Author Topic: Perdan vs Caligus and Company  (Read 63679 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan vs Caligus and Company
« Reply #135: December 19, 2013, 05:49:18 AM »
Perdan just wants to fight the next best opponent and with Ibby gone well the largest opponent is Sirion.

Then this is all the people in Perdan have to say instead of try to sell the idea of any change in our paradigm in favor of a better continent for the players ;)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Bhranthan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: December 19, 2013, 09:33:06 AM »
How likley will Perdan cede one of their duchies, like Ubent?
Especially with the coming economy changes, Ubent would be rich enough on its own and intrestingly located.
Perhaps after Sirion is beaten the only challange left for Perdan is Perdan?
Atanamir vs Hostanimir, now that would be cool!
Brutus the Brute - Kleptes the Thief - Atreus the Brave - Alucina the Lucid

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: December 19, 2013, 09:50:48 AM »
Since I doubt Sirion can be destroyed, Perdan will always have Sirion as traget as Sirion will always have Perdan as well. It's hard to see one of the two realms (or the two) entirely destroyed. It's more likely to see them losing lands just to recover it after more changes around.

Sirion took Oligarch just in the past months after a war we fought, unh... years ago. But we did and I believe if the people in power continues around, the same will happen again and again.

Argh... nothing in a game with so many people can be cool when it happens among two chars of the same palyer.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:52:47 AM by Eduardo Almighty »
Serpentis again!

Bhranthan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: December 19, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »
Since I doubt Sirion can be destroyed, Perdan will always have Sirion as traget as Sirion will always have Perdan as well. It's hard to see one of the two realms (or the two) entirely destroyed. It's more likely to see them losing lands just to recover it after more changes around.

Sirion took Oligarch just in the past months after a war we fought, unh... years ago. But we did and I believe if the people in power continues around, the same will happen again and again.

Argh... nothing in a game with so many people can be cool when it happens among two chars of the same palyer.

Nothing every happens between just two players.
I am saying that some kind of civil war would be cool, since atanamir is so ambitious, i'd like to see him lead one of the two or even both militaries.
It would keep Perdan going for a while.

Sirion wont be destroyed, but it can be beaten.
Brutus the Brute - Kleptes the Thief - Atreus the Brave - Alucina the Lucid

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: December 19, 2013, 11:46:18 AM »
Remember, I had a hand in creating some of that dominance, too.

That one made me laugh.

* Eponllyn is smaller than Itorunt.
* Perleone is smaller than Ibladesh.
* Fallangard was, up until last week, smaller than Yssaria.
* Ubent is completely gone.

* Perdan is 7 or 8 regions larger than it used to be.

In 2004:
Eponllyn is exactly on the lands of Itorunt (+ Betholm. :P)
Perleone is exactly on the lands of Ibladesg (- Betholm).
Fallangard is about to become Yssaria again.
Ubent is gone yes, the only realm missing in the south.
And well Caligus...we will see.
Perdan is +6 actually. And those regions are the poorest.

More realms by itself mean nothing. What good are more realms if those realms can't do anything by themselves, but are forced to walk a line dictated by someone else or else get destroyed? Living in a gilded cage is still living in a cage.

For IC reasons I can't tell you more on that, but I agree and I look forward to see some faces in here after some months when evaluating their own posts here.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: December 19, 2013, 11:49:20 AM »
How likley will Perdan cede one of their duchies, like Ubent?
Especially with the coming economy changes, Ubent would be rich enough on its own and intrestingly located.
Perhaps after Sirion is beaten the only challange left for Perdan is Perdan?

Game mech prevents seceding Duchies without City.
Hostamir could only have seceded when Ibladesh and Al Arab were part of his Duchy, for example.
Also, me against me? I am not schizophrenic enough for that yet, we think.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: December 19, 2013, 01:03:50 PM »
In 2004:
Eponllyn is exactly on the lands of Itorunt (+ Betholm. :P)
Perleone is exactly on the lands of Ibladesg (- Betholm).
Fallangard is about to become Yssaria again.
Ubent is gone yes, the only realm missing in the south.
And well Caligus...we will see.
Perdan is +6 actually. And those regions are the poorest.
You're going 2 years farther back than I go.  That was far enough back that the game was still small, before it got big. There's gotta be, what, 10 players that could remember that? And I bet several of them don't remember that, because they didn't/don't play on EC. The region borders ow are much different than they were when I started in '06.

But like I said, realm counts don't tell the whole story. Nowhere near. The north may be short a few realms, but several of those that you are quoting were one or two region realms that were mostly powerless, and didn't last very long because of it. There were only one or two (Rancagua and Avamar maybe?) that really lasted.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: December 19, 2013, 01:20:48 PM »
Eponllyn is exactly on the lands of Itorunt (+ Betholm. :P) - Xavax and Enubec.
Perleone is exactly on the lands of Ibladesh (- Betholm). + Xavax and Enubec.

Carry on.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: December 19, 2013, 01:39:32 PM »
You're going 2 years farther back than I go.  That was far enough back that the game was still small, before it got big. There's gotta be, what, 10 players that could remember that? And I bet several of them don't remember that, because they didn't/don't play on EC. The region borders ow are much different than they were when I started in '06.

I remember 2/10, The Hawk played back then, Isadril was being destroyed by the combined forces for some reason or other. Isadril the original White City.

@Eduardo, Yup well that what I think at least. ;D

I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: December 19, 2013, 02:08:18 PM »

See and there you bring up my point.
The game was still small and it was possible to have many realms and have game fun.
I remember players back then whining when more players came and gold ressources had to be shared and individual units getting smaller.
Now we are like back then and people complain that we are so few.
But look at EC, it is really funny again to have 150+ men units and be able to easily afford them.
Makes the battle experience even better.

But like I said, realm counts don't tell the whole story. Nowhere near. The north may be short a few realms, but several of those that you are quoting were one or two region realms that were mostly powerless, and didn't last very long because of it. There were only one or two (Rancagua and Avamar maybe?) that really lasted.

No realm in the north except Avamar and Fane was when founded a single region realm since 2004.
And even Avamar/West Sirion actually started with 3 more regions.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: December 19, 2013, 02:09:50 PM »
Eponllyn is exactly on the lands of Itorunt (+ Betholm. :P) - Xavax and Enubec.
Perleone is exactly on the lands of Ibladesh (- Betholm). + Xavax and Enubec.

Carry on.

I remember Xavax being long time rogue down there. But I could be mistaken.
But every week Ibladesh and Itorunt met in Itor Boss for their big battle, that I remember lol.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: December 19, 2013, 02:23:01 PM »
Oh and look, the game is growing again.

Arthas   Caligus   10   1   ok   Menethil
Arthelion   Caligus   10   1   ok   Menethil

Welcome back Dobromir.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: December 19, 2013, 03:56:56 PM »
Sirion wont be destroyed, but it can be beaten.

Let's suppose that in the best scenario the south can take from Sirion the Duchy of Oligarch, Krimml, Karbala and maybe, just maybe (what I doubt), Avamar. We will be back to some years ago. And in some years (since I intend to play for more years), you will see Sirion coming back again.

But how you intend to take so much lands and found new realms? Perdan have some recruitment center in elementary schools? Because without new players or a lot of multies, how you will change the entire player base of theses duchies? Atanamir will have to murmur a lot in their ears to convince so much people to betray Sirion, as he did in the south with some leaderships. Here in the north, people know him well enough to avoid his offers. He is hated enough to gather people against him... and in a natural way, every person that hates Perdan will seek for Sirion. That's the way we absorbed members from Fontan after defeat them: giving them reasons to fight Westmoor/Perdan. The same will happens if Caligus disappear.

After spread their players in southern realms, how they will repopulate Sirionite lands? Any expansion or control will be limited by one factor: players. We don't have 120 characters in big realms anymore. People make plans, but they forget to ask Sirion what Sirion thinks about it... so, if you cannot change the mindset, you will never see small realms living for much time around Sirionite former lands. Not because you cannot beat Sirion, but because you cannot exchange the old Sirionites without kick them from the game. I doubt you will see Meristenzio, Ecthelion, Alexander or Erik betraying Sirion and leaving as low traitors. That just to quote some names... then, I'm a little skeptical about these big changes. This should have happened when Erik was Duke of all the conquered regions... and this was attempted, trying to inflate the already huge ego of Erik to make him King. His loyalty is what prevented you from see now the kingdom of Avamar, or any eccentric name to show the predominance of this conqueror :)
Serpentis again!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: December 19, 2013, 05:56:49 PM »
The game was still small and it was possible to have many realms and have game fun.
I remember players back then whining when more players came and gold ressources had to be shared and individual units getting smaller.
Now we are like back then and people complain that we are so few.
BattleMaster was a completely different game back then. Such comparisons are practically invalid.

I remember telling me about how their realm back then had 3 people in it.

But look at EC, it is really funny again to have 150+ men units and be able to easily afford them.
Makes the battle experience even better.
Unfortunately, the game is not really built to support that. I'm not making any claims as to whether that's good or bad. Just sayin'...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: December 19, 2013, 06:12:07 PM »
BattleMaster was a completely different game back then. Such comparisons are practically invalid.

I remember telling me about how their realm back then had 3 people in it.

You may allow my seniority to say that BM is the same game as it was back then.
Some things in the game mech changed yes, but the essentials are still there.
Nobles, Units, Battles, Regions, Gold.
Only the players change over the years.