Author Topic: Medal?  (Read 9220 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Medal?
« Reply #15: May 22, 2013, 01:33:57 AM »
I give out medals fairly regularly (well, "regularly" considering the limited supply). The trust medals I'll give out to players I feel have a positive impact on the gaming environment in terms of the "playing a board game with friends" atmosphere. I give them regardless of whether someone is playing a friend or an enemy. Of all the trust medals I've given, I've only regretted awarding one of them.

I've only ever been able to award one role-play medal, and I gave that to someone who wrote an exceptional series of RPs. I've never been supplied any fun medals to award, although I've been awarded one of them myself. So I presume they're fairly rare.

Depends on which you get, I guess. I think fun medals used to be what I had the most of, but I think I gave all the ones I could a long time ago...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #16: May 22, 2013, 03:00:01 AM »
I've gotten medals randomly at the beginning. I think people just accidentally pressed the medal button while scrolling down or something.

It was so hard to get medals until the 5th one. After that, they were quite easy to get...

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 22, 2013, 03:16:26 AM »
Maybe Tom should give medal for 10 and 15  fame..  As award for new player to contribute more in realm they play..

Anyway, i now play in minas leon and fronen.. Hope i get medal in Minas Leon..

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 22, 2013, 05:01:17 AM »
It's been quite a long time since I've had the option to give out medals. A shame, since the number of characters you can play depends, in part, on the number of medals you have.

Really? Did not know that.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 22, 2013, 11:11:56 AM »
4. If you are a long time player (multiple years) and/or recognized by the community (medals), 1 more active character.

anoobowner

• Knight
  • Vorash Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 22, 2013, 11:56:21 AM »
I have been playing Battlemaster for 4 months, and I have about 3 medals.

People generally give medals if you either roleplay something exceptionally well, or exceptionally funny if you aren't in a position of power like me.

In particular, my stupid commoner was given 2 when he tried to run as a consul for Sanguis Astroism, and then later tried to be declared 'The Star King'; hehehe.
VORASH FAMILY: Protheon--Riombara | Prospero--Morek | Pamela--Caergoth

"The thing with computer-generated imagery is that it's an incredibly powerful tool for making better visual effects. But I believe in an absolute difference between animation and photography." - Christopher Nolan

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 22, 2013, 02:18:49 PM »
I have been playing Battlemaster for 4 months, and I have about 3 medals.

People generally give medals if you either roleplay something exceptionally well, or exceptionally funny if you aren't in a position of power like me.

In particular, my stupid commoner was given 2 when he tried to run as a consul for Sanguis Astroism, and then later tried to be declared 'The Star King'; hehehe.

you're so lucky..

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 22, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »
you're so lucky..

Yea...

Getting a medal almost depends more with who you play than what you do yourself. RPing/Playing great in a realm where no one has medals won't earn you anything. Nor if they already gave all of their medals, nor if they forget they can even give medals.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 22, 2013, 07:38:14 PM »
I give out medals fairly regularly (well, "regularly" considering the limited supply). The trust medals I'll give out to players I feel have a positive impact on the gaming environment in terms of the "playing a board game with friends" atmosphere. I give them regardless of whether someone is playing a friend or an enemy. Of all the trust medals I've given, I've only regretted awarding one of them.

I've only ever been able to award one role-play medal, and I gave that to someone who wrote an exceptional series of RPs. I've never been supplied any fun medals to award, although I've been awarded one of them myself. So I presume they're fairly rare.

I've received one, and I can give one currently, but I have also noticed something very odd: scanning the last 30 days, I can give some people trust medals, and others I can't. I am able to give a fun medal to anyone.

It's not a case of them having too many trust medals either, because the one person only has one, and can't receive, and yet I can give one to Merlin Silverfire, who has five.

I really don't understand how these medals work...although I do remember someone saying that a person can give more medals to people outside the realm than those inside...anyone care to comment?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 22, 2013, 07:42:43 PM »
I really don't understand how these medals work...although I do remember someone saying that a person can give more medals to people outside the realm than those inside...anyone care to comment?

This is the case.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 22, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
I've received one, and I can give one currently, but I have also noticed something very odd: scanning the last 30 days, I can give some people trust medals, and others I can't. I am able to give a fun medal to anyone.

It's not a case of them having too many trust medals either, because the one person only has one, and can't receive, and yet I can give one to Merlin Silverfire, who has five.

You can give more to non-realm-mates than to realm-mates.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: May 22, 2013, 07:54:21 PM »
This is the case.

Great, thanks :)

I haven't seen it mentioned, and some people might not know yet, but the only way that you can get a medal is from people clicking on the medal next one of your messages. So if they never hear you, you will never get anything!

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 23, 2013, 10:20:46 AM »
I can't remember the last time I gave someone a medal.
Time to go hand some out to people that deserve them...

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: May 23, 2013, 12:44:32 PM »
Medal Received (2 hours, 18
minutes ago)
You have received a Trust
Medal.

I think i know who gave me.. Anyway thank! :)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: May 23, 2013, 02:27:23 PM »
I also didn't have any to give for some time now.

Maybe there is a bug and no one noticed?
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."