Author Topic: Allison's Eulogies  (Read 30346 times)

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Allison's Eulogies
« Reply #90: April 15, 2013, 03:17:03 AM »
Titles are also a good example because they're the very first thing on the 'do' list on the Dwilight wiki page. Why is that? Rewind to 2006.

Similar discussions were had then, some around the FEI, which had lost its designation as the 'RP Island' well before even then. And when I say we had a lot of RPers, I don't mean that the only thing we're missing now is people who would log in and write paragraphs of text about whatever they did that day (though some did). These were people who could take a black screen with white text on it and convey a real feeling of place and time. It wasn't one thing they did; it was a thousand little things, and collectively it made BM special for a lot of people, most of whom clearly aren't around anymore to talk about it.

Not to wade into this, because the title conversation is irrelevant to me, but I just have to note this: God, those were the days, Scarlett. When Lasanar would be filled to the brim every day with great RPs (remember the Vulpes-Kestrel Wedding?).

And it is a damn shame what so many vanished - not even just on FEI, but there were great RPs in Ibby around a love triangle - and I'll definitely agree that we lost a talented pool of people. But some come back and there is enough new blood - RP-wise - to make me hopeful.

My point is: Yes, things were definitely amazing back then and I still remember the old Galiard and Dodd RPs and chuckle to myself, but in a way Kwanstein is right. That a good part of that is nostalgia and that we can only focus on the present.
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me