Author Topic: End Aurvandil's Blatant Cheating  (Read 14019 times)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: End Aurvandil's Blatant Cheating
« Reply #15: April 01, 2013, 03:20:19 AM »
@pcw27, Chenier

This game is supposed to be a sandbox of sorts, with an emphasis on role playing rather than power gaming. Harming Aurvandil by deleting gold and recruitment centres, or whatever you come up with, does nothing to promote role playing. Quite the opposite, in fact. It actually hinders role playing, as it presents the characters with things that can only be contrived as supernatural acts (God destroyed half of our recruitment centres!!!). You ask that these things be implemented in order to curb Aurvandil's power, as if this were a death match or something. But this isn't a death match and nothing is achieved by crippling Aurvandil, as the role playing and other things can continue unabated in any case.

If Aurvandil's about to destroy your favourite realm because they are so strong, then I have this to suggest to you. Identify what makes the realm so dear to you and then try to implement that thing in other realms that you are in. That way there will be multiple realms which you can enjoy and you do not have to depend precariously on a single one. For my part, I do not care when realms die because I am not picky so there are plenty others for me to choose from. I also do not care when one realm is more powerful than another (such is the case with Aurvandil and Barca), because it does not interfere with the fun I derive from this game (which is wholly untethered by relative power balance between realms).