Author Topic: Paganism surges  (Read 3331 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Paganism surges
« Topic Start: May 14, 2013, 12:38:35 PM »
I'm seeing quite a lot of them lately, everywhere, and repeatedly.

Just this one character:

Paganism Surge   (17 days, 6 hours ago)
A surge of paganism in Larur is spreading to Paisland. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Paganism Surge   (15 days, 18 hours ago)
A surge of paganism in Golden Farrow is spreading to Port Raviel. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Paganism Surge   (7 days, 18 hours ago)
There is a surge of paganism in Port Raviel. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Paganism Surge   (6 days, 18 hours ago)
A surge of paganism in Thysan is spreading to Paisland. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Paganism Surge   (5 days, 6 hours ago)
A surge of paganism in Odona is spreading to Paisland. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Paganism Surge   (5 days, 6 hours ago)
A surge of paganism in Odona is spreading to Paisland. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Paganism Surge   (1 day, 6 hours ago)
A surge of paganism in Paisly is spreading to Paisland. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

A surge of paganism in Paisly is spreading to Port Raviel. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

A surge of paganism in Paisly is spreading to Paisland. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

A surge of paganism in Paisly is spreading to Port Raviel. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Paganism Surge   (6 hours, 22 minutes ago)

A surge of paganism in Larur is spreading to Paisland. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

I'm also getting this with other characters...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Paganism surges
« Reply #1: May 14, 2013, 01:54:29 PM »
Hm. That does seem excessive.

Please report a bug, and include that copy/paste.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 15, 2013, 01:22:14 AM »
Letter from Marc de Coivos   (28 days, 18 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (28 recipients)
Paganism Surge   (13 minutes ago)
A surge of paganism in Tepmona is spreading to Bisana. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Paganism Surge   (13 minutes ago)
A surge of paganism in Ieara is spreading to Bisana. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

I am not certain whether this is a concern or in any way relevant to anything, but I thought some of you might like to hear this.

Marc de Coivos
Count of Bisana
star  [reply to sender] | [ignore] | [userdetails] | [vulgarity]

Letter from Ender Fate   (28 days, 11 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (29 recipients)
This paganism surge seems too coincidental.  Any other regions in the area report the same?

Paganism Surge   (7 hours, 7 minutes ago)
There is a surge of paganism in Gor Ault. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Ender Fate
Count of Gor Ault

Letter from Madoc Velyn   (28 days, 10 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (27 recipients)
Surely this is an ill omen...

Paganism Surge (8 hours, 7 minutes ago)
A surge of paganism in Gor Ault is spreading to Rengo. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

A surge of paganism in Tepmona is spreading to Rengo. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

A surge of paganism in Tepmona is spreading to Bisana. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

A surge of paganism in Ieara is spreading to Bisana. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Madoc Velyn
Knight of Rengo

Paganism Surge   (15 days, 19 hours ago)
A surge of paganism in Mhed is spreading to Gor Ault. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Paganism Surge   (10 days, 7 hours ago)
A surge of paganism in Agyr is spreading to Rengo. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Paganism Surge   (9 days, 7 hours ago)
There is a surge of paganism in Tepmona. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Paganism Surge   (3 days, 7 hours ago)
A surge of paganism in Gor Ault is spreading to Agyr. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Paganism Surge   (19 hours, 9 minutes ago)
A surge of paganism in Hopidrii is spreading to Agyr. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Also, everyone's wounds see, to take forever to heal as of late...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 15, 2013, 01:56:33 AM »
I found where the mistake was in this, and it has been fixed as of rev. 6762.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 15, 2013, 02:43:07 AM »
I found where the mistake was in this, and it has been fixed as of rev. 6762.
Would that have also fixed the wounds issue that has supposedly been happening? I know of one character that is rather young but got knocked out for more than a week from wounds and is still waiting. (Don't know how bad the initial wound was.)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 15, 2013, 03:24:58 AM »
Would that have also fixed the wounds issue that has supposedly been happening? I know of one character that is rather young but got knocked out for more than a week from wounds and is still waiting. (Don't know how bad the initial wound was.)

Yea, two of my chars were knocked out for many, many days. One of them twice. And I've seen other characters get wounded for as long as well.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 15, 2013, 03:56:14 AM »
Would that have also fixed the wounds issue that has supposedly been happening?
No. That is completely unrelated.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 15, 2013, 04:34:11 AM »
Yea, two of my chars were knocked out for many, many days. One of them twice. And I've seen other characters get wounded for as long as well.

Nothing has changed in that code in nearly a year.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 15, 2013, 12:34:52 PM »
And characters with "recovering" status keep it for many, many days.

I'm telling you, every wound I've observed lately has lasted forever, be they for my character or another's. On AT, on BT, on Dwi... all the same. The last 5 cases I've observed have all lasted forever (5 days or so). Something's fishy, and these aren't all 50+ old characters.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 15, 2013, 05:56:16 PM »
And characters with "recovering" status keep it for many, many days.

I'm telling you, every wound I've observed lately has lasted forever, be they for my character or another's. On AT, on BT, on Dwi... all the same. The last 5 cases I've observed have all lasted forever (5 days or so). Something's fishy, and these aren't all 50+ old characters.

My 25-yo noble Ismail got knocked out completely for 9 turns with a critical wound. Seemed long to me but the wound was pretty bad. All my chars are in warring realms right now and I have noticed recovery times from serious wounds seem to have increased across the board lately.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 15, 2013, 06:18:03 PM »
Also, this just happened in ONE turn -

Paganism Surge   (just in)
A surge of paganism in Rengo is spreading to Bil Havil. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

A surge of paganism in Rengo is spreading to Bil Havil. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 15, 2013, 06:20:17 PM »
Also, this just happened in ONE turn -

Yes, I know. It could have happened even more times in a single turn. But it's fixed in the code, and will be fixed in the game once Tom pushes the update live.
Timothy Collett

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 23, 2013, 09:34:39 PM »
Just had this today:

Paganism Surge   (3 hours, 16 minutes ago)
A surge of paganism in Inklen is spreading to Mistight. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

A surge of paganism in Inklen is spreading to Mistight. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 24, 2013, 07:47:54 PM »
Again today.

Paganism Surge   (1 hour, 30 minutes ago)
A surge of paganism in Saffalore is spreading to Vashgew. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

A surge of paganism in Saffalore is spreading to Vashgew. Many people are finding more solitude in the old local faiths and all religions lose followers.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)