Author Topic: About the "Spread the Word" announcement  (Read 4919 times)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
About the "Spread the Word" announcement
« Topic Start: April 11, 2013, 12:23:31 AM »
Maybe we should have a sub-forum for marketing and advertising ideas. I am not sure this is the right forum to talk about the "Spread the Word" announcement.

I have been sharing the page of Battlemaster game many times, with my two facebook accounts, but this is not getting anywhere.
Not one of my friends start to play because of the post or liked it (and I do have tons of likes in some of my posts).

The posts at Battlemaster page are awesome to BM players, but doesn´t (or I think it doesn't) bring new players.
To bring new players, we need to post things that will make people curious about the game, curious enough to give a try.

We know that our actual players have many good ideas (see the win a key topic) when it comes to talk about the game.
What about a contest or something for, ideas for the viral, ideas for posts, ideas for anything that can bring new players by social media.

I hate how games at facebook public in our timeline all kind of colored posts, asking for help and sharing small gifts that you get when you click. But this works. I am not suggesting to do the same, but we need to find out what could catch new players attention.

Maybe contest about avatars for our chars, maybe battles animations at youtube. Maybe just some kind of graphic representation of the battles.

I would gladly post about a battle that my army won with some nice message that could probably caught the attention of my friends.

Not sure I can express myself right but those are some ideas.  I surely thing we need a brainstorm about this.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."