Author Topic: Niselur  (Read 58258 times)

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Niselur
« Reply #75: June 09, 2013, 08:05:01 PM »
FangFang will help with our monsters hunting situation, as he has been.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: June 09, 2013, 08:06:36 PM »
Hopefully Niselur has to deal with some angry Theocracies since they snubbed the church and the crusade.  Will we see Leopold dethroned?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: June 09, 2013, 09:31:51 PM »
More likely we will just have perpetual peace as usual up here.  :)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: June 09, 2013, 11:58:07 PM »
Will we see Leopold dethroned?

You're certainly going to have to fight for it.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: June 10, 2013, 12:03:45 AM »
You're certainly going to have to fight for it.

Which would imply that's something that the elders are interested in.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: June 10, 2013, 02:38:38 AM »
Hopefully Niselur has to deal with some angry Theocracies since they snubbed the church and the crusade.  Will we see Leopold dethroned?
Leopold's got solid support of his nobles-probably due to 'too much peace' and his style of leadership which tries to engage the realm.  My other character is in Belueterra, and it took days to get a message from the leadership, and I have not seen the ruler engage the realm as much.

In contrast, my character received a message on the first day from the King, and we get regular updates on the situation+rp events.

If we do go down, we won't go down in boredom, but fighting as warriors.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: June 10, 2013, 03:01:21 AM »
Yeah, Niselur sounds like a cool realm, the leader actively tries to recruit, I was deciding whether to choose barca or niselur but barca won out.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: June 10, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »
Well, we are certainly trying to make Niselur stand out from the crowd. The newish players have brought in a lot of dynamics and, along with constant political debates, we have series of roleplay events (which is something that I haven't seen that often). Plus, there is a ton of cultural background and a theme of the realm that we're trying to follow whenever we can. There is a momentum going on, and I, as a player, am looking on how to capitalize on this by using it to attract even more people. This is all intertwined with some fascinating IC events and shortly things should start happening. For better or for worse. As Frostwood said, if we're going to go down it will be in the blaze of glory, although it is my modest opinion that Leopold is way ahead of the Elders at this point. We'll see what happens.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: June 10, 2013, 08:22:08 PM »
Asylon used to be a backwater and through our independence and daring'do we have grown very strong. Players like a bit of challenge and danger and what you are doing in Niselur is on the right track for building an interesting realm. Stand up and be who you are as a people and never fear challenges. Our enemies said Asylon would be dead a long time ago. How wrong they were and yet people still fear these people? They have said the same about Niselur, the backwater theocracy, the sleeping giant awaken!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: June 10, 2013, 10:37:54 PM »
Nobles and realms in BM are a lot like Viking war parties. Where there is war and discord, the vikings will find their way there.

A way of saying, I'm sure the noble-count of Niselur will rise if things get interesting. The same holds true for most realms.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: June 10, 2013, 11:03:50 PM »
Well, we are certainly trying to make Niselur stand out from the crowd. The newish players have brought in a lot of dynamics and, along with constant political debates, we have series of roleplay events (which is something that I haven't seen that often). Plus, there is a ton of cultural background and a theme of the realm that we're trying to follow whenever we can. There is a momentum going on, and I, as a player, am looking on how to capitalize on this by using it to attract even more people. This is all intertwined with some fascinating IC events and shortly things should start happening. For better or for worse. As Frostwood said, if we're going to go down it will be in the blaze of glory, although it is my modest opinion that Leopold is way ahead of the Elders at this point. We'll see what happens.
I got the idea from Bowie Ironsides-I looked at his family page, and I was like "you can do that??", then I saw monsters moving away from Niselur and I decided to roleplay why they were running away and then other people seemed to be responding and it made simple monster hunting a lot more fun(for me at least).

We weren't simply fighting monsters anymore, but fighting against frog-like monsters who followed the darkstars who surrounded Sir Twinspire and wounded special forces commander Count Kenwood, joined by the man in tight armor with a "Doomed Arrow of Doom" called Count Shikon and the eloquent drunk 'old' and fat man Sir Rannekk.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: June 10, 2013, 11:50:33 PM »
Constant communication and inclusiveness with constant little roleplays make or break having a good time, in Asylon we have two nobles on a side quest in Itau looking for artifacts in some maze and they have been roleplaying this for several months now and instead if us just silently reading them we like to send a message to encourage more and to acknowledge that we read them. If everyone posts a small rp'd sentence or short couple of sentence rp everyday it makes a world of difference than just silence and logging in to move your troops or check your tax. There is so many ways to build a realm and create roleplay and conflict you just have to be willing to take risks and involve everyone down to the newest nobles, get them on councils, get the new guy who us willing to be your top diplomat , get the guys into war plotting the next one, once everyone feels that they have power to steer the realm it becomes less about the elders steering the realm and more about a giant chaotic boat with everyone basically steering to some vague goal without it being a constant tweaking by the king or elders of the realm.

The role of a ruler in this game is to say ' we want that mountain over there! Now all of you figure out how we are going to get it' and if you have a realm that allows everyone to come up with ideas and one guy says ' hey i got an idea' and enough people follow it then who cares if its good or bad, its fun to see where ideas go.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: June 11, 2013, 12:07:40 AM »
Well, I am just glad it isn't just me that is RPing into the void of Niselur anymore at least.

Telamon

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: June 11, 2013, 06:50:52 AM »
I really should have joined Niselur. Phantaria is a fairly quiet/boring realm. Grand Prince Kale and i seem to be the only constantly vocal nobles.
Weeks go by with just silence or players just contributing the bare minimum.

:'(
Lewis Therin (Phantaria) – Lanfear (Fronen) – Ishmael (Adventurer/Phantaria)

Telamon

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: June 11, 2013, 06:52:55 AM »
Good job up there though, i'll try to RP some life into my realm. It's refreshing to see realms like Asylon and Niselur embrace lower level nobles. Good job.
Lewis Therin (Phantaria) – Lanfear (Fronen) – Ishmael (Adventurer/Phantaria)