Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 130974 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #330: May 31, 2013, 01:20:36 PM »
1. Starvation isn't at all the point. The point is the 10k gold or something necessary to rebuild the realm's infrastructure.

2. When Agyr joined us it had exactly 0 bushels. Doesn't sound accidental to me, though separately it could be forgiven as Melhed wished to retain it's food.

3. Starvation isn't at all the point.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #331: May 31, 2013, 01:24:51 PM »
I would really say starvation is the point.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #332: May 31, 2013, 01:26:17 PM »
No. Not at all.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #333: May 31, 2013, 01:27:38 PM »
What do you know? I'm the expert talking here. Starvation clearly is the point. You cannot deny it. It's so pointy it'll pierce right through you.
Ardet nec consumitur.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334: May 31, 2013, 01:28:05 PM »
The point is that they harmed intentionally those regions. They didnt want to have good start with new realm and they wanted to pissoff Thalmarkin.

That is the actual point why i'm pissed and why Thalmarkin is pissed.
~Violence is always an option!~

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #335: May 31, 2013, 01:30:35 PM »
What do you know? I'm the expert talking here. Starvation clearly is the point. You cannot deny it. It's so pointy it'll pierce right through you.

*insert Ethiopian joke here*

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #336: May 31, 2013, 02:52:42 PM »
Did you guys destroy the Immortals ?

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #337: May 31, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »
Did you guys destroy the Immortals ?

God no.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #338: May 31, 2013, 03:09:19 PM »

2. When Agyr joined us it had exactly 0 bushels. Doesn't sound accidental to me, though separately it could be forgiven as Melhed wished to retain it's food.

Of course, Kalixta DID buy a weeks worth of food once she got access to Thalmarkin markets. Ya'll are whining over the "damage" she caused to the duchy...what damage is that exactly? The regions are healthy, fully populated, and rich. Thalmarkin built and rebuilt something like 5 RC's in the 2 turns Kalixta was there. IG it makes a whole lot of sense to strip the RC's. I mean, no matter the rhetoric for peace, if Ar-Agyr ever declared war on Melhed, why oh why would we let them use our own RC's against us? Nopenopenope and nope. I heard a lot about the "spirit" of the treaty. Talk of future friendship was a bunch of crap, it was an ultimatum demanding utter submission now and forever and nothing less. I'm trying to figure out why there's so much surprise.

And that's to say nothing of the disgraceful manner in which many Thal players comported themselves. I'd never seen anything like that in BM. I was astounded, both OOC and IG.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339: May 31, 2013, 03:15:45 PM »
heh, i got 4 etiquette issues :)

My chars overall are known to be not so noble on their talks... but gotta admit, OO went overboard on this one.

apologies OOCly, not IC :)

The surprice of this was, because atleast i was naive and really thought and hoped to have good start with Melhed.

-Jaune

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #340: May 31, 2013, 03:21:57 PM »
The surprice of this was, because atleast i was naive and really thought and hoped to have good start with Melhed.

-Jaune

^This and that I expected something different as a change. To destroy everything is just what everybody does. Would be nice to have a different story to tell.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #341: May 31, 2013, 03:25:21 PM »
Jaune's characters tend to be honorable to a fault. It's also always about the spirit of the treaty and not the wording with his characters.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #342: May 31, 2013, 05:45:19 PM »
apologies OOCly, not IC :)

-Jaune

I'll take that, thanks! In addition,  Kalixta was contacted by several other Thal's stating that while what was going on was not normal, they do cultivate a more "gung-ho" culture.

In regards to starting good relations, come on, really? If all ya'll wanted were better relations, we could have had tea parties instead of wars. "Give us your richest duchy, nevermind that it's your capital, as payment for daring to resist our invasion launched because we wanted to do exactly that in the first place" is not the best way to start. In fact, it was probably the very worst way.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343: May 31, 2013, 06:21:16 PM »
Do you have any clue about history between Thalmarkin and Melhed?

-Jaune

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #344: May 31, 2013, 07:45:34 PM »
I'll take that, thanks! In addition,  Kalixta was contacted by several other Thal's stating that while what was going on was not normal, they do cultivate a more "gung-ho" culture.

In regards to starting good relations, come on, really? If all ya'll wanted were better relations, we could have had tea parties instead of wars. "Give us your richest duchy, nevermind that it's your capital, as payment for daring to resist our invasion launched because we wanted to do exactly that in the first place" is not the best way to start. In fact, it was probably the very worst way.

Rule 1 of BM diplomacy: Do not antagonize those who have defeated you in a war without breaking a sweat. Thal let Melhed off the hook easy in comparison to most wars that occur these days. If you wanted a hostile Northern neighbor who has already beaten you once, you got it. Its just dumb to antagonize someone like that, what do you get out of it? Thal spends a little gold, but at the expense of diplomatic relations. Do you think Thalmarkin will ever trust Melhed again? No, they would be stupid to do so. Does Thal now have a Casus Belli to resume the war and rescind the charity already given to Melhed? Yes.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:51:12 PM by Stabbity »
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.