Author Topic: Aurvandil  (Read 80700 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Aurvandil
« Reply #180: July 16, 2013, 12:24:55 AM »
Dominic, they left. The most we could possibly do to them, if there's enough evidence left to determine anything, would be to lock their inactive accounts, "just in case" they ever happen to return and unpause.

We get it. You think everyone in Aurvandil is a dirty cheater, and we should hunt them down in the real world and kill their puppies while they watch, before submerging them in acid baths.

You really need to just forget about it all. This level of sustained hatred is unhealthy.

No, I'm not saying the rest of the 25 accounts or so are cheaters. Did I say that? No, I never said that.

Because they are gone, it's all fine? They can't hurt anyone? Then I can't hurt them either. And yet, you want me punished, you want to prevent me from calling them what they are? They have more rights than I do?

If two thirds of Aurvandil's characters were multies, everyone on Dwilight deserves to know it. Deserve to be spared of the hypocrisy of pretending they were all legitimate players, since they were never convicted, despite not being convicted because the very same people that tell me not to make the accusations refused to make the decision.

I hate cheating and cheaters, yes. Should I love them instead?

I've gotten a few warnings for "making public accusations", but if you were actually doing your job, and declaring them either legit or guilty, then there'd be no accusations to make. They'd be cheaters or they wouldn't be. I was told to shut up for literally years about this, despite how blatant it was all along. And for the most part, I agreed that, since I didn't have any proof, I wouldn't speak. But then we did get proof. Mendicant got caught. We KNOW there was cheating. And I want us to get to the bottom of it. And this wasn't small-time cheating. It wasn't someone making 2-3 spare accounts to get some extra power. This was an orchestrated effort involving about 50 characters on a 1-character continent, funded by the rest of the characters spread out all over the place, creating an unprecedented and unstoppable behemoth that could and effectively did whatever the !@#$ he wanted. Nearly the whole continent sided against the cheaters, and nothing could be done. This isn't minor. This is huge. And the titans won't even have the decency of trying to draw a good picture of what happened so that everyone can move on, but instead try to force others into silence by their own inaction?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: July 16, 2013, 12:45:31 AM »
Dominic, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: A dozen multicheaters do less damage to this game than one person spewing hatred and negativity everywhere.

You need to moderate your tone.

Do I intend to go after multicheaters? Sure.
Do I want them out of the game? Absolutely.

Will I spend loads of my free time to investigate a bunch of players who have already left the game just to satisfy your hunger for vengeance?

Hell no.

You're not after justice at this point, Dominic. You're not even after the good of the game. You want us to make them hurt, because you feel that they've hurt you. That's an understandable feeling.

But you've got to let it go.

When I've got some spare time, and I'm not feeling totally brain-fried from this absurd heat wave, I do plan to do a little more checking into the accounts that have gone inactive in Aurvandil. Maybe (if Tom thinks it's a good idea) I'll even see that some of the ones that were most obviously purely supporting Mendicant in his multi-fest get deleted sooner than they would by the cleanup script.

But there's no threat to the game from them now, they're not causing any problems, and you need to remember that you are just one person playing a free game.

You do not get to dictate to the Titans, devs, or any of the other groups volunteering their time to run this game how to do their jobs.

So simmer down.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #182: July 16, 2013, 02:20:51 AM »
What revenge is there to be had, if the guys already left?

I just want them to be called out for what they were.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #183: July 16, 2013, 03:46:39 AM »
Then maybe you should do so in private, Chenier. You're a Magistrate and are expected to hold to a higher standard. Constantly calling the entire realm cheaters when you know that's not true is not holding to that standard. Like it or not, you're in a position of some authority in these forums. Act like it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #184: July 16, 2013, 03:50:02 AM »
Then maybe you should do so in private, Chenier. You're a Magistrate and are expected to hold to a higher standard. Constantly calling the entire realm cheaters when you know that's not true is not holding to that standard. Like it or not, you're in a position of some authority in these forums. Act like it.

Full of cheaters does not mean filled with cheaters and nothing but cheaters, at least not in my understanding of the language. From what we know now, it sounds like it was about two thirds of Aurvandil at its peak. 66% of a whole ton of nobles. That's a lot of cheating. That 33% didn't cheat doesn't mean we should pretend the other 66% didn't as well.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #185: July 16, 2013, 04:34:52 AM »
In other news... Vahanian Blint has declared himself the new High Sovereign and Fissoa is whooping our butt! GO GO CHEVALIERS!

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #186: July 16, 2013, 06:40:44 AM »
I hope you guys still have some militia in Candiels. We need at least one epic battle out of this.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: July 16, 2013, 05:24:46 PM »
I hope you guys still have some militia in Candiels. We need at least one epic battle out of this.

I wouldn't count on it.   The stats chart says they had ~10K CS prior to the fight in Fatmilak.   Half that was their mobile force, we wiped out.

It'll be similar to the fight for Madina - attrition most likely if they hole up and make it a pain.   But the rest of Aurvandil's regions will be relatively easy to take.

If Barca meets up with us we can probably have a nice epic battle, 20-25K vs 10K behind the walls.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #188: July 16, 2013, 10:59:14 PM »
I wouldn't count on it.   The stats chart says they had ~10K CS prior to the fight in Fatmilak.   Half that was their mobile force, we wiped out.

It'll be similar to the fight for Madina - attrition most likely if they hole up and make it a pain.   But the rest of Aurvandil's regions will be relatively easy to take.

If Barca meets up with us we can probably have a nice epic battle, 20-25K vs 10K behind the walls.

You guys moved too quickly, would have loved to participate in that! :(

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #189: July 16, 2013, 11:17:38 PM »
You guys moved too quickly, would have loved to participate in that! :(

We'll likely secure all the western isle first, then wait out the winter in the Tower.   So, figure end of August to finish them off.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #190: July 17, 2013, 12:12:48 AM »
We'll likely secure all the western isle first, then wait out the winter in the Tower.   So, figure end of August to finish them off.

You think they'll last that long?

If Luria Nova allows, we'd be able to pitch in if you do this. That'd be awesome.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #191: July 18, 2013, 03:03:39 AM »
You think they'll last that long?

If Luria Nova allows, we'd be able to pitch in if you do this. That'd be awesome.

I'm being generous.   They have 10K in the Capital give or take.  And we take a week to do a TO. . . month just to take the Western Island.

They might actually die off before we get to kill them.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #192: July 18, 2013, 11:15:24 AM »
Xclusiv Party @ Candiels.

Maroccidans receive a 20% discount at the entrance.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #193: July 18, 2013, 03:21:55 PM »
They had a fair chance to play nice. They should have taken it.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: July 21, 2013, 11:46:17 PM »
So who's gonna get Candiels? I heard Barca wants it.