Author Topic: On SA's political coalition: Pros, Cons, and Potential Action.  (Read 31701 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Get a hold of yourself. Contrary to what you seem to believe, you and your realm don't cross my mind very often at all. I care so little about you and your realm, that I never even bothered to ask myself whether your war is an interesting war or not. I just don't give a !@#$ about it. And as such, I don't even speak about it. The only reason I brought it up that once was because someone was being a jerk and claiming I was just talking out of self-interest to promote my own realm, when I was merely making a list of realms at war and likely to remain at war for some time still. How on earth can I be "complaining" about something I don't give a damn about? About something I only briefly mentioned to counter an accusation of self-promotion? Had you guys said your plan was to conquer Golden Farrow, then yea, sure, I could have listed Asylon on my list of realms to join if one wants war. But that's not what you want: you've publicly stated that you were trying to get peace with all nations you are at war with. For whatever reason, you love war so much but you are so eager to end them before anything really comes out of them. And as such, I wouldn't recommend Asylon to anyone who is looking purely for war. Your wars may be fun, your realm may be fun, but the fact remains that your wars are few and short.

Except that Indirik is right: Not a single person has stated that your war is boring. The only one that's spewing !@#$ from his mouth is yourself.

What you say and how you say it implies you care deeply and are extremely angry with its outcome.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Whats all this talk of FR taking lands to its south...?

:)

Does it matter? This is an oog forum. Whatever is said can be true or lies or even completely irrelevant. The lesson learned here is that people shouldnt be reacting to OOG knowledge or even fantasies they learn about on the forums. I a tendency to say things on the forum just to see how things will react IG knowing many here are mining for ig reactions.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
What you say and how you say it implies you care deeply and are extremely angry with its outcome.

Disdain is the only word that describes what I think of you, your realm, and your wars. Were you not so annoyingly self-victimizing on these forums, the word would instead have been apathy. Please stop harassing me and turning everything I say, no matter what it is or who it is said to, as being some kind of attack on yourself. You value yourself too much.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Disdain is the only word that describes what I think of you, your realm, and your wars. Were you not so annoyingly self-victimizing on these forums, the word would instead have been apathy. Please stop harassing me and turning everything I say, no matter what it is or who it is said to, as being some kind of attack on yourself. You value yourself too much.

Why do you react with such venom to everything I say? I know why because the truth hurts. It makes you angry to know that someone out there sees through your bull!@#$ and won't blindly follow everything you say. Please leave me alone, do not talk about my realm or myself unless you can begin to talk about it with unbiased opinion and hostility.

The mistake you made was trying to steer people away from playing in Asylon and instead promoting your own realm. What you should have done was not bring up my realm with any opinion and instead just promote your own realm.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:02:32 PM by Glaumring the Fox »

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
You have a point. Bored dukes could go off and secede at any time. Do iiiit!

I think the dukes are the most interesting but underplayed class in the game. They're like the kingmakers. They scheme.. a lot. They have serious clout. Similarly, AFK dukes are a serious contributor to stagnation imo.

You are correct, of course. However, again, the mindset of players plays a remarkable role here. Nationalism is something that is still greatly present even on Dwilight. People continue to see their realm as a nation, while they probably should see it as a collection of Duchies intertwined with culture and history, and bind by one ruler. It's hard to change that, perhaps even impossible.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Why do you react with such venom to everything I say? I know why because the truth hurts. It makes you angry to know that someone out there sees through your bull!@#$ and won't blindly follow everything you say. Please leave me alone, do not talk about my realm or myself unless you can begin to talk about it with unbiased opinion and hostility.

The mistake you made was trying to steer people away from playing in Asylon and instead promoting your own realm. What you should have done was not bring up my realm with any opinion and instead just promote your own realm.

Dude, after rereading some of this thread, I think you are, ONCE AGAIN, attributing what other people said to myself. Vellos implied your war was boring, not me. You may think that just because we were allies IG on Dwi, we are one and the same. But I'm not like your friend Mendicant. I don't secretly run for cabal of people whose only goal is to come antagonize you on the forums.

And of all the realms I've spent a long time in, D'Hara is by far the realm I've least advertized. Because until the War of the Maroccidens, we never really had any meaningful war and our food situation prevented us from adopting hostile diplomacy. I've even cautioned people again joining D'Hara, saying how it wasn't fit for everyone, being a trader realm and all. And I still didn't favor D'Hara over Fissoa in any way: heck, they probably see more battles than we do.

I react with venom because I'm sick of your behavior and attitude, I'm sick of you making a big drama out of everything that any single person says that even only remotely concerns you or your realm. You've said a billion times you'd stop and pull out, but you keep on doing the same god damn hussy fit all the god damn time.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I react with venom because I'm sick of your behavior and attitude, I'm sick of you making a big drama out of everything that any single person says that even only remotely concerns you or your realm. You've said a billion times you'd stop and pull out, but you keep on doing the same god damn hussy fit all the god damn time.

Because he keeps getting what he wants out of it: attention.

Stop feeding the troll, Chénier, and there's a good chance he'll get bored and go away.

I learned long ago not to care about a single thing that comes out of Glaumring's mouth (fingers? keyboard? whatever) because by his own admission, most of it is BS made up expressly for the purpose of provoking a reaction.

And yet you fall for it every time.

Just add him to your ignore list (Profile > Buddies/Ignore List > Edit Ignore List). Then you won't have to read his drivel.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Dude, after rereading some of this thread, I think you are, ONCE AGAIN, attributing what other people said to myself. Vellos implied your war was boring, not me. You may think that just because we were allies IG on Dwi, we are one and the same. But I'm not like your friend Mendicant. I don't secretly run for cabal of people whose only goal is to come antagonize you on the forums.

And of all the realms I've spent a long time in, D'Hara is by far the realm I've least advertized. Because until the War of the Maroccidens, we never really had any meaningful war and our food situation prevented us from adopting hostile diplomacy. I've even cautioned people again joining D'Hara, saying how it wasn't fit for everyone, being a trader realm and all. And I still didn't favor D'Hara over Fissoa in any way: heck, they probably see more battles than we do.

I am also sick of your behavior and attitude. I am sick of you making a big drama about things I say on the forum. I have Perth telling me to STFU because I mention a thing in the past, I have you and Vellos constantly saying !@#$ to new players and or players discouraging them from considering Asylon. I have Indirik and his banter. Halleria swooping in to take pot shots at everything I say. I can't help that I am so controversial and such a threat on Dwilight. I can't help that everything I have said has been so damn right and I can't help that I have steered Asylons strategic success to the point where it is now, where after months of all of your arrogant bragging and !@#$ talk your realms are in ashes and cannot even come near to defeating us. I can't help that everything you guys have ever said to me has been proven wrong, that even SA was complaining about Terrans lack of communication in war, that the Moot has horrible coordination and communication. I can't help that I was absolutely right about everything over the last few months regarding western Dwilight. And it must totally shatter every fibre of your being to know that your most hated enemy has been right right right right right on every count about everything I had been saying about you guys for months. And finally people are starting to see through your lies and awful tactical know how.

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
You are correct, of course. However, again, the mindset of players plays a remarkable role here. Nationalism is something that is still greatly present even on Dwilight. People continue to see their realm as a nation, while they probably should see it as a collection of Duchies intertwined with culture and history, and bind by one ruler. It's hard to change that, perhaps even impossible.

Its hard to secede with the Capital city in your Duchy, anywho. :P

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Well, as long as the Duke is happy and keeps gaining wealth and territory to his domain, he shouldn't have the desire to go his own separate way.  :P
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
What if the chance of lands adding to his power is slim to none at the current rate? Coupled with the impending losses in tax gold in his city, he might not remain a happy duke much longer....  :-\

Oh well, its a moot point with the code shackling him either way.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Because he keeps getting what he wants out of it: attention.

Stop feeding the troll, Chénier, and there's a good chance he'll get bored and go away.

I learned long ago not to care about a single thing that comes out of Glaumring's mouth (fingers? keyboard? whatever) because by his own admission, most of it is BS made up expressly for the purpose of provoking a reaction.

And yet you fall for it every time.

Just add him to your ignore list (Profile > Buddies/Ignore List > Edit Ignore List). Then you won't have to read his drivel.

Thank you, I didn't know it was possible to ignore someone. I'm happy to say that I have not ignored him;.

But in most places, trolls are moderated out. We just let this one keep on annoying 99% of the members of this forum. I bothered to read his last reply before ignoring him. "It's not my fault if I'm too damn good and awesome for everyone, that's I'm right about everything in every way and every time, blablablablabla".

Seriously. Why the !@#$ to we tolerate this level of trolling?

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Well, as long as the Duke is happy and keeps gaining wealth and territory to his domain, he shouldn't have the desire to go his own separate way.  :P

In Asylon( here we go again ::) ) it is every Dukes  right to attain independence if they desire. We do not allow region switching to neighboring realms (which we consider the highest form of treason and disrespect) but if any Duke or group of nobles desire power they may seize it in a coup or through referendum of independence as long as the new leadership maintains the monarchy or forms a monarchy realm. Asylon was founded in revolution, why would we deny it to anyone else to achieve the same goal? We do not need to hold onto power with our fists clenched tightly to squeeze all life out of the realm. We would prefer that the duke did it amicably if they do choose independence so that we can plan the new realm for success instead of breaking off and falling apart. We have every intention on refounding a realm in Kosht and one in Itau for the future. I hope that one day Asylon will be a small kingdom  of no real importance beyond that of spawning new kingdoms and being influential in culture even long after it is gone.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Oh god. He's on my ignore list, but I still get notices of his ramblings.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Seriously. Why the !@#$ to we tolerate this level of trolling?

Well, there I have to say, I agree with you. We really need some way to get the forum mods to crack down harder on trolling, flaming, and whatever other kinds of antisocial forum behaviour we see.

This forum could be a great place to interact with the community—and at times, it is.

Other times, though, it's a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan