Author Topic: Aurvandil  (Read 81291 times)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Aurvandil
« Reply #90: July 03, 2013, 03:37:04 AM »
I don't leave because I have no where to go and I still think there's a story to be told for me in Aurvandil.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #91: July 03, 2013, 03:49:34 AM »
So a bunch of people with OOC connections legitimate players, who managed to only fill positions of power/lordships with others in their OOC circle (or multis) and had perfect communication with one another that entire time, somehow were all unaware that one of them had 15 or so multiple accounts? And after that one person's 15 multiple accounts were busted, all the legitimate players decided in unison to stop playing?

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #92: July 03, 2013, 03:52:26 AM »
I don't leave because I have no where to go and I still think there's a story to be told for me in Aurvandil.

If all the perfectly legitimate, inactive players of Aurvandil did auto-pause, it'd probably be the best thing to happen to the realm in a long time. The best play/RP seems to thrive on the brink of annihilation.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: July 03, 2013, 03:56:15 AM »

I doubt Aurvandil will manage to pull out of their death spiral or fend off neighbors that want revenge.

Fissoa is moving west as they solidify their hold on Madina isle and Fatmilak isle would be next presumably. I would expect Barca to take the Evanburg area as those food producing regions would be beneficial to them and D'hara.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #94: July 03, 2013, 04:03:10 AM »
Aurvandil is Nazi Germany at the end of WW2. There's a possibility for them to survive the war if they don't collapse internally, but the peace terms would probably be pretty harsh. (Ie, 'Hey, you guys, stop being nazis.')

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: July 03, 2013, 04:03:50 AM »
So a bunch of people with OOC connections legitimate players, who managed to only fill positions of power/lordships with others in their OOC circle (or multis) and had perfect communication with one another that entire time, somehow were all unaware that one of them had 15 or so multiple accounts? And after that one person's 15 multiple accounts were busted, all the legitimate players decided in unison to stop playing?

I didn't say that it was totally legit. Indeed, I suspect that these other players are Mendicant's OOC buddies, and that they ragequit because he got caught.

However, based on my experience with multicheaters, typically, if you catch one and lock most of his accounts, but miss (or deliberately leave) a few, they continue playing the others, using them to continue trying to achieve whatever goals they have, and even create new alts to replace the ones they lost. This tells me that these accounts were, in all likelihood, not actually other Mendicant multis.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #96: July 03, 2013, 04:13:34 AM »
That doesn't absolve them of guilt, though. If they knew about the cheating going on (and from the sounds of it, it'd be damn well impossible to hide if they were as all well-connected and friendly OOC as it seems) then they were cheating, too.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: July 03, 2013, 04:19:40 AM »
wolfsong, were you alluding to Fissoa actually beating us? I don't care if we have 5 nobles that wouldnt happen.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: July 03, 2013, 04:31:18 AM »
wolfsong, were you alluding to Fissoa actually beating us? I don't care if we have 5 nobles that wouldnt happen.

If Aurvandil's CS keeps dropping, it wont take much more than 5 Fissoans to beat them.

Heck, Barca will soon out power Aurvandil at the current rate.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: July 03, 2013, 12:42:52 PM »
I didn't say that it was totally legit. Indeed, I suspect that these other players are Mendicant's OOC buddies, and that they ragequit because he got caught.

However, based on my experience with multicheaters, typically, if you catch one and lock most of his accounts, but miss (or deliberately leave) a few, they continue playing the others, using them to continue trying to achieve whatever goals they have, and even create new alts to replace the ones they lost. This tells me that these accounts were, in all likelihood, not actually other Mendicant multis.

Not being Mendicant's doesn't mean they aren't multies either. Wouldn't surprise me if Mendicant's OOC buddies were in on it, and also cheating themselves.

I think what everyone here would like is that these accounts be investigated. Sure, someone MAY have a LOT of OOC buddies. And sure, they may all tire at about the same time. But even OOC buddies would not stick around for the exact same amount of time.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: July 03, 2013, 12:51:48 PM »
I doubt Aurvandil will manage to pull out of their death spiral or fend off neighbors that want revenge.

Fissoa is moving west as they solidify their hold on Madina isle and Fatmilak isle would be next presumably. I would expect Barca to take the Evanburg area as those food producing regions would be beneficial to them and D'hara.

A crumbling realm is always a interesting realm... a lot of open opportunities to change things... or make a rebellion!  ;D

Honestly, I think the best for Aurvandil, now, would be a rebellion to take the power and try to make some kind of amends with their very pissed neighbours realms.

This or a wonderful last stand before their destruction!   8)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: July 03, 2013, 01:03:17 PM »
A crumbling realm is always a interesting realm... a lot of open opportunities to change things... or make a rebellion!  ;D

Honestly, I think the best for Aurvandil, now, would be a rebellion to take the power and try to make some kind of amends with their very pissed neighbours realms.

This or a wonderful last stand before their destruction!   8)

No rebellion will satisfy their neighbors' lust for revenge.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: July 03, 2013, 02:20:18 PM »
Not being Mendicant's doesn't mean they aren't multies either. Wouldn't surprise me if Mendicant's OOC buddies were in on it, and also cheating themselves.

I think what everyone here would like is that these accounts be investigated. Sure, someone MAY have a LOT of OOC buddies. And sure, they may all tire at about the same time. But even OOC buddies would not stick around for the exact same amount of time.

File a Titan report then, with whatever evidence you have.

egamma

« Reply #103: July 03, 2013, 04:35:43 PM »
No rebellion will satisfy their neighbors' lust for revenge.

You don't seem to have a problem eating their food and paying them gold for it.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #104: July 03, 2013, 04:49:49 PM »
You don't seem to have a problem eating their food and paying them gold for it.

Probably because they stopped doing that a while ago...