Author Topic: Titan System Revalation  (Read 49318 times)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Titan System Revalation
« Reply #30: April 17, 2011, 08:45:07 PM »
I would vote (if voting is allowed) to Anaris' proposal, which balances some current problems that might happen among Titans while not changing basic structure.

Silent complaints were always understood by me as a means to not disturb game atmosphere wile some eventual process takes place.

We already, in my opinion, have problems that too much OOC discussions "sucks life" out of game, where large majority of potential disputes can be brought in-game, but many players, when they become upset in-character, run to ooc domain.

of course, some issues related to titans cannot be solved in game, but public discussion would possibly turn it into typical chat forum flame, and almost everything interesting would be pulled out of game. not to mention the fact that final outcome of such discussion would directly influence many in-game destinies.

in-game political wars could easily become ooc forum wars. we already have tendency that many players who feel urge to enter in-game discussions do not make effort to learn to express in-game, but talk mostly ooc for many months, whole assemblies of players who get used to conduct say 80% of discussions ooc in all occassions where somthing funny could be developed. that degrades game, clearly.

i am saying all that not to blame any single player, but out of my belief it could have been improved much with adequate policy.

instead of encouraging such discussions, transparency could be improved if cases would be announced afterwards in special forum place.

to not anger tom, these would NOT resemble court cases. court cases means public which is allowed to attend discussions, so announcing cases after decision would be more dissimilar from courts than public discussions would.

purpose of such announcements would be to enable better understanding of how rules are to be applied to everyone interested, and even clear signs of Titan mistakes would not hurt such system, but would enable everyone to be better in future