Author Topic: Aurvandil  (Read 81076 times)

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Aurvandil
« Reply #45: June 14, 2013, 02:50:39 AM »
Says you and who's grossly over funded navy?

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #46: June 14, 2013, 11:56:06 AM »
Says you and who's grossly over funded navy?

Sadly, we have neither gross funds nor a shiny navy...yet.

"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: June 14, 2013, 12:52:17 PM »
Sadly, we have neither gross funds nor a shiny navy...yet.

We have a vast armada of stepping turtles! They just float between our big cities and allow our troops to march over them as on solid ground.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: June 29, 2013, 09:28:17 PM »
ITS OFFICIAL! Aurvandil has a new leader. will this spell friendship or fighting for the surrounding realms? only time can tell. STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE OF AURVANDIL: the good, the bad, and the sexually deprived.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: June 29, 2013, 11:28:00 PM »
ITS OFFICIAL! Aurvandil has a new leader. will this spell friendship or fighting for the surrounding realms? only time can tell. STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE OF AURVANDIL: the good, the bad, and the sexually deprived.

As the old saying goes, D'Harans make for exciting bedfellows.

Zakilevo

« Reply #50: June 29, 2013, 11:38:09 PM »
I am surprised Aurvandil is still alive. I thought it would fall apart after Medicant disappeared

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: June 29, 2013, 11:39:11 PM »
I am surprised Aurvandil is still alive. I thought it would fall apart after Medicant disappeared

It's very hard for a realm to fall apart with no external pressure.

It's not like he was playing every single character in Aurvandil. I don't think it was more than about 1 in 4, actually.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: June 29, 2013, 11:49:24 PM »
Still, they surprisingly have very few landed lords for how many nobles they have in that realm. Plus it seems some of their regions are going rogue.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: June 30, 2013, 06:36:31 AM »
Trust me, It's not been fun trying to rebuild Aurvandil after that. We are just now getting sufficient changes in order to bring the realm back to life.You will see a much different realm i feel from now on.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: June 30, 2013, 08:09:33 AM »
I am sure Aurvandil will continue to be interesting with a member of the Blint family as the leader. Does he roleplay rather regularly in Aurvandil? Or too busy with regular messages?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: June 30, 2013, 01:00:35 PM »
What happened to Allomere? I don't get it how a realm with so many nobles can have such a bad domestic situation. You have but a few appointed Lords.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: June 30, 2013, 01:36:14 PM »
I think Allomere quit the game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: June 30, 2013, 03:32:17 PM »
Aurvandil was an incredibly repressive tyranny. As I said several times, their entire realm was designed to focus all power on the ruler. The elections were a sham. The whole "we don't campaign" crap was intended to make sure that only cronies of the ruler (I.e. he and his multies/friends) got elected. Except for banker, and who cares?

When that kind of power structure disappears, I can understand how it would take a while for the realm to recover, and all the kinks to shake out.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: June 30, 2013, 03:38:46 PM »

I didn't. Why would it? No enemies, and still a bunch of ill-goten gains to keep them going.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: June 30, 2013, 03:52:13 PM »
Me and the Blint player have RPed several times. pretty much the only RP to go through Aurvandil for a while. And yea you were right Indirik, but hopefully times have changed now, and we can go back to being the realm everyone loves to hate in no time.