Author Topic: Region Economy rebalance  (Read 34198 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Region Economy rebalance
« Reply #75: June 13, 2013, 06:00:11 PM »
I do think the point with increasing gold reserves makes sense. It is of course connected closely with the idea of less nobles. So as nobles decrease, the gold per noble increases.

For instance, on average a noble on Atamara currently has about 1,600 gold. That is utterly insane. That is the current outstanding gold amount.

How will that ever get spent?

The idea of implementing a system whereby you can spend tens of thousands of gold is a good one I can certainly support.

Alternatively, you could inflate prices of everything. It would probably increase game balance somewhat.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #76: June 13, 2013, 06:11:33 PM »
All the developers of this game are incredibly obtuse. No point even trying. This game is doomed and so is MF.

You seem to have a hobby of putting people down. I remember a similar highly negative comment of yours a while ago.

The developers of this game are first and foremost making you a present. I'm not saying don't look a gift horse in the mouth, and we are certainly open to criticism, but if you got something for free, there's a certain expectation of respect implicit when you complain about it.

Also, you're still around. Why? No, don't answer that question. I don't really care. You should simply ask it yourself and find an honest answer and then, well basically there are two ways to go from here for anyone of integrity: Leave the game (since you think it's doomed) or apologize (because that's no way to treat people who made you a gift).

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: June 13, 2013, 07:07:10 PM »
I liked this game, but response to complaints is always "I don't see a problem" or "we know better than you" or "go play war island" or "if you don't like it leave" or "you're doing something wrong". I explain further, comprehended by at least one person, get the same response from dev, lose patience. Plenty of people have already left. I'm out as soon as I've finished my last war.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:21:19 PM by Kai »

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: June 13, 2013, 07:16:20 PM »
For instance, on average a noble on Atamara currently has about 1,600 gold. That is utterly insane. That is the current outstanding gold amount.

How will that ever get spent?

Go settle in a poor realm and raise it from poverty. There are plenty of realms that could use a rich uncle money-bags. Or, you could come to Perdan and see that gold used up in a week.

War, colonies, funding dissidents....1600 gold won't go far with a creative mind. If there really is nothing to spend the gold on, your realm is stagnant and you need to travel to better prospects.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: June 13, 2013, 07:22:08 PM »
Go settle in a poor realm and raise it from poverty. There are plenty of realms that could use a rich uncle money-bags. Or, you could come to Perdan and see that gold used up in a week.

War, colonies, funding dissidents....1600 gold won't go far with a creative mind. If there really is nothing to spend the gold on, your realm is stagnant and you need to travel to better prospects.

War is not that expensive. Not if you have a rich realm. When Dukes store upwards of 50k on their person in a realm like Darka. It would take years to run through it all.

The problem is that it's all just stored up.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: June 13, 2013, 07:34:26 PM »
I liked this game, but response to complaints is always "I don't see a problem" or "we know better than you" or "go play war island" or "if you don't like it leave" or "you're doing something wrong". I explain further, comprehended by at least one person, get the same response from dev, lose patience. Plenty of people have already left. I'm out as soon as I've finished my last war.

If you want the game to be made in your image, maybe you should contribute in stead of bitch about the contributions of others.

That said, I can't say I've ever found myself with too much gold. There's always uses for it, either short or long term.

You might want to look at increasing the fine cap though. 250 gold is a little low and it'll only get lower.

And while you're at it, maybe increase the tax rate cap too? ;)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: June 13, 2013, 07:36:43 PM »
War is not that expensive. Not if you have a rich realm. When Dukes store upwards of 50k on their person in a realm like Darka. It would take years to run through it all.

The problem is that it's all just stored up.

It took some 10 years to build it up too. War is totally expensive if you're not getting paid for it, just look at Ibladesh.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: June 13, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
It took some 10 years to build it up too. War is totally expensive if you're not getting paid for it, just look at Ibladesh.

But that's my point. It is one reason that inflation of costs would make sense.

You've had gold poured into the game and yet no inflation visible in the game for 10 years. People will obviously build up stockpiles. One way to discourage stockpiling is to make gold spent now worth more than gold spent later. Basic economic theory.

Why not be subtle about it even? Increase gold production by 10% island wide, but also increase all costs by 10%.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: June 14, 2013, 12:04:44 AM »

If that is what you think, then you must have been completely ignoring all my posts in this thread for at least the past month or so.

If you look at some of my recent posts here, you will see things along the lines of, "Yes, that's a problem." "We want to get it right rather than release early." "We know this won't solve everything, but we're working on the stuff it doesn't."

How you can read that and still think what you've said above utterly baffles me.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: June 14, 2013, 05:10:04 AM »
If that is what you think, then you must have been completely ignoring all my posts in this thread for at least the past month or so.

If you look at some of my recent posts here, you will see things along the lines of, "Yes, that's a problem." "We want to get it right rather than release early." "We know this won't solve everything, but we're working on the stuff it doesn't."

How you can read that and still think what you've said above utterly baffles me.

Why we must spend 3 year for this rebalance and some idea? We have many new feature that can add fun to this game..

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: June 14, 2013, 05:21:00 AM »
Why we must spend 3 year for this rebalance and some idea? We have many new feature that can add fun to this game..

a) It's not 3 years.
b) The rebalance is another thing that will add fun to the game.
c) As has been stated over, and over, and over, and over: There are not many devs. We are all volunteering our time. That time is not unlimited. We have to prioritize.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: June 14, 2013, 05:54:33 AM »
a) It's not 3 years.
b) The rebalance is another thing that will add fun to the game.
c) As has been stated over, and over, and over, and over: There are not many devs. We are all volunteering our time. That time is not unlimited. We have to prioritize.

a) almost 6 month now..
B) this fun depend on noble, some will get but some not..
C) yes i know, we all know that.. This rebalance make other feature or anything being postpone to maybe 2 year more..

Zakilevo

« Reply #87: June 14, 2013, 06:02:34 AM »
There seem to be only two people in the devs now. Can't really do a lot of stuff with just two people...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: June 14, 2013, 07:30:45 AM »
a) almost 6 month now..
B) this fun depend on noble, some will get but some not..
C) yes i know, we all know that.. This rebalance make other feature or anything being postpone to maybe 2 year more..
a)6 months is far from 3 years although this hasn't been announced for 6 monthes but 3 I believe.
b)you don't really know how it will affect people, but its a lot better than simple arbitrary numbers like the old ones
c)other features and bugs have been worked on during the time that this has been worked on and once more, where are you getting 2 years from?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: June 14, 2013, 01:38:48 PM »
There seem to be only two people in the devs now. Can't really do a lot of stuff with just two people...

Especially when one of them just started a new job on the other side of the country from his hometown.

I haven't had time to contribute anything of worth in over a month: i.e. since the rebalance got put on hold.

But yeah, if you'd like to see something get finished, we'd love the help. Really. We're only two people, and Tim has been carrying 99% of the weight.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.