Author Topic: Multis locked in EC  (Read 13798 times)

Kaltenthal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Multis locked in EC
« Reply #15: May 11, 2013, 07:58:33 PM »
Isnt that a bit rude to say? One of our friends on the Eastern continent shall be banned from the game for ever and some are just trying to understand !why!  and the only thing the GMs come up with is some babbling like "The evidence wont be shown" .. "no further discussion"

thats a darned cheek! If you want to loose your players for treating them like sh** you should keep that up and that will happen very fast.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 11, 2013, 08:14:51 PM »
The player in question will get a chance to explain himself.

If you think you are being framed by someone else, that's just not possible from my understanding of how these things work. And the likeliness of it even being attempted is incredibly low. Again, if the player in question feels like the accusation is incorrect, he can defend himself. Furthermore, sending gold to help a specific character is far from impossible... it's actually rather easy.

The reason that the evidence is not presented publicly is obvious: would the cops reveal publicly which routes they will patrol, and at what time they will do so? To elaborate on the anti-cheat checks would be to assist people in bypassing them. Many cheaters were only caught when they revealed themselves, but I don't recall any of them continuing to claim innocence after evidence on their wrongdoing was collected. IPs are only one of many tools: the last public catch before him was a guy who covered his IP trace pretty darn well, and indeed there was no way to trace them back to him. Other means were used. The point of not publishing the means used to catch him is to have other such cheaters repeat his mistakes, so that we can catch them too.

The reason for the lock of his accounts is not difficult to comprehend: he broke the rules. Only one account per player is the rule. He will get a chance to defend himself, if truly he is innocent (which I seriously doubt). I fail to see anything rude in this. You cheat, you lose. Simple. And for your information, he won't be "banned from the game for ever". His accounts will be permanently locked, but it is policy to allow players to return should they chose to begin respecting the rules.

And for your information, I am not in any way responsible for cheating checks.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #17: May 11, 2013, 08:28:57 PM »
Also, if the player wants to come back with a new account, no one is stopping him.

There has been few occasions where accused people could prove themselves innocent. They got their accounts unlocked in less than a week. If the player of Soulja family can prove himself innocent, he will get his account back.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:48:08 PM by Zaki »

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 11, 2013, 08:42:02 PM »
Also, if the player wants to come back with a new account, no one is stopping him.

There has been few occasions where accused people could prove themselves. They got their accounts unlocked in less than a week. If the player of Soulja family can prove himself innocent, he will get his account back.

Wrong. He like Mendicant, will be invited to make a new account unrelated to there own accounts and not allowed to profit from there previous achievements.

Kaltenthal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 11, 2013, 08:48:55 PM »
Thank you. Thats exactly what i wanted to know. I just asked if there is some other evidence then just the IP log and got a little upset that there where not a satisfying answer from your side. Its completely understandable that you can and will not show the exact procedere of finding cheaters.

And i thought that sending Gold between Chars on other continents does not work directly. Isnt that true? Also i doubt that all of those characters supported shady as we on the OI never saw anything that clearly showed that he does have so much money.

Maybe you should try to mail the player of Shady and talk to him in person about that case in depth before making any fast decisions.

I talked to him and he told me that there are a few of his friends who log in to BM from time to time. The same is the case with me and my friends.. i also have some friends that do play BM and sometimes we do log in from the same IP address simply because we have our PCs standing in the same flat when we have a LAN-Party going. Im a bit scared that the same thing that happened to those players can happen to me and my friends too as it seems that we have a very similar situation here.

Zakilevo

« Reply #20: May 11, 2013, 09:00:08 PM »
Thank you. Thats exactly what i wanted to know. I just asked if there is some other evidence then Stuff

Have you try talking to other locked accounts before? Multies are usually very silent. You usually get a reply back from people if you send letters directly to them but if you try that to multies they don't send anything back.

As for your case, unless your friends come over to your house to play BM every day, it shouldn't be a problem.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 11, 2013, 09:17:59 PM »
I talked to him and he told me that there are a few of his friends who log in to BM from time to time. The same is the case with me and my friends.. i also have some friends that do play BM and sometimes we do log in from the same IP address simply because we have our PCs standing in the same flat when we have a LAN-Party going. Im a bit scared that the same thing that happened to those players can happen to me and my friends too as it seems that we have a very similar situation here.

He's been invited to state his case and provide whatever explanation he wishes. He's also not banned from creating a forums account, so while admirable, there really isn't any need for friends to defend him.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 11, 2013, 10:27:43 PM »
If someone who's account is locked provides a convincing and believable explanation of the situation that led us to believe they were a multi, then their accounts can be unlocked. This does occasionally happen. In that case we apologize and move on.

If we do not unlock their accounts, then they are welcome to return, with a single new account, so long as they follow the rules.

As far as common IP addresses, our methods are not so naieve or simplistic.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 11, 2013, 11:47:32 PM »

Just to make clear before something happens: I don't know Kaltenthal! :D
Nah j/k even more Austrians playing? I thought we would be big minority. :D

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 12, 2013, 02:03:10 AM »
Six characters in OG, total. Once we allow for the affected accounts to appeal (which is a chance everyone gets, by the way), we'll list the characters/accounts.

Six??

Gee, I didn't realise it was that many..that is just a blow IC and OOC wise..
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 12, 2013, 02:24:09 AM »
Intresting, one of the locked accounts was for the house family, whose member 'Foreman' was implicated in forging faked letters concerning SoA in foreign courts. I always tried to question the player about this but he never answered, I guess this makes everything fit together now.

A lot of things fit together now.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: May 12, 2013, 02:32:24 AM »
Not all of the accounts locked were from the same set. It was quite a clearing house, with several sets of accounts being locked.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 12, 2013, 02:43:41 AM »
Wrong. He like Mendicant, will be invited to make a new account unrelated to there own accounts and not allowed to profit from there previous achievements.

I think you misunderstood.

Mendicant did not provide convincing evidence that he was not a multicheater. Frankly, in some cases, there's pretty much nothing the accused could say that could convince us that the evidence we have in our hands means something other than "multicheater". (I do not, offhand, recall if Mendicant's case rose to that level.)

Any multicheater who cannot prove their innocence is invited to make a new account unrelated to their prior accounts, and not allowed to profit from previous achievements.

Suspected multicheaters who prove to our satisfaction that they are, in fact, innocent are unlocked, and allowed to continue with their play with our apologies.

(This has actually happened at least once with someone who eventually turned out to be an actual multicheater.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Kaltenthal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: May 12, 2013, 01:39:12 PM »
Like i said, im mailing with him at the moment and he told me that you just will not unlock his account no matter what he explains to you.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: May 12, 2013, 01:54:37 PM »
And he would know that because...?