as much as Melhed after so little fighting... almost all prefer to die trying. Sacking the RCs also wasn't against the treaty...

It was either that or just kill Melhed completly. It would take some time, but we were certainly prepared to do it. The only thing Melhed could have done is protect one of the cities, which in time would have caused it to starve to death.

Sure, Thalmarkin is getting alot, but Melhed is keeping alot as well. And it was against the treaty in such way that Melhed will consider Thalmarkin and Ar Agyr enemies in the future, and Thalmarkin and Ar Agyr will consider Melhed an enemy also in the future. The idea was to bring the realms to peace and even more, but thats just not gonna happen.

But well, dont you worry, Thalmarkin shall be the gracious victor as always :)
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #326: May 31, 2013, 12:41:51 PM »

Right. Because a fully developed duchy - something we do not even have in thal - is exactly the same as a duchy deliberately and maliciously stripped bare and made to starve. Around the negotiations table, such a duchy is in fact worth exactly as much as the other.  ::)

The state they're in now would've been the state we would've taken the regions in through a war that would've devastated many more of Melhed. Signing peace was thus the smart move for them compared to all the stubborn idiots who drool at the thought of a "heroic last stand" and the smart move for us, compared to all the stubborn idiots who orgasm at the thought of crushing that last "heroic" stand. Yet for us now, the result wouldn't have been so different except that we'd have had to fight an enjoyable war a little longer.

Yes it is, it is not working to better relations, it is pissing off future owner of regions.

Lawyered the lawyer.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #327: May 31, 2013, 01:00:50 PM »
Right. Because a fully developed duchy - something we do not even have in thal - is exactly the same as a duchy deliberately and maliciously stripped bare and made to starve. Around the negotiations table, such a duchy is in fact worth exactly as much as the other.  ::)

The state they're in now would've been the state we would've taken the regions in through a war that would've devastated many more of Melhed. Signing peace was thus the smart move for them compared to all the stubborn idiots who drool at the thought of a "heroic last stand" and the smart move for us, compared to all the stubborn idiots who orgasm at the thought of crushing that last "heroic" stand. Yet for us now, the result wouldn't have been so different except that we'd have had to fight an enjoyable war a little longer.

If there's starvation, it's damage is minimal. Melhed could have damaged those regions a hell of a lot more. I'm also pretty sure the starvation is probably mostly accidental, with all of your armies and region revolts, plus some of the bugs, keeping regions fed has been quite troublesome...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #328: May 31, 2013, 01:11:01 PM »
If there's starvation, it's damage is minimal. Melhed could have damaged those regions a hell of a lot more. I'm also pretty sure the starvation is probably mostly accidental, with all of your armies and region revolts, plus some of the bugs, keeping regions fed has been quite troublesome...

This is a joke right?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #329: May 31, 2013, 01:18:28 PM »
This is a joke right?

No, not really. I know for Tepmona, there was a bug that made sure that the region couldn't stay fed no matter how much food we sold it. And that food's been a problem a bit all-around. RCs are obviously intentional, but I don't think I heard anyone claim they were intentionally starving the regions.