Author Topic: Unnecessary Racist Slur  (Read 43114 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: Unnecessary Racist Slur
« Reply #105: May 29, 2013, 03:54:44 PM »
Summary:Unnecessary Racist Slur
Violation:Not insulting/being courteous to the global playerbase
World:Dwilight
Complainer:Ethan Lee Vita
About:Kas

I must apologize, was a lack of discipline from my courtier to not teach my new scriba my previous adresses properly, somehow I found him to be lazy, very short with slanted eyes and a yellowish skin, every time I passed by him I thought he was asleep because I could not see his eyes opened, but since I found this discrepancy better to change.

I must admit, my take on this message is somewhat different to those that have been expressed thus far. It wasn't specifically the laziness, slanted eyes, shortness or yellowish skin that I found disturbing. It was the joke that was made regarding them, or specifically the eyes. That is, because he has slanted eyes, I couldn't tell whether he was awake or not (lol), and so I thought he was lazy.

I get the feeling the above is a stock racial joke about (the chinese), although I haven't had that much contact with asians of eastern persuasion.

Thank you for the answer regarding the Titan punishment, it did look a bit odd coming at the same time as this one (and given that I share a realm with one of his characters).