Author Topic: Family name mistake  (Read 3985 times)

gregg.mckiernan

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Family name mistake
« Topic Start: May 19, 2013, 09:56:43 PM »
Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right place, but this question is meant for the game masters. I created a new account today and used a special character, which unfortunately trans coded improperly. I was wondering if it is at all a possibility to have my family name changed? Immediately I scheduled the account for deletion which may have been a rash first decision, however I can't go back now and undo my action.

My real name registered to the game is Gregg McKiernan at the email gregg.mckiernan@gmail.com

Let me know!

Gregg

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Family name mistake
« Reply #1: May 19, 2013, 10:04:51 PM »
Hey!

I can't do anything to help you, but I always hate to see 'views X replies 0'. Welcome to Battlemaster! :)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 19, 2013, 10:08:29 PM »
If its deleted, its probably too late. However, for future reference, there should be a Change character/family name link on the Politics page when you play a character.

gregg.mckiernan

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 19, 2013, 10:11:06 PM »
It is currently scheduled for deletion, so I was hoping a last ditch effort could save the account. Thanks for the quick replies, I am a very impatient individual and it is good to have feedback right away!

gregg.mckiernan

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 19, 2013, 10:17:40 PM »
Update:

So I created a new account since my original was scheduled for deletion. Now that I know I could have changed the family name I will not make the same mistake twice. Thanks again,

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 19, 2013, 11:38:06 PM »
The game doesn't handle special characters very well... I think my family eventually needed a manual fix after it was discovered, many years after creation, that the game was bugging out for a few things relating to it. Realm names like "Fheuv'n" and "D'Hara" also create a few issues here and there.

Best to avoid special characters as much as possible, though I wish the game would better handle such basic characters as apostrophees.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 20, 2013, 12:44:31 AM »
Welcome to BM!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: May 20, 2013, 02:06:16 AM »
The game doesn't handle special characters very well... I think my family eventually needed a manual fix after it was discovered, many years after creation, that the game was bugging out for a few things relating to it. Realm names like "Fheuv'n" and "D'Hara" also create a few issues here and there.

Best to avoid special characters as much as possible, though I wish the game would better handle such basic characters as apostrophees.

Or you can just use the English alphabets.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 20, 2013, 02:22:59 AM »
Or you can just use the English alphabets.

Apostrophees are profusely used in English. What you say may apply to my family's É, but it does not apply to the examples of Fheuv'n or D'Hara.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 20, 2013, 03:34:59 AM »
Apostrophees are profusely used in English. What you say may apply to my family's É, but it does not apply to the examples of Fheuv'n or D'Hara.

Shut the hell up, foreigner.

Just speak American.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 20, 2013, 03:40:11 AM »

Just speak 'muhrican.

I'd assumed you'd want that fix'd.

egamma

« Reply #11: May 20, 2013, 04:13:40 AM »

Just speak American.

I can't so I won't. Or is that I can't so I won't in American?

...besides, the game's creator is German, the game server is in Germany. Americans are the foreigners.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:18:20 AM by egamma »

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 20, 2013, 04:19:49 AM »
I can't so I won't. Or is that I can't so I won't in American?

...besides, the game's creator is German, the game server is in Germany. Americans are the foreigners.

You obviously haven't heard of a little thing called the Second World War. America is not the foreigner.

(Also, I am kidding... if that wasn't clear)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 20, 2013, 05:15:36 AM »
I'd assumed you'd want that fix'd.
Btw, it would be 'Murikan.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 20, 2013, 11:32:36 AM »
Murica!
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.