Author Topic: Reduce time needed for repair equipment damage.  (Read 10843 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Splitting the same amount of work between 2 people does not cost twice as much.

You've never had to haggle with our smiths, have you?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
No clearly it takes N! times as much money, should be as "inflationary" as required

haggling with multiple smiths should make it take longer which is self defeating

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
People should be aware, when using the term inflationary, that it refers to an increase in monetary supply, not an increase in cost of goods (the consequence of the former)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Everyone can also use the smithies for as many hours as they have, instead of the smithies being all used up for the day. Think the idea works well to just increase costs as multiple smithies are used.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Reducing gold incomes by 30% would be a simple, easy and comprehensive solution to this problem and many others.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Reducing gold incomes by 30% would be a simple, easy and comprehensive solution to this problem and many others.

And how exactly this would solve this problem with huge repair times? Infact i cant right now imagine any problems what i think this game has would be solved with cutting of income...
~Violence is always an option!~

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
And how exactly this would solve this problem with huge repair times? Infact i cant right now imagine any problems what i think this game has would be solved with cutting of income...

It would prevent you from recruiting such enormously large units.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It would prevent you from recruiting such enormously large units.

But isn't that a result of the changes made in Battlemaster? I used to be able to recruit such units way back, around 2005, and apparently that situation has now returned. If people have access to more gold, they will recruit bigger units. I don't think this is bad in general and I agree that perhaps a part of the "code" should adapt itself to this situation.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
But isn't that a result of the changes made in Battlemaster? I used to be able to recruit such units way back, around 2005, and apparently that situation has now returned. If people have access to more gold, they will recruit bigger units. I don't think this is bad in general and I agree that perhaps a part of the "code" should adapt itself to this situation.

I wasn't making a value judgement, I was simply answering his question.

Cutting gold income by 30% across the board would significantly reduce the impact of high repair times for huge units, because people would not be able to recruit huge units nearly as often.

I don't think that's the right approach, though. I think that we need to look at a number of different factors in dealing with the additional gold in the system, and I don't have a single answer right now, either to that, or to the repair times problem.
Timothy Collett

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Reducing income by 30% doesnt effect MY char much for  a while. I can still roam with huge units for a long time.
~Violence is always an option!~

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Jaune I saw that 200 man unit... I would of offered them some 7UP before engaging them.

yeah, i've been avoiding big units simply because of the cost of repairs. I can once in awhile afford them but then geez repair for 45 hours... uh it's easier to drop them than do that.

Make it more costly to repair and cut the hours. I mean a city should have smiths not a smith. Plus a nobles order should be done sooner than some horse shoes! Well sometimes I guess. I mean my characters would fall off a horse. mm damn heavy drinkers probably forget they were on one.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)