Author Topic: What does Atamara need to happen?  (Read 32549 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: What does Atamara need to happen?
« Reply #60: June 02, 2013, 11:09:26 PM »
but if same would happen example with Duke Silvefire... it would not surprice me at all to see their armies march on our lands at next campaign with some awesome excuse.

-jaune

Oh cmon. That is a terribly inaccurate statement. VERY special circumstances arose to give you that impression and is far from indicative of my character's trustworthiness. Not to mention, you could at least have the common courtesy to acknowledge that you were informed of the change prior to things proceeding differently. Instead of an agreement simply being broken. Also, I'd like to point out that the simple idea of a "cease fire" is defined as something which can be ended at a moments notice. There isn't peace, there just isn't fighting going on.

Back on topic: I think that Vellos has pointed out the three possible ways that we could become more dynamic. However, I believe Idea #3 is absolutely impossible. CE/Tara is made up of Sheeple. If it wasn't, they would have already broken up. I know because at various points I've tried to cause it to happen. (including when I was a member of CE itself). I know how their governments work and there is no way that such could work successfully long term without literally ANY dissent unless it was made up of sheeple.

Only #1 or #2 has a remote change of making the continent more dynamic. Each of course has problems. The first has the problem that it requires Darka to actually die. Something which I see as increasingly unlikely. The second has the problem that it requires highly ambitious nobles to not only seek that ambition but to have a chance of succeeding. I don't think anyone who is aware of Atamara's recent history would contest that my character is probably the single most ambitious noble in the CE bloc, and he was soundly squashed from this last attempts of seeking ambitious changes. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I don't think #2 would occur to change things if Merlin can't even pull it off. Which leaves #1 as the only situation which could change things, and even then is unlikely and will take some time.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."