Author Topic: Noble Skill Level?  (Read 1578 times)

Oronar

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Noble Skill Level?
« Topic Start: April 04, 2013, 07:14:51 AM »
I've been trying to increase the CS of my archers and when I do it just says it didn't do much but keep your men in shape.

Are the training successes random? Have I capped off my training abilities because of my character's skills?

For adventurers I know you can look up the skill levels under the Information tab, is there a similar one for nobles?

Thanks!

Eirikr

Re: Noble Skill Level?
« Reply #1: April 04, 2013, 07:38:36 AM »
Training is most effective for getting your unit to 100% cohesion, not training. The chances you increase their training is actually pretty low, it seems.

They're more likely to increase training in battle; I don't think it's tied to a specific stat. Given enough time and gold, you could theoretically train any unit to 100% with any noble... it's harder to keep them alive that long.

I picture it like this: Running drills together and practicing makes them work better together (cohesion stat). They aren't actually learning anything new, for the most part. In battle, they get real experience and might be more attuned to battlefield conditions. This includes practical choices made on the battlefield (training stat), but not necessarily taught in drills.

There may also be a connection between the chances of increasing training stat with higher Leadership skill, but that's just a wild guess on my part.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 04, 2013, 09:33:02 AM »
Also, there is a cap for training. I think it is 85%. And the shorter periods of training appear to have less chance to improve training. I theorize that the closer one gets to the cap, the harder it is to improve through training.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 04, 2013, 01:16:43 PM »
Also, there is a cap for training. I think it is 85%.

No, the cap for training is 100%.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 04, 2013, 01:40:54 PM »
the higher your troops training, the harder it is to get raise it. Once you get over 80%, it's probably not worth trying to raise it more, unless you have a lot of time and gold to waste. Cohesion, however, seems to keep going all the way up to 100% without too much difficulty.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 04, 2013, 02:34:52 PM »
I did that test with my noble and really the cap is 100%. He trained his men who had over 90 training and full cohesion and the 13th time he succeeded raising training by 1. Its basically not worth the gold above 85 training unless your unit cohesion is mediocore/low.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.