Author Topic: Banner Approval?  (Read 6694 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Banner Approval?
« Topic Start: April 04, 2013, 07:20:34 AM »
How long does it generally take a banner to get approved?

I uploaded the banner and my realm needs a banner because morale keeps dropping because we don't have one. How long should it take for it to get approved?

Also, when I try to select it it doesn't show on the banner page and when I select "set banner" it says it is already assigned for my realm, but yet doesn't actually show up for my realm. Confused.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Banner Approval?
« Reply #1: April 04, 2013, 07:37:36 AM »
How long does it generally take a banner to get approved?

I uploaded the banner and my realm needs a banner because morale keeps dropping because we don't have one. How long should it take for it to get approved?

Also, when I try to select it it doesn't show on the banner page and when I select "set banner" it says it is already assigned for my realm, but yet doesn't actually show up for my realm. Confused.
I believe a day max. Also, you can't resubmit until your current banner is approved or not. Until it is approved though, it will not show up anywhere.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 04, 2013, 01:18:29 PM »
Well, it's usually longer than 20 minutes, especially when you upload it in the middle of the night. Yeesh.

In any case, the banner you uploaded was bloody enormous. Please read the banner guidelines: it should be no more than 200px in either dimension.

If you scale it down so that its larger dimension is 200px, and upload it again, I expect I can approve it relatively quickly.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 04, 2013, 09:17:44 PM »
Well, it's usually longer than 20 minutes, especially when you upload it in the middle of the night. Yeesh.

I figured. Was just wondering how long it took in general is all.  :)

In any case, the banner you uploaded was bloody enormous. Please read the banner guidelines: it should be no more than 200px in either dimension.

If you scale it down so that its larger dimension is 200px, and upload it again, I expect I can approve it relatively quickly.

Done.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 04, 2013, 11:57:23 PM »
Looks like its gone through. Thank you!

Eirikr

« Reply #5: April 06, 2013, 07:14:37 AM »
Looks like its gone through. Thank you!

Soon all of BM will succumb to my handiwork! I can only get better!

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 06, 2013, 07:16:43 AM »
Soon all of BM will succumb to my handiwork! I can only get better!
You been making some of the recent banners? If so thanks for contributing the game in a special way.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 06, 2013, 07:48:20 AM »
You been making some of the recent banners? If so thanks for contributing the game in a special way.

He does great work!

Eirikr

« Reply #8: April 07, 2013, 09:06:57 PM »

I made the Heorot banner using Thalmarkin's as a base. (Heavy editing.) I made the banner in this thread as well, but all I had to do was remove the stuff around the shield and add in what should have been there. (So the banner itself existed, but I did the work necessary for the tiny version.) Truth be told, this was harder than the first!

For me, it's just helping me train on picture editing. :)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 08, 2013, 11:13:39 AM »
Is it possible for two realms to use the same banner in the same time on the same continent?
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Deytheur

« Reply #10: May 08, 2013, 11:54:49 AM »
Eirikr, if you are looking for more work I would certainly be interested to see what you could do for Eponllyn ;)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 08, 2013, 01:30:40 PM »
Is it possible for two realms to use the same banner in the same time on the same continent?

It should not be.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 08, 2013, 04:29:47 PM »
Eirikr, if you are looking for more work I would certainly be interested to see what you could do for Eponllyn ;)

How is Eponllyn these days? It was so dull I paused my character there last year some time. Things pick up at all?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 08, 2013, 05:13:55 PM »
We are at war with Perdan.

Armonia looted Perdan lands, so Perdan decided to teach Armonia a lesson by going on a murderous raping tour through Eponlyn.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 08, 2013, 06:05:17 PM »
Makes sense.