Author Topic: Medal?  (Read 9219 times)

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
Medal?
« Topic Start: May 21, 2013, 10:25:25 AM »
I started play BM since November 2012 and notice old player have so many medal. One player (2005) i founde have 23 medal. And many new acc (below 3 year) doesn't have any medal include my RL friend acc.
So, how can i get one or two medal? Are this old player just stingy/mingy player?

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Re: Medal?
« Reply #1: May 21, 2013, 01:12:23 PM »
I think medals arent given out much these days, atleast i have forgotten to give out medals recently, even thought i can name few immediatly whom would deserve one.... so thanks for reminding, hopefully we get medals moving again.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 21, 2013, 01:12:43 PM »
I just tend to forget they exist, though I think I've awarded one or two before.

The way I think they're meant to work is that players can award someone who goes above and beyond in either of the three categories so that the awardee can feel appreciated and others can see that the person in question is probably worth playing with. So, I guess go above and beyond if you'd like medals! And hope you're playing with people who remember they exist.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 21, 2013, 02:20:58 PM »
I just tend to forget they exist, though I think I've awarded one or two before.

The way I think they're meant to work is that players can award someone who goes above and beyond in either of the three categories so that the awardee can feel appreciated and others can see that the person in question is probably worth playing with. So, I guess go above and beyond if you'd like medals! And hope you're playing with people who remember they exist.

Yea, same. Plus the fact that we can only give a limited amount has always made me hesitant to give any, should a better candidate arise. :/
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 21, 2013, 02:37:17 PM »
So with one medal, how much we can give medal to someone? Or we should have certain number of medal, then option to give away medal will be unlocked?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 21, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »
So with one medal, how much we can give medal to someone? Or we should have certain number of medal, then option to give away medal will be unlocked?

If I remember correctly, it's after a few medals.

Then, I don't think it's a static linear curb that determines how many you can give (having 6 medals doesn't give you twice as many medals to give as having 3, and medal stocks are replenished now and then I believe).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 21, 2013, 05:04:49 PM »
Actually, I don't think there's been a round of medal-giving in a while.

I usually get to give out several, as I have a fair number, but I haven't gotten to give any away in a long time.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 21, 2013, 05:26:23 PM »
Despite the obvious value of a player's contributions in general, I have been waiting for people to do that one thing extra. When I received medals it was after a particular set of roleplays, taking OOC action as a ruler, ... I do intend to keep this in mind, though, so thank you for the reminder. Medals are a great tool for motivating players, both new and old.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 21, 2013, 07:54:22 PM »
I usually run out of medals to give within a few days of getting the option to give.

Players who deserve to be rewarded are not in short supply, and not all medals should be concentrated on the few players who make the biggest contributions.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 21, 2013, 08:18:07 PM »
It's been quite a long time since I've had the option to give out medals. A shame, since the number of characters you can play depends, in part, on the number of medals you have.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 21, 2013, 11:37:37 PM »
It's been quite a long time since I've had the option to give out medals. A shame, since the number of characters you can play depends, in part, on the number of medals you have.

A new supply of freebie give-aways might be in order... Or mechanics changed so that they regenerate over time.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 22, 2013, 12:00:59 AM »
I got a trust medal after about 6 months. I figure I either haven't put forward enough or people forget they have medals to give.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 22, 2013, 12:01:50 AM »
I got a trust medal after about 6 months. I figure I either haven't put forward enough or people forget they have medals to give.

I sure had forgotten all about them...

Zakilevo

« Reply #13: May 22, 2013, 01:17:28 AM »
I just got one a few days ago:)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 22, 2013, 01:22:02 AM »
I give out medals fairly regularly (well, "regularly" considering the limited supply). The trust medals I'll give out to players I feel have a positive impact on the gaming environment in terms of the "playing a board game with friends" atmosphere. I give them regardless of whether someone is playing a friend or an enemy. Of all the trust medals I've given, I've only regretted awarding one of them.

I've only ever been able to award one role-play medal, and I gave that to someone who wrote an exceptional series of RPs. I've never been supplied any fun medals to award, although I've been awarded one of them myself. So I presume they're fairly rare.