Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 130872 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #195: April 18, 2013, 02:50:18 AM »
I've noticed a fair number of Lurian players in Thalmarkin as well. Funny how that rivalry spans continents.

Happened the other way around, actually! The initial push for war with Aurvandil brought quite a few folks from post-invasion Thalmarkin still looking for something to kill. Very few of us were in both realms originally. Thalmarkin and Melhed is a pretty old rivalry, but it's dwarfed by D'Hara and Luria. Any Thals wandering into Luria basically had no choice.  :)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: April 18, 2013, 04:53:45 AM »
I've noticed a fair number of Lurian players in Thalmarkin as well. Funny how that rivalry spans continents. Kinda concerns me that it turns it into an OOC rivalry though, those kinds of tension is where my patience for BM runs thin.

Anyway, fitting into this dichotomy wasn't really intentional for me. My first character was Ismail, who is basically a D'Haran patriot, like a Persian Ben Franklin or something. Maya showed up later, bounced around a bit, and when she landed in Beluaterra she chose Melhed basically based on the description; she arrived as a spurned Tandaros who wanted to hurt people and connect to the 'glorious past,' whatever that is. I guess she got her wish, scars and all.
Well I can only speak for the Lurians and myself, but there is no OOC rivalry that I know of. And its less that the rivalry has extended to BT, then it is that Thal is awesome, and so is LN so many play in both, (and Coria).
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Eirikr

« Reply #197: April 18, 2013, 06:25:43 AM »
If it helps at all, that execution cost Kalixta 6 Honor and 5 prestige.  :-X

Wow, yeah, that helps a bit. :P

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #198: April 18, 2013, 01:44:52 PM »
What is wrong with choosing a realm with same people when you know for sure you will have fun with them?
This is what we try to do all the time, isn't? To call people to our realms, people that will make it better.

I am in both, Luria and Thal. Luria was my second realm, Thal was a experience that happen to be the best one since I've started to play BM.

You all complain too much and mostly about things you have no clue.
This topic was not started to make propaganda, but the result of it is that we have a lot of new players there. That means, we are doing something right :)
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #199: April 18, 2013, 10:00:31 PM »
What is wrong with choosing a realm with same people when you know for sure you will have fun with them?
This is what we try to do all the time, isn't? To call people to our realms, people that will make it better.

I am in both, Luria and Thal. Luria was my second realm, Thal was a experience that happen to be the best one since I've started to play BM.

You all complain too much and mostly about things you have no clue.
This topic was not started to make propaganda, but the result of it is that we have a lot of new players there. That means, we are doing something right :)

I am tired of all you guys that are being such hypocrites. NOBODY IS COMPLAINING, for god sake! The only one complaining are you guys. OMG. Let's get to war already.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #200: April 18, 2013, 11:03:53 PM »

I am tired of all you guys that are being such hypocrites. NOBODY IS COMPLAINING, for god sake! The only one complaining are you guys. OMG. Let's get to war already.
I've noticed a fair number of Lurian players in Thalmarkin as well. Funny how that rivalry spans continents. Kinda concerns me that it turns it into an OOC rivalry though, those kinds of tension is where my patience for BM runs thin.
Please don't act like you know whats being said if you aren't even reading the thread.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: April 19, 2013, 07:32:50 AM »
Please don't act like you know whats being said if you aren't even reading the thread.

Then show me the post where people are actually complaining instead of quoting those that said we are not.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: April 19, 2013, 02:01:13 PM »

Post where someone is complaining.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: April 19, 2013, 02:20:17 PM »
The only complaints I see are from Disturbedyang.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #204: April 19, 2013, 08:44:05 PM »
Kalixta's about to have no honor or prestige left   :-[
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #205: April 19, 2013, 08:48:04 PM »
Has Guile been banned from melhed?

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: April 19, 2013, 09:37:27 PM »
Has Guile been banned from melhed?

I didn't see the "due to a ban spoken on him blah blah" message, so I don't think so.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #207: April 19, 2013, 09:50:50 PM »
Actually, I believe he bought his freedom before Kalixta could ban him. Slippery! And the advy has no known crimes against him other than his blood. Might be they both get to walk.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: April 20, 2013, 01:45:36 AM »
 ;D
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #209: April 21, 2013, 03:31:39 AM »
How to tell you're winning a war: when the other side starts importing characters from their own families.