Author Topic: 101 Ways to Destabalize the Northern Astroist Federation  (Read 79205 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Phantaria became an important symbol to rally around. Just wait until the Church tries to do anything again in the future. First words out of people's mouths "Oh yea this will end up like Phantaria. Piss off."

Indeed... the number of reasons why this crusade was atrocious for the Church are too great to list. I'm glad to see that despite being relatively new and low-ranking in the church, my perspective is confirmed by various higher-profile members.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Indeed... the number of reasons why this crusade was atrocious for the Church are too great to list. I'm glad to see that despite being relatively new and low-ranking in the church, my perspective is confirmed by various higher-profile members.

... like Jonsu, possibly the least influential priest in SA?

I think we'll all just have to agree to let time tell on whether this crusade's costs were worth the benefits. I think it'll all pan out well for the church in the end, ya'll disagree. We will all see with time.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile

I think we'll all just have to agree to let time tell on whether this crusade's costs were worth the benefits. I think it'll all pan out well for the church in the end, ya'll disagree. We will all see with time.

I think we're all missing the bigger issue here. The real drama and tragedy that came from this is the relationship between Kale and Hireshmont... they were so BFF-4-LYFE.... but now...  :'(
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

And Indirik, long-time ruler of one of the theocracy that tends to matter the most?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
And Indirik, long-time ruler of one of the theocracy that tends to matter the most?

It's a little known fact that Brance is not, in fact, the ruler of Astrum.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile

Pffft. Someone doesn't pay attention enough.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
It's a little known fact that Brance is not, in fact, the ruler of Astrum.

2011-03-21      Brance      Elected as Ruler in Astrum.
2012-05-11      Brance      Stepped down from rulership.

I didn't say "current" ruler, I said long-time ruler. He ruled for over a year, and held immense power before then and still holds immense power. And as he lacks my own bias against the crusade, I tend to have faith in his judgement regarding these church matters.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I can't believe I'm on Chenier's side on DWI for a change. Stop it, go be D'haran or something. ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I can't believe I'm on Chenier's side on DWI for a change. Stop it, go be D'haran or something. ;)

I know. Machiavel's like "Ugh... Jonsu... But... she's ... acting... in... our... interests...? This... can't... be... She must be trying to lure us into a trap of sorts."

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile

I know! Vellos wreaks of desperation. Its like he has fallen to the bottom of a well and only now is interested in learning to swim.

This whole crusade debacle will in typical SA fashion be talked to death until the next big mess up. Mess up after mess up with a constant desperate urgency to maintain the alliances like some sort of medieval soviet empire. It will fade out with a whimper.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
I know. Machiavel's like "Ugh... Jonsu... But... she's ... acting... in... our... interests...? This... can't... be... She must be trying to lure us into a trap of sorts."

She is luring you into a trap.

She's alienating you from your best ally in the Eldership.

I think we're all missing the bigger issue here. The real drama and tragedy that came from this is the relationship between Kale and Hireshmont... they were so BFF-4-LYFE.... but now...  :'(

It made Hireshmont very sad that he had to hurt Kale like that. He'd love to have a chance to help Kale out somewhere down the road; the issue is Kale doesn't seem interested in doing anything Hireshmont could help out with.

*Hireshmont whispers in a shady voice*

"Attack Asylon...."
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Of course she is. Did you notice the complete heel face turn Jonsu did after she got kicked out of the Elders? She's no longer the vicious, bitter, nasty, sharp-tongued bitch she used to be. After she got kicked out of the elders for being insulting, rude, and offensive toward her own Light, she actually took the time to finally learn something about the theology of the religion, and started being nice to (some) people.

Since this character is part of the Himoura family, one must assume that this completely uncharacteristic behavior  must be a trap.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
It made Hireshmont very sad that he had to hurt Kale like that. He'd love to have a chance to help Kale out somewhere down the road; the issue is Kale doesn't seem interested in doing anything Hireshmont could help out with.

*Hireshmont whispers in a shady voice*

"Attack Asylon...."

Hey, at least we don't fit the "families that always work together" mold now. We managed to put basically all of Dwilight at odds and cause one of the biggest stinks on the island in a while.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

She's alienating you from your best ally in the Eldership.

My best ally wouldn't put my realm in such a position of vulnerability without even consulting me first.

Had Phantaria called your bluff, and Morek been forced to punish either Phantaria or Niselur-Libero, who'd be backing that D'Hara-Luria Nova peace treaty? Alice just learnt that Morek was still pledging to militarily defend D'Hara if Luria Nova chose to break it, which she was getting ready to do...

Yea, my best ally would put us alone against the forces of Aurvandil, Phantaria (kinda), Saffalore, Falkirk (kinda), and Luria Nova. Totally. My best ally would also totally usurp traditional 'moot territory to place a foreign-backed non-republic on our doorstep. He'd also create a useless tension among the realms of the region, when really what we'd truly need to is bring everyone back together to KO the weakened states of Aurvandil and Falkirk.

But yea, sure, go ahead and claim that...

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Yea, that Vellos, stand up guy. Best Mootgram ever right? At least when Jonsu seeks to screw D'hara she never claims to be its ally while doing.