Author Topic: 101 Ways to Destabalize the Northern Astroist Federation  (Read 80116 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Can someone explain to me how Hireshmont and Kale went from enemies to friends so quickly? I'm getting Maroccidental whiplash.

They aren't really, Hireshmont just sent Kale a pretty bristly letter actually. It just happens that their motives are aligning in this case or something. Either Hireshmont thinks Phantarian ownership of Chesney is better for him/Terran/the Church than D'Haran, or he's trying to get back on Kale's good side, or he just likes arguing with Machiavel (most likely case).

That really depends on the Elders at this point. If Phantaria had tried to join the 'moot before D'hara started taking over the lands of Saffalore, then most likely Phantaria would be the ones running the take overs and D'hara would be assisting them.

As it stands now, them joining the moot could easily be interpreted as Phantaria only joining the 'moot for the sole reason of getting the Duchy of the Lowlands rather than any real interest in taking the former place of the Republic of Terran.

I think it would be the opposite: if the Elders denied them it would look like they only did so so that D'Hara could grab Chesney. Their intention to approve Phantaria's membership was well known and obvious before this issue came up.

Phantaria's interest in taking Terran's place has been known since day one. Kale went before the Elders to make the case for Phantaria's republican form of government and Phantaria tried to conquer the Chateau with the public casus belli of seeing themselves as the successor state to Terran and trying to reunite the lands and conquer the old capital.

If Phantaria were denied membership it would be blatantly because D'Hara just wants Chesney.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:26:34 AM by Perth »
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)