Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 130868 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #255: May 16, 2013, 11:10:37 PM »
DAMNIT. I didn't bring 28K to a knife fight just to turn around. Melhed, you have deprived me of the last proof that I needed for my war plan's hypothesis!  >:(

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #256: May 16, 2013, 11:15:31 PM »
We have others wars to fight if you are interested :p
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #257: May 16, 2013, 11:28:00 PM »
We have others wars to fight if you are interested :p

Okay!

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #258: May 17, 2013, 01:36:16 AM »
I'll just come right out and say this: As a player I have a healthy amount of respect for Melhed for putting up a pretty decent fight. The ending was a bit anticlimactic but probably inevitable.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #259: May 17, 2013, 01:47:42 AM »
I'll just come right out and say this: As a player I have a healthy amount of respect for Melhed for putting up a pretty decent fight. The ending was a bit anticlimactic but probably inevitable.

Well thank you! That means a lot to me. We tried... maybe with the discipline of a college frisbee team... but we tried.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #260: May 17, 2013, 01:50:16 AM »
Yup. Better to have a short, feisty war like this one than to have one that drags on forever and ends up destroying a big chunk of the map. Props to Melhed.

Then again, I won't be sure about this till all those lands are ours... :P

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #261: May 17, 2013, 02:17:23 AM »
I'll just come right out and say this: As a player I have a healthy amount of respect for Melhed for putting up a pretty decent fight.

^

When peace is actually signed, I'll expound on what our strategy was, and hopefully Melhed folks will too. And then I'll explain why this war could've easily been won by either side.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #262: May 17, 2013, 02:21:50 AM »
^

When peace is actually signed, I'll expound on what our strategy was, and hopefully Melhed folks will too. And then I'll explain why this war could've easily been won by either side.

Looking forward to it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #263: May 17, 2013, 02:24:54 AM »
Looking forward to it.

I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #264: May 17, 2013, 02:44:09 AM »
^

Yeah, that would be nice. I'll give a full account of my side once things settle, too. Maybe someone can put a write-up on the wiki for this war... I'd volunteer but I've got enough crap going on in BM and RL.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #265: May 17, 2013, 02:53:01 AM »
What you mean with write-up? The battles? I started it at wiki, but I was not sure what to put. I saved most rps about it and a few battles...
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #266: May 17, 2013, 05:31:05 AM »
So...what happened, exactly? Peace?

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #267: May 17, 2013, 06:12:45 AM »
So...what happened, exactly? Peace?

Thalmarkin steam-rolled Melhed's army in Bil Havil and scored a huge victory. Queen Maya sought a cease-fire with King Fingolfin to discuss terms of peace. Upon agreeing on a general framework, the cease fire was signed and it appears the armies are heading home, leaving the King and Queen to negotiate in Bil Havil.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268: May 17, 2013, 07:54:18 AM »
* jaune chuckles "It will be mine! MINE! I will become king! KING! I will conquer world! WORLD!
~Violence is always an option!~

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #269: May 17, 2013, 01:31:47 PM »
I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Need I be an !@#$%^& every time?

I'm not really involved in BT affairs right now, and despite expecting Thalmarkin to win, I did not expect it this way.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron