Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 130881 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #240: May 05, 2013, 06:08:47 AM »
It's like both sides are desperately trying to paint themselves as the underdog, like an Australian State election. "You have all the advantages in this war, so we're doing so well to keep up!" "No, you have all the advantages and you mismanaged them!"

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #241: May 05, 2013, 06:19:20 AM »
You said what I was thinking.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #242: May 05, 2013, 04:35:09 PM »
The statistics page reveals otherwise. For most of the values that it tracks, Melhed rarely, if ever, outproduced Thalmarkin, this has been so since well before the outset of this war. One of the values I thought was interesting was that of military power, where the numbers actually run in Melhed's favor, until I realized that every city in Melhed sports at least 5-6000 CS of militia.

I would argue that this war is truly interesting only because of the passionate RP hatreds between the two nations (which I absolutely adore)  and that Melhed has consistently held out for so long since Thalmarkin has been unable or unwilling to steamroll their way to Agyr
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #243: May 05, 2013, 08:01:29 PM »
The statistics page reveals otherwise. For most of the values that it tracks, Melhed rarely, if ever, outproduced Thalmarkin, this has been so since well before the outset of this war. One of the values I thought was interesting was that of military power, where the numbers actually run in Melhed's favor, until I realized that every city in Melhed sports at least 5-6000 CS of militia.

I would argue that this war is truly interesting only because of the passionate RP hatreds between the two nations (which I absolutely adore)  and that Melhed has consistently held out for so long since Thalmarkin has been unable or unwilling to steamroll their way to Agyr

They're hoping winter will do their dirty work. A good move imo but anticlimactic. Maya kinda wants to go to the edge of Qual and yell COME AT ME BRO.

It's like both sides are desperately trying to paint themselves as the underdog, like an Australian State election. "You have all the advantages in this war, so we're doing so well to keep up!" "No, you have all the advantages and you mismanaged them!"

Hah, true. Forum propaganda wars drain my soul just a little bit. Better to take it IG.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #244: May 06, 2013, 02:33:17 AM »
Maya wants to meet Red again?
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #245: May 06, 2013, 06:59:54 PM »
Maya wants to meet Red again?

Maya loves making new frenemies.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #246: May 06, 2013, 11:42:24 PM »

The latter is a conscious choice. I will never assault Agyr directly. Just isn't going to happen. It might suffer, and eventually crumble to be sure, but I'm not going to piss away Thal's limited resources on some vainglorious assault on one of three Melite cities. ;-P

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #247: May 07, 2013, 06:54:09 AM »
The latter is a conscious choice. I will never assault Agyr directly. Just isn't going to happen. It might suffer, and eventually crumble to be sure, but I'm not going to piss away Thal's limited resources on some vainglorious assault on one of three Melite cities. ;-P

That being said, there is a party in lloringel. Wanna come?

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #248: May 07, 2013, 07:01:37 AM »
Nice RP  ;D

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #249: May 07, 2013, 04:42:02 PM »
That being said, there is a party in lloringel. Wanna come?

Enzo's delegates will be arriving shortly.  ;)

In seriousness, I *do* want Enzo to make it to a battle. There's a RP involving a donkey that I've been dying to write...

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #250: May 16, 2013, 12:59:05 PM »
23k vs 8k?

Yup, that should just about do it. GG guys.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #251: May 16, 2013, 01:06:04 PM »
Enzo, the dude that put the Chénier family on a path of rebellion and unrest.  ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #252: May 16, 2013, 01:44:28 PM »
There's more than 23K floating around. We have a bunch of old, slow nobles, though I love them so.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:11:30 PM by Solari »

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #253: May 16, 2013, 06:44:32 PM »
That was fast...

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #254: May 16, 2013, 07:06:30 PM »
Huh.