Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 130622 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #450: June 14, 2013, 02:46:22 AM »
I'm really short on time for the Doge position and it was really getting to the point I couldn't keep up properly any more. Poor Melhed got the brunt of it really as I don't know how long our talks lasted. I had all the good intentions, but simply not the time. Now Marche can also be more active in Riombara when it comes to war strategy and tactics since I won't know what's going on on the other side and he can become High Chancellor again one day and grump at Old Grehk for attacking Riombara! ;D Besides, Richard always went to Beluaterra to reflect on what happened in Ibladesh. Now he's all done with that and ready to have some fun in the Far East. ;)

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #451: June 14, 2013, 03:19:05 AM »
I'm really short on time for the Doge position and it was really getting to the point I couldn't keep up properly any more. Poor Melhed got the brunt of it really as I don't know how long our talks lasted. I had all the good intentions, but simply not the time. Now Marche can also be more active in Riombara when it comes to war strategy and tactics since I won't know what's going on on the other side and he can become High Chancellor again one day and grump at Old Grehk for attacking Riombara! ;D Besides, Richard always went to Beluaterra to reflect on what happened in Ibladesh. Now he's all done with that and ready to have some fun in the Far East. ;)

Too bad about Richard, my character had high hopes with him as Doge and with Fronen, hopefully it will be alright with the new Doge. Only time will tell :)

I think Marche or someone needs to mend the damage that Folcard caused, he after all destroyed the alliance and friendship between Old Grehk and Riombara. Maybe if the current leaders made overtures and attempts to mend the damage, things will be different. Thus far no attempts have been made. Maybe Marche is the one to do it! :)
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #452: June 14, 2013, 04:23:35 AM »
;D

Remembers Kalixta's full name, forgets his wife's...

Is that suitable grounds for divorce? Or does an absent husband allow for an annulment?

Not like Maya cares, just wondering... ;)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #453: June 14, 2013, 08:15:34 PM »
Maybe if the current leaders made overtures and attempts to mend the damage, things will be different. Thus far no attempts have been made.

Dude, seriously?

I swear, it's like no one wants to even acknowledge that Liara exists...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #454: June 14, 2013, 11:41:20 PM »
Is that suitable grounds for divorce? Or does an absent husband allow for an annulment?

LOL. My fault. Yeux was devasted by a wave of powerful women. Shae, Kalixta, Maya...  while Erik have them under his wings, Yeux was dominated by them.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #455: June 14, 2013, 11:48:44 PM »

LOL. My fault. Yeux was devasted by a wave of powerful women. Shae, Kalixta, Maya...  while Erik have them under his wings, Yeux was dominated by them.

Were those listed  in order of age, experience, or attractiveness? not that I particularly care, kalixta was right smack dab in the middle!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #456: June 14, 2013, 11:53:55 PM »
By order of destruction (influence), I think.

Shae convinced him to lead the rebellion, Kalixta convinced him to give her Agyr and Maya convinced him to make her Queen and give her an heir to the throne ;)
Serpentis again!

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #457: June 15, 2013, 12:34:06 AM »
By order of destruction (influence), I think.

Shae convinced him to lead the rebellion, Kalixta convinced him to give her Agyr and Maya convinced him to make her Queen and give her an heir to the throne ;)

Oh yeah...sure...Maya convinced Yeux to give her an heir... ;)
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #458: June 15, 2013, 01:58:49 AM »
Oh yeah...sure...Maya convinced Yeux to give her an heir...

Yeah... women... always convincing us to make babies!!!
Serpentis again!

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #459: June 17, 2013, 05:05:12 AM »
Dude, seriously?

I swear, it's like no one wants to even acknowledge that Liara exists...

Take my word for it, it is the next best thing to impossible to improve your diplomatic standing after the previous ruler has gone out of his or her way to alienate the rest of the island. I was at the helm of Fronen during the Fifth invasion and for a good part of the war preceding the Fifth Invasion when Fronen was getting walloped by the rest of the North. New faces just don't mean anything to some people; they judge you by the actions of those who came before, and the enmity is already in place.

I managed to get Fingolfin to like me, but that's about it. It wasn't until the Fifth Invasion started and Old Grehk did some fairly questionable things to Fronen that I managed to start regaining some standing with everyone else, probably because they started feeling bad for us. Plus Old Grehk really started to look like a bunch of bullies when they did those things, and everyone sympathizes with a realm being bullied. Can you imagine Enweil attracting so many allies before the Fifth Invasion?

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #460: June 17, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »
Take my word for it, it is the next best thing to impossible to improve your diplomatic standing after the previous ruler has gone out of his or her way to alienate the rest of the island.

Know that feel, bro.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #461: June 17, 2013, 02:29:47 PM »
Take my word for it, it is the next best thing to impossible to improve your diplomatic standing after the previous ruler has gone out of his or her way to alienate the rest of the island.

Oh, hey, I get that. I get that they have a hard time believing that Riombara is serious.

What really irritates me is the number of people who have said, "No one in Riombara has tried to negotiate/talk/make up/apologise," when Liara has done all of these things, first as ruler, and now (since Fronen's infiltrator kept stabbing her, then hopping on a ship in a borderline exploit) continuing as Ambassador.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #462: June 17, 2013, 07:36:26 PM »
What really irritates me is the number of people who have said, "No one in Riombara has tried to negotiate/talk/make up/apologise," when Liara has done all of these things, first as ruler, and now (since Fronen's infiltrator kept stabbing her, then hopping on a ship in a borderline exploit) continuing as Ambassador.

Well that's nice and all to say, but what are you really offering? From the outside, you appear to be continuing the same policies as your predecessor. I haven't heard anything different anyway, though that doesn't say much. All I know is that the war continues, and that that can only be because Riombara wants it to continue since I'm sure Enweil would just as soon agree to a cease fire without insisting on any conditions at all.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #463: June 18, 2013, 12:39:57 AM »
Well that's nice and all to say, but what are you really offering? From the outside, you appear to be continuing the same policies as your predecessor. I haven't heard anything different anyway, though that doesn't say much. All I know is that the war continues, and that that can only be because Riombara wants it to continue since I'm sure Enweil would just as soon agree to a cease fire without insisting on any conditions at all.

They are offering flowers to distract you while they keep on stabbing Enweil.

'cause really, there's no difference between Folcard's foreign politics and the foreign politics of the people who came before and after him. The others were just better at making others think that they were the nice guys in all of this.

Look at after the fourth Invasion: Enweil was again much more weakened than Rio, and Rio declared war for no reason, just like they did this time. They just weren't as openly jerks about it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #464: June 18, 2013, 12:47:37 AM »
Enweil delenda est.