Author Topic: So I noticed something on IRC today...  (Read 15019 times)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: So I noticed something on IRC today...
« Reply #30: June 02, 2013, 06:14:45 PM »
I started playing and went to the IRC after I found the wiki didn't answer all my questions on how to play.

I was keen to learn and asked lots of questions. I was invited to make a new Noble in a realm where I could be helped and tutored. I did and as annoying as my questions might be, I have, I think, made a contribution in this realm and I have learned so much from these players. I enjoy this aspect of the game now that I understand more. The politics and history and reasons can be more confusing then the mechanics at times.

I'm learning the rules, getting answers and being helped on IRC, thanks to all these kind players. I can ignore the trolls and have gotten to know some really nice players. I have had some good laughs and largely enjoy interacting on there. But most of all I am a more confident player.

Good to know :)
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."